What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rank the Brisbane bids

The Fremantle license is owned by the WAFC. The Dockers were founded in the hope that it'd effectively be the merging of South Fremantle and East Fremantle fan-bases behind a new professional club. They created a new brand specifically because it'd be neutral and wouldn't turn off either group.

What you say about the Power is true, however Power has support across Adelaide, that wouldn't be the case if they were the Magpies.

Finally, the Raiders are an extension of the Queanbeyan Blues in all but name, always have been always will be.
I think I'd know as well, considering that I actually lived through it...

If you bring in a QRL team you'll get the Brisbane version of this-
https://www.theroar.com.au/2014/03/26/canberras-nrc-team-will-be-a-red-and-white-failure/
With all due respect to Canberra, it is a regional city with a population of 400,000. The Brisbane metropolitan area has 2,500,000 and the BRL was a far bigger and more prestigious league than the Canberra competition. BRL clubs were supported all over QLD and still have a significant following. You don't know anything about them because you live thousands of kilometres away in the ACT.

What you say about BRL and expansion isn't fact. It's just your opinion. What I say is just my opinion. We're all givinrg our opinion on what we think should be done because we care about the game. The difference is people who have lived in Brisbane all of their lives are in a better position to make a judgement on what will work up here.

The Great Dane

First Grade
Dockers not born out of either south or east or even both mergering - it was new entity. Different to Firehawks being created by easts.
I didn't say they were... You have really bad comprehension...

I notice that you backed right the f**k off the other two, and don't even want to touch the link lol.

So what?

They don't need to associate him with the city for it to be a good brand.
They didn't used to associate Broncos with Brisbane either and that changed pretty quickly.

The whole point of taking him as your logo is that you want a story to sell, and stories are way better if you've never heard them before.

That doesn't answer how you know that crowds at the Dolphins would be higher than in Perth.

Seems to me that Perth's average NRL attendance would be much higher than the Dolphin's QRL attendance, so if you aren't using that as your metric then what are you using?
When Perth were given more than one game a season to attend on separate weekends they averaged 12,000 and 8,000. That is a well known fact. What evidence do you have that Dolphins will average under 8,000?

Pippen94

First Grade
The Fremantle license is owned by the WAFC. The Dockers were founded in the hope that it'd effectively be the merging of South Fremantle and East Fremantle fan-bases behind a new professional club. They created a new brand specifically because it'd be neutral and wouldn't turn off either group.

What you say about the Power is true, however Power has support across Adelaide, that wouldn't be the case if they were the Magpies.

Finally, the Raiders are an extension of the Queanbeyan Blues in all but name, always have been always will be.

https://www.theroar.com.au/2014/03/26/canberras-nrc-team-will-be-a-red-and-white-failure/
id hope they didn’t pay anymore for it!
Problem is it isn’t close to a stadium that is going to draw 20k plus crowds and the corporates they’ll need to compete with big brother. It needs a brand new main stand with dozens of corporate boxes, roofs in the other two stands and even then It’d be hard to get it to 20k plus without building two main stands and you’re looking at $150-200mill for that.

you’d hope Brisbane 2 would get bigger crowds In RL’s most popular city or what’s th point? Lol
You been to Leichhardt oval, Campbell town, Penrith? Looks better & like perfect suburban stadium which could be added to

The Great Dane

First Grade
With all due respect to Canberra, it is a regional city with a population of 400,000. The Brisbane metropolitan area has 2,500,000 and the BRL was a far bigger and more prestigious league than the Canberra competition. BRL clubs were supported all over QLD and still have a significant following. You don't know anything about them because you live thousands of kilometres away in the ACT.

What you say about BRL and expansion isn't fact. It's just your opinion. What I say is just my opinion. We're all givinrg our opinion on what we think should be done because we care about the game. The difference is people who have lived in Brisbane all of their lives are in a better position to make a judgement on what will work up here.
Brisbane RL is just as tribal as sport is in Canberra, to expect that people in Brisbane would have a vastly different reaction to one of their tribal rivals is straight up delusional... Really it's just crazy.

Also I presented more than just opinion... Read the link, learn about the Canberra Vikings 2.0, learn about the backlash, learn from their mistakes.

derrr, we’ve got an nrl ready ground and crowds of 15k to kick us off. All good in the West Lol

View attachment 39029
Liar. You only got 15k when 1 match was held there per year. When the NRL took 2 games there over separate weekends the average dropped to under 13,000, then under 9,000. Play 12 games there a year and the number will be smaller again.

