What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rap

Tonearm I mentioned Company Flow ;-) but yeah nah those additions are definitly good. Ill Bill's new album is unbelievably good. Production from Premier, Necro and Muggz, features from B-Real, Everlast, Immortal Technique. Tech N9ne, 100% dopeness.

Makaveli's earlier sh*t is amazing, from a writer's perspective. But yeah I could name 30 ats better than him lyrically.

My top 10 albums:

1. Nas - Illmatic
2. Kool G Rap/DJ Polo - Road To Riches
3. Biggie - Ready To Die
4. Canibus - Rip the Jacker
5. Jedi Mind Tricks - Serveants in Heaven, Kings in Hell
6. Wu Tang - 36 Chambers
7. Heltah Skeltah - Nocturnal
8. Ras Kass - Soul On Ice
9. Dr. Dre - 2001
10. Immortal Technique - Revolutionary Volume 1

melbourne_belle

Juniors
Tonearm I mentioned Company Flow ;-) but yeah nah those additions are definitly good. Ill Bill's new album is unbelievably good. Production from Premier, Necro and Muggz, features from B-Real, Everlast, Immortal Technique. Tech N9ne, 100% dopeness.

Makaveli's earlier sh*t is amazing, from a writer's perspective. But yeah I could name 30 ats better than him lyrically.

My top 10 albums:

1. Nas - Illmatic
2. Kool G Rap/DJ Polo - Road To Riches
3. Biggie - Ready To Die
4. Canibus - Rip the Jacker
5. Jedi Mind Tricks - Serveants in Heaven, Kings in Hell
6. Wu Tang - 36 Chambers
7. Heltah Skeltah - Nocturnal
8. Ras Kass - Soul On Ice
9. Dr. Dre - 2001
10. Immortal Technique - Revolutionary Volume 1

Agreed totally. He was a poet basically and wrote awesome stuff, but was lacking lyrically.
In saying that I still loved what he did and will remain a favourite.

My fav all time would have to be easy-e, IMHO killed everyone. I like Dre but he made him look like a b*tch in "real motherf*ckin g's" he was smooth and had the delivery to rip sh*t.

I hardly listen to Rap anymore besides the old stuff, I am not as into as I was when I was younger stealing my older brothers mixtapes and hiphop mags :lol:.
All these "rappers" now are crap and killing hip hop and rap. Yes Lil Wayne I am looking at you.

The Dodger

First Grade
eazy-e had all his lyrics written for him.
with nwa, ice cube wrote his lyrics and dre produced the beats.

you see all the interviews about him boastiing how the eazy-e albums were all him, thats bullshiit.

but i heard because of his pimping, thats how nwa got the cash to make their first album.

melbourne_belle

Juniors
eazy-e had all his lyrics written for him.
with nwa, ice cube wrote his lyrics and dre produced the beats.

you see all the interviews about him boastiing how the eazy-e albums were all him, thats bullshiit.

but i heard because of his pimping, thats how nwa got the cash to make their first album.

I so didn't know that :lol: I still love him though.

dr dre had his written for him too ... the d.o.c and ice cube wrote up 90% of NWA while MC Ren wrote the other 10% ... but that's how it was supposed to be ...

dre does the beats
yella does the mixing
cube does the writing plus rap
ren raps
eazy-e becomes the star and the main attraction

you see that video of them in the studio talking about eazy duz it and cube is talking at length how it's an NWA album because he wrote, dre produced it and eazy rapped ... then eazy talks about how it's all eazy because his name is on it ... cut throat snake

i wouldn't say 'pac lacked lyrically ... 2pacalypse now, strictly 4 my niggaz and me against the world are some of the dopest sh*t you'll find ... he's just not the out and out greatest of all time like alot of knuckleheads make out ...

Last edited:
www.realraptalk.com

it's a forum which has a sh*t load of stuff to download and not just hip hop stuff either ... i get alot of mixtapes off there and obscure stuff you can't really buy out here and out of print work

you'll have to sign up because they have their links hidden until you press this THANKS button or some sh*t ... but that's it, you don't have to post or anything ...

only opinion i really take note of from rapreviews is that steve juon ... i read a review - i think for ghostface's Big Doe Rehab not sure though - where they panned the album as rubbish but gave it 8/10

Last edited:
ianyone heard of "The Brotherhood" ? ... they're a british (i assume english) group from the mid 90's ... i got this joint called "Elementalz" which is DOPE ... if you like that grimey mid 90's east coast sh*t you'll like this ... i'll up some tracks later

That was one of the first ever CD's I bought back in 97. I got it 4 cheap. I ended up selling it back to the CD store cos I thought it was whack. Allthough I was pretty fussy at 16.

God King Dean said:
I dispise rap for the most part, I doubt there's an industry with more wankers. But if it sounds good, I'll listen to it.

I have all of Bone Thugs albums.

As long as you like BTNH then it doesn't matter. They are without doubt the best group to ever do it.

I may as well think of my top ten albums and try and name them. It will be tough though. I think there's a thread on this forum from back in the days where i list my fav 100 hip hop albums of all time in no particular order.

1. Bone Thugs~N~Harmony - E.1999, Eternal
2. Raekwon - Only Built 4 Cuban Linx
3. Dr. Dre - The Chronic
4. 2pac aka Makaveli - The Don Killuminati: 7 Day Theory
5. Nas - Illmatic
6. NWA - Straight Outta Compton
7. Bone Thugs~N~Harmony - The Art Of War
8. Snoop Doggy Dogg - Doggystyle
9. Wu-Tang Clan - 36 Chambers
10. 2Pac - All Eyez On Me

I think. I gotta think about the order some more though.

Some random underrated albums -
Guerilla Maab - Rise
Z-Ro - Look At What You Did To Me
A.Z - Doe Or Die
Celly Cell - Heat 4 Yo Azz,
Do Or Die - Picture This,
Twista - Adrenaline Rush,
T.I. - T.I. Vs T.I.P,
Paul Wall & Chamillionaire - Get Ya Mind Correct,
Chamillionaire - Sound Of Revenge,
Nas - It Was Written,
South Central Cartel - N Gatz We Truss & All Day Everyday,
Cormega - The Realness & The True Meaning,
Devin The Dude - Just Tryin Ta Live,
Dayton Family - FBI
Royce Da 5'9 - Death Is Certain
Redman - Whut Thee Album
Scarface - The Diary
Rappin 4-Tay - Off Parole
Dj Quik - Rhythm-al-ism
Spice 1 - 187 He Wrote
Three 6 Mafia - Chapter 2 World Domination
8ball & MJG - On top of the world
Young Jeezy - Let's get it: Thug Motivation 101
UGK - Ridin Dirty
UGK - Underground Kingz (f**kin sick double album that must be listened to)
Big Pun - Capital Punishment
Krayzie Bone - Thug Mentality 1999
Bizzy Bone - The Gift
Capone N Noreaga - The War report
DMX - It's Dark & Hell is Hot. (actually this is not that underrated but it needs to be mentioned in this thread somewhere)
Fat Pat - Greatest Hits
Jay-Z - American Gangster (pretty cool concept album IMO)

Last edited:

AusKnightRKO

First Grade
prob cause Eazy E started them....... but seriously Tha Crossroads is prob the only rap song ive ever liked..

no DOC in your list Bobby?

He's allready been mentioned in the thread. I thought i'd mention some albums that people may not of heard. But yes "No One Can Do It Better" is a classic.

Bone Thugs popularity stems from their versatility. They've got all bases covered one way or another throughout the 5 members. Not many groups can rap & genuinly sing. Their hooks are amazing, and their rapid fire verses spawned a whole generation of imitators. Just look at the amount of rappers who've tried to copy their style since they debuted. When they collaborated with the Notorious B.I.G, Biggie was absolutely awestruck by them. He was marvelling at their skill. Layzie Bone was drunk as f*ck and jumped in his car and went to sleep. When it was time to record his verse, he was still asleep with his face pressed up against the window. They woke him up, he stumbled out of his car, walked back into the studio, straight into the booth, recorded his verse in ONE take, then walked back out the studio, got in his car, and went back to sleep. The entire Bad Boy camp were stunned. Biggie didn't end up laying his verse until a couple days later. He went home practiced the Bone flow which they had taught him, and recorded his verse later on. Just one example of why Bone are the greatest group ever, but they never get the credit they deserve.

Last edited:

Latest posts