What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Raiders v Storm

aussies1st

Staff member
Our lineup have been named. Didn't expect Woolford to be back after yesterday but no Smith. Tom LL and Thopson return.

1. CLINTON SCHIFCOFSKE (C)
2. CRAIG FRAWLEY
3. PHIL GRAHAM
4. ADAM MOGG
5. ADRIAN PURTELL
6. TODD CARNEY
7. LINCOLN WITHERS
8. MICHAEL HODGSON
9. SIMON WOOLFORD
10. TROY THOMPSON
11. TOM LEAROYD-LAHRS
12. JASON CROKER
13. ALAN TONGUE

INTERCHANGE
14. MARSHALL CHALK
15. BEN JONES
16. JASON WILLIAMS
17. MICHAEL WEYMAN
18. ALAN ROTHERY
19. TREVOR THURLING

aussies1st

Staff member
Well one of them have to drop off we got no room for both of them. One should be in place of Jones though.

canberra_raiders2k2

First Grade
not a bad side, you would think Thurling should be there.

id take out Hodgson, he has been good latley but thurling has out done him.

Im baffled how Germ is gonna be fit to play. hes gotta be one of the toughest players in the NRL.

Thurling should be there over Jones, but jones didn't play too bad yesterday, Im fairly happy with that side.

Raider_69

Post Whore
germ is tough no doubt
but after a dislocated shoulder he simple CANT be 100% fit
which against melbourne, or anyone in the NRL for that mean, is too big a gamble

TiTTieS_[CNTDN]

Juniors
Has anybody noticed that one D. Howell has not been selected? Dropped or injured? The article at www.raiders.com.au does not make mention of this either way.

I thought Howell's attack was reasonably good yesterday with some strong runs at the tryline. His defence wasn't great, but can he be blamed for defending on the opposite side to that which he normally plays and also being paired up with a new player? I don't know exactly how many games Frawley and Howell have been paired up, but surely it isn't that many?

Raider_69

Post Whore
howell has taken an early plea on a dangerous tackle from yesterdays game and will miss a week suspended

woodgers

Bench
TiTTieS_[CNTDN] said:
Has anybody noticed that one D. Howell has not been selected? Dropped or injured? The article at www.raiders.com.au does not make mention of this either way.

I thought Howell's attack was reasonably good yesterday with some strong runs at the tryline. His defence wasn't great, but can he be blamed for defending on the opposite side to that which he normally plays and also being paired up with a new player? I don't know exactly how many games Frawley and Howell have been paired up, but surely it isn't that many?

That is total BS dreamed up by Wayne Pearce and fed to viewers much to my disgust. He has played on the right since game 1 2005! Every week I decide to listen to the commentary I pick up on at least a few comments which are just totally incorrect because they know nothing about us. It drives me insane. Either way, making excuses that someone is falling off tackles because they are on the other wing is the biggest cop out of all time.

Either way I will be interested to watch the defence wide on the right this week.

Timbo

Staff member
Howell is better than Purtell regardless.

Elliot ruled Woolford out at yestedays press conference, but named him today. Weird.

edabomb

First Grade
I would like to see Thurling ahead of Jones. But the thinking is probably that Weyman, Williams and Thurling are all impact forwards, and it gives a better balance to have a worker like Jones in there. Time will tell, who knows what form the 17 takes on Sunday.

TiTTieS_[CNTDN]

Juniors
woodgers said:
That is total BS dreamed up by Wayne Pearce and fed to viewers much to my disgust. He has played on the right since game 1 2005! Every week I decide to listen to the commentary I pick up on at least a few comments which are just totally incorrect because they know nothing about us. It drives me insane. Either way, making excuses that someone is falling off tackles because they are on the other wing is the biggest cop out of all time.

Either way I will be interested to watch the defence wide on the right this week.
Are you sure about that? Yesterday, Howell scored his try down the right side of our attack while against the Cowboys he scored on our left side of attack.

Boing Boing

Juniors
Raider_69 said:
germ is tough no doubt
but after a dislocated shoulder he simple CANT be 100% fit
which against melbourne, or anyone in the NRL for that mean, is too big a gamble

It wasn't dislocated from what I heard at the press conference, unless that word they used is another word for "Dislocated".

woodgers

Bench
TiTTieS_[CNTDN] said:
Are you sure about that? Yesterday, Howell scored his try down the right side of our attack while against the Cowboys he scored on our left side of attack.

Yes I am. They moved him left for that game against the Cowboys after he got ridiculed against the Sharks. Remember halfway through that game Elliott swapped him from the right and put Mogg(?) out there? He has definitely been a right side player for his time here.

Chachi

Bench
If they put Woolford back in there less than 100% fit it will be the supidest selection since, well, Purtell. He clearly had a problem against Souths and only lasted 10 mins against the dogs. Even if he manages to stay out there, Melbourne will absolutely destroy him in defence with a dud shoulder.