What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Raiders stand down Goodwin and Carney over club claims

Allegations are just allegations until proven otherwise. Carney could be completely in the right and the other bloke completely in the wrong, but you don't hear of regular joes doing the wrong thing by the media, because that doesn't make headlines. I don't think it's fair to judge until all facts are known or at least an investigation is under way.

Absolutely agree. Carney may have been quietly taking a leak in the gents and some idiot came and stood in the urinal. FFS

kkingston

Juniors
If found guilty Carney must be sacked. Pissing on someone is as bad a Tevita Latu hitting that women

Eels Dude

Coach
Pissing on someone? Would love to hear the reason that excuses that behaviour

As I said, allegations are allegations until proven otherwise. When I said "completely in the wrong" I mean in regards to allegations made. It could have been a verbal argument where the other guy got annoyed and made false accusations. We do not know who is the source of this information. It could be from another person at the pub who thought he saw something which he didn't. Or someone hearing something happened by rumour and reporting it as fact. If Carney did urinate on someone then it was completely stupid and he deserves to be sacked, however I think we should give the bloke the benefit of the doubt until more information emerges instead of relying on the media and unnamed sources for information.

Kiki

First Grade
okay i dont see a problem with players getting drunk and i hate when the media over reacts but this is just gross. normal human beings dont PISS ON PEOPLE in clubs. add that to the drink driving (which i find even more unforgivable, i mean he could have killed somebody) and i have little to no sympathy for him.

also in general he seems like a massive douchebag.

i feel sorry for you Canberra fans though :(

Harold Bishop

Juniors
Its pretty screwed up if Canberra deregister him, and say Souths pick him up for 300k. Carney wont really be punished - Canberra will.

kkingston

Juniors
As I said, allegations are allegations until proven otherwise. When I said "completely in the wrong" I mean in regards to allegations made. It could have been a verbal argument where the other guy got annoyed and made false accusations. We do not know who is the source of this information. It could be from another person at the pub who thought he saw something which he didn't. Or someone hearing something happened by rumour and reporting it as fact. If Carney did urinate on someone then it was completely stupid and he deserves to be sacked, however I think we should give the bloke the benefit of the doubt until more information emerges instead of relying on the media and unnamed sources for information.

Agreed, My thoughts exactly

Eels Dude

Coach
Absolutely agree. Carney may have been quietly taking a leak in the gents and some idiot came and stood in the urinal. FFS

The point I'm trying to make is in regards to the fact that we shouldn't always believe what we read. If he urinated on someone then he's obviously done the wrong thing and should be charged and punished, however as it stands at the moment I don't think it's fair to assume he did it based on the allegation, or rumour of that allegation.

RSK

Juniors
f**k this. Just as things were starting to almost fall into place for us. Honestly, even if he did do it, we can't afford to lose him. Simple as that.

Raider_69

Post Whore
f**k this. Just as things were starting to almost fall into place for us. Honestly, even if he did do it, we can't afford to lose him. Simple as that.

Id rather support a team i can be proud of to the spoon, then support blokes like this to a premiership.

Shorty

Staff member
Honestly, even if he did do it, we can't afford to lose him. Simple as that.
Well that's a great attitude:roll:

He's an idiot if he did that,he needs to be out of NRL for a large period of time.
That behaviour is unacceptable.

It really is poor timing just as the Raiders were starting to fire,but if he's done something like that he should be reprimanded.

Goodwin is obviously not as serious,probably anger management?

Karmawave

Bench
If there wasn't some serious suggestions of truth to the media reports, you can be sure Canberra would not be standing Todd Carney down when their semi final hopes are on the line.

Joker's Wild

Coach
If proven true Canberra should slap a massive fine on him and drop him to the reggies for the remainder of his contract. That way he wont be able to go to another club and his contract fee will be reduced by the fine.

Not sure how legal this would be though..

Kiki

First Grade
i sympathise with canberra fans but if we had a douche like him at the dragons i wouldnt want him wearing the red v and representing the club. winning isnt everything.