What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Random Tigers articles from the media

Nutz

Bench
They’ve fixed that, they are only serving low alcohol drinks.
Great strategy. Low alcohol drinks to go with low std footy, that will work.
I'd rather be drunk 🤣
I do miss the long walk to LO wirh hundreds if nutters like me.
If I was single, fit and living in Sydney I wouldn't miss a game.
Oh how I yearn to be at LO or CS when we put on a cricket score like we did against NQ.

Fordy20

Juniors
I would love to see the Nrl step in and put people with brains in charge of this club even if it means moving us to WA. I'd rather a well run WA Tigers then more of the same shit we've had to cop the past 10 years.

Agreed. It feels like every time we get close to building to on field success, the board makes a stupid decision and we're back to square one.

TroyJax

Juniors
Typical. The club wouldn’t have needed a top up from it’s owners Wests Ashfield if the board hadn’t brought back Sheens in the first place.

I find it farcical that the Wests Ashfield directors release this article, threatening that they could withdraw funding if they don’t get to continue to call the shots, when it’s the geniused decisions of those same Wests Ashfield directors that have lead to the club being a clusterf**k for over a decade.

What Tony and his cronies need to realise is that the only reason they have an NRL licence at the moment is because the ARLC haven’t taken it off them yet. This review needs to be more than just window dressing. They need to prove they want to keep the NRL licence and willing to make the changes necessary to be successful.

Sydney is a saturated market and if the current owners don’t want to own an NRL club, there are plenty of other organisations that will step in and take up a licence, just is there are plenty of clubs like the Bulldogs, Roosters, Souths and Parramatta who would be more than happy to add our territory to their junior pathways.
Yes I couldn’t agree more.
Wests Ashfield and the HBG are poison to the operations of Wests Tigers Rugby League Football Club.
These guys have no idea and refuse to acknowledge that their incompetence is the root of all our problems.

Tigerm

Coach

Jahream Bula - Sky's the limit​

Talk about living up to the hype. The Wests Tigers whiz kid looked right at home on the big stage from the minute he strode onto Santos National Football Stadium in Port Moresby for his debut against Cook Islands, racking up 253 run metres and producing two line breaks. The same grace and poise that made him an instant hit in the NRL carried over to the Test arena as Bula then carved out 138 run metres and six tackle breaks in a win over the Kumuls in his second international. If the rugby league world hadn't been put on notice in his 18 games for the Tigers n his rookie NRL season, they well and truly had been now.

Tigerm

Coach
@Tigerm
Yep he's a special player and he's going to cop a lot of media attention.
I hope we don't ruin his career.
I don’t think that will happen, when you hear him talk he is pretty grounded.
He actually wants to play for the club.
He is shining in the worst team in the comp, it hasn’t hurt him so far as he’s playing international footy now, (I don’t think he thought he would, this time last year?) he can only get better as the team improves (and it will).
Bearing in mind, he hasn’t played a full season of NRL yet, he’s still learning.

Tigerm

Coach
I didn’t catch it all, but on 9 4 o’clock news, there was an item about the club and Eaglevale HS, doing some work together, I guess through the pathways program, all sounded positive.
Does anyone know more on this?

Ned Kelly

Juniors

Just finished watching Jackson Hastings on the Bloke in a Bar podcast. Pretty interesting interview.
That was so good. What an awesome guy. Cared for his coach, cares for his team mates whoever they are, cares for the fans.

Tigers go Nah, we don't want him, let some other team deal with him.

How did that work out for us? For the Knights? For him?

Nutz

Bench

How many times have we been searching for our mojo?
Good luck Benji. You were a confident superstar playing the game and if you can have the same success in coaching you will be a legend in that too.

Tigerm

Coach

As much as I like the Brooksy I really don't think there are too many WT supporters with broken hearts.
Well, I know at least one supporter who doesn’t hahaha

Though I don’t wish him bad luck, only when he plays us:)

Nutz

Bench
will he even start in first grade at Manly?
What's the go with 800k telly tubby Josh Shuster, surely them recruiting Brooks means Josh is earmarked as a ball playing lock. I thought Jake Trbojevic had that mantle.
Manly seem to be throwing a lot of cash around.

Nutz

Bench

Sad to hear of this. I hope his mental health is ok.
He was an institution at WT and his sprinkling of the magic dust will be missed.
Thanks for all your enthusiasm, loyalty and love for the Tigers and the Australian Rugby League community as a whole....cheers Ronnie.