Last edited:

Pippen94

First Grade

Queanbeyan Blues still exist & I can't find any reference to them creating or owning Raiders. License granted to group 19 comp.
I think you went 0 for 3

Perth Red

Post Whore
When Perth were given more than one game a season to attend on separate weekends they averaged 12,000 and 8,000. That is a well known fact. What evidence do you have that Dolphins will average under 8,000?

or you could have cherry picked 2014 when we avg’d 16k a game for the two games lol

over the last ten years we’ve had 12 games for an avg if 15,100. Not including the 39k who turned out for the double header at Optus.

The Great Dane

First Grade

You're the one making the claim, so what evidence do you have that the Dolphins will average over 8k.

BTW, you can't average out a single attendance, and Perth's average for that season would have been 10k, not 8k. Not bad considering that none of the teams participating were from Perth, and they were probably being served shit matches.

@Perth Red, want to give us Perth actual crowd average?

Brisbane RL is just as tribal as sport is in Canberra, to expect that people in Brisbane would have a vastly different reaction to one of their tribal rivals is straight up delusional... Really it's just crazy.

Also I presented more than just opinion... Read the link, learn about the Canberra Vikings 2.0, learn about the backlash, learn from their mistakes.
No, you're speaking shit and deluding yourself into thinking it's fact. Brisbane is a far bigger city, larger population, longer RL history. The population base of each BRL club would be magnitudes greater than any club from Canberra. If you want to know what it would look like, go look back at the old BRL finals. Always sold out or close to it. Donkeys got bugger all fans to their first game against Manly.

Canberra Vikings is irrelevant. Canberra doesn't have a favourite sport. It follows whatever is in fashion, whether that's the Brumbies or Raiders. Brisbane is rugby league heartland and no other sport comes close. Brisbane isn't Canberra.

I support Wynnum Manly. I would be willing to support a Brisbane Diehards team. Another poster on here from Logan said he would follow Redcliffe if they gained admission. That's two examples that go against your theory.

Perth Red

Post Whore
You're the one making the claim, so what evidence do you have that the Dolphins will average over 8k.

BTW, you can't average out a single attendance, and Perth's average for that season would have been 10k, not 8k. Not bad considering that none of the teams participating were from Perth, and they were probably being served shit matches.

15,100 over 12 games in last ten years, not including the 39k double header, the 21,000 test match, the 25,000 for the nines or the 60k origin game.

Perth Red

Post Whore
You been to Leichhardt oval, Campbell town, Penrith? Looks better & like perfect suburban stadium which could be added to

if you’re bringing in a new club, especially one in Brisbane, then you damn sure dont want them playing in a suburban tip,

Redcliffe have easily surpassed that at Dolphin Oval for QUEENSLAND CUP Grand Finals in the early 2000s.

You need to work on your reading comprehension. I never tried to average out a single game, so stop speaking shit just because you want to argue. I referred to seasons when 2 games were played on separate weekends. Look at the stats yourself and see how silly you came across. I think I might put you on ignore. You are an annoying troll and not a very good one. You never provide evidence to back up your claims and you twist people's words around.
https://www.afltables.com/rl/crowds/perth_o_vn.html

Perth Red

Post Whore
Redcliffe have easily surpassed that at Dolphin Oval for QUEENSLAND CUP Grand Finals in the early 2000s.

You need to work on your reading comprehension. I never tried to average out a single game, so stop speaking shit just because you want to argue. I referred to seasons when 2 games were played on separate weekendlpok at the stats yourself and see how silly you came across. I think I might put you on ignore. You are an annoying troll and not a very good one. You never provide evidence to back up your claims and you twist people's words around.

what’s their season avg?

so why didn’t you pick 2014 when we had 2 games that avg’d 16,140?

the year you have cherry picked were rain affected games, one of them was a terrible storm where people,were advised not to leave their homes. we got 11,433 for Souths v storm in heavy rain and 6,258 for manly v warriors in the storm.

Pippen94

First Grade
if you’re bringing in a new club, especially one in Brisbane, then you damn sure dont want them playing in a suburban tip,
If you're bringing in two new Brisbane teams you do - a 3rd side would generate more money for game then Perth ever could

15,100 over 12 games in last ten years, not including the 39k double header, the 21,000 test match, the 25,000 for the nines or the 60k origin game.
Like I said, you only get 15,000 to an NRL game when it's the sole game played there for the season. When more than one game has been played at Perth Oval the average dropped to under 13,000 and under 8,000 in 2017.

The double header was the opening of Perth Stadium. NRL beat the AFL to the punch. Of course it was going to draw a good crowd. It was also a double header. Hold a couple of one off games per season and that number will drop.