What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Raiders v Panthers (Spoilers)

I was watching the came on the delayed replay, what a nail bitter, but trust knights fans to come in and try to take the shine off it, lol

Mal Meninga

Bench
When Wesser scored after that diabolical Gower break from nothing I thought "here we go again." But these bunch of nuffies stuck with it and put together a fine win.

Learoyd Lahrs is a gun, no-one can stop him one on one and he's got a mean offload. Thurling just keeps going, non stop prop.

Great performance Canberra, that should help ease the woes!!

Caged Panther

First Grade
Pantherz9103 I can't believe how quickly you have turned. One loss in extra time and it's "oh well another long season."

argy-bargy

Juniors
PantherCraig said:
I have never seen a team play such dumb football as Penrith did tonight.

To lose tonight was diabolical.

ahhh, i can understand your frustration but you clearly havent watched the raiders run about for the past two weeks.

innsaneink

Referee
Whats wrong with Smith?
I was certain he was trying to milk a penalty, the replay showed a Penrith hand going close to his face but it didnt seem like contact was made, next shot is of him going off all groggy like hed been hitby a bus.?

How good would he be if he could run at the end of the game?

Ink, I dunno what happened, but he was definitely injured. They wouldn't replace their star playmaker in extra golden point if he wasn't injured. Apparently he didn't even attend the post match function with the rest of the players, so I'd say something was wrong.

innsaneink

Referee
I Bleed Green said:
Ink, I dunno what happened, but he was definitely injured. They wouldn't replace their star playmaker in extra golden point if he wasn't injured. Apparently he didn't even attend the post match function with the rest of the players, so I'd say something was wrong.

Yeh I know....very surprised to see him goin off.

I just knew Canberra would win it when Gower missed....5 goes hes had now........the Warriors game a few years ago came to mind.

Mal Meninga

Bench
Yeah the Warriors semi a few years ago came back to me when Gower was lining up.
Smith looked very groggy and I spotted blood near his mouth so who knows whats going on?

daslacker

Juniors
What a great finish to a game.

I couldn't believe preston missing that penalty shot,simple kick really.

I too thought at 1st Smith was trying to milk a penalty,but geez he didn't look good coming off.

Hope i get to see matty elliots post match interview.Usually a funny bloke
after a win.

*Paul*

Juniors
innsaneink said:
Whats wrong with Smith?
I was certain he was trying to milk a penalty, the replay showed a Penrith hand going close to his face but it didnt seem like contact was made, next shot is of him going off all groggy like hed been hitby a bus.?
He was the victim of a trip - actually closer to a flying kick. Mandatory send-off, but didn't even draw a penalty. I can only assume the officials chose not to look at the replays.

pantherz9103

First Grade
Caged Panther said:
Pantherz9103 I can't believe how quickly you have turned. One loss in extra time and it's "oh well another long season."

Its more who we lost to. The fact we had our full compliment available coming off two wins and they had two horrible losses. Even if we still have our fair share of wins, even if we make the 8. It will be a long and frustrating season, because of games like this.

If we can't beat Canberra under the current circumstances, they could lose to anyone, anytime. But the problem is? Can we beat anyone, anytime? Only averaging 18 points a game. We struggle to break past teams defending grimly on their line. Hard to beat the Cowboys or Knights with that sort of form.

cainen

Juniors
Good game.

But when are Penrith going to blood another goal kicker? So many games last season and now this one we could have won if we had only our goal kicking was better. We should be blooding a new kicker as Preston is going next year. Waterhouse and Rodney are competent kickers I don't see why we aren't using them.

Raider_69

Post Whore
pretty chuffed about that one, havnt seen the game yet, had to work but will catch it on monday for sure

SOULS 04

Juniors
schif had an off night with the boot too... but he hit it when it mattered.

i wouldnt get to worried about 1 game if i was a panthers fan... it cant be easy to play in canberra on a freezing night like tonight.

Caged Panther

First Grade
pantherz9103 said:
Its more who we lost to. The fact we had our full compliment available coming off two wins and they had two horrible losses. Even if we still have our fair share of wins, even if we make the 8. It will be a long and frustrating season, because of games like this.

To me that sort of take on canberra just buys into the media hype over how poor they've been. I mean weren't they leading about 3/4 into the game last week?

That being the case it was obvious to me that all canberra had to do was play for the full 80 and it would be a close game. They did and it was.

aussies1st

Staff member
Thats always been our problem, we could never play the full 80 last year and teams would come from behind and hammer us, like last week.

At least the Raiders are scoring a few amount of points this season.

choc_soldier

Coach
PARRA_FAN said:
back to back GP games for Penrith, who was the last team?

Ecstatic high in the 'gong and a gut wrenching low in Canberra - that's how I felt.

Congrats to the Raiders - definitely showed more hunger, and I think we honestly put our cues in the rack with 5 to go.

Having said that, they fully deserved their win, and I imagine it would ease SOME pressure off them.

innsaneink

Referee
Having a look at the replay now reminded me how "Penrith" the crowd seemed, all you could hear was panthers chants

hrundi99

First Grade
A lot of the Raiders Army were attending a wedding at the time.

Elliott's comment re Smith was something like "yeah he's obviously not in a good way because he wasn't even having a smoke after the game".

Latest posts