What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Raiders v Storm

Paullyboy

Coach
We really should have rested our whole team yesterday and given our SG Ball team a run. It wouldnt have affected the result. The sooner we find the witchdoctor who put the hoodoo on us against the Storm the better.

hrundi99

First Grade
I expected to lose and was hoping that it wouldn't be by too much, and that was the result.

Can't say I was that cut up about it.

Chachi

Bench
Yeah, I was on a course and only got to hear the second half on the radio on the way home. Couldn't say I was too surprised to be down 22-2 and was just thankful we didn't get yet another hammering to our F/A ratio.

Bay56

First Grade
jed said:
Something I was hopeing to see (and might get the chance in a next few rounds) is a set of 6 where Weyman hits the line, Williams hits the same point next tackle, TLL the next, then Tilse, then Thurling - when those guys hit at pace, it's not going to be too often that they get driven back in a tackle, especially not if they keep aiming at the same 1-2 players for an entire set.

umm ... actually I'd like to see the ball hit the chest of Carney, then Graham, then Frawley all in the same tackle :D

we always look far more dangerous when the ball goes out wide ... unfortunately it's more the one out stuff played in the middle 5th that takes up 99% of our plays

btw jedski how did you guys front up at Central this morning :)

jed

First Grade
Bay56 said:
btw jedski how did you guys front up at Central this morning :)
It was a struggle - we arrived back at 7am after a sleepless night, went straight in to work at 7:30, and finished soon after 6pm.

Let's just say, that's the last time I ever get the train down to Melbourne - Qantas for me :p

reptar

Juniors
Jed, I was surprised when you said you were going to do the all-nighter train trip - it's definitely not a pleasant experience! My return flight was okay - a beer, my iPod, the third interstate trip in the space of two weeks.

Bay56

First Grade
reptar said:
Jed, I was surprised when you said you were going to do the all-nighter train trip - it's definitely not a pleasant experience! My return flight was okay - a beer, my iPod, the third interstate trip in the space of two weeks.

We did one better mate ... went out to dinner, slept, woke up in the early hours to watch the socceroos, got up late for breaky, went back to the Lexus Centre to watch the Pies train and pick up some of their merchandise, accepted an invitation from a guy there to have a photo hanging on to one of their many trophys, and caught a plane back to Canberra in the arvo :D

reptar

Juniors
Sounds like a good way to spend a Monday. I have no idea why I decided to fly down, just woke up on Sunday thinking I was bored and wanted to see a footy match. Next time I embark on such an adventure I'll try to arrange to see an AFL game as well (NRL takes precedence, obviously) as I haven't seen one in Melbourne before, but have in Canberra and Sydney.

Bay56

First Grade
reptar said:
Sounds like a good way to spend a Monday. I have no idea why I decided to fly down, just woke up on Sunday thinking I was bored and wanted to see a footy match. Next time I embark on such an adventure I'll try to arrange to see an AFL game as well (NRL takes precedence, obviously) as I haven't seen one in Melbourne before, but have in Canberra and Sydney.

If I could afford to do that every weekend there wouldnt be much to think about ... a professional sports watcher sounds good ... there is a bald headed young guy that follows the Aussie cricket team all around the world that does just that.

Anyway if was good to match another face with a name ... it enabled us to have safety in numbers following the away team :lol: