What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rap

I'd go:

Cuban Linx
Liquid Swords
Ironman
Supreme Clientele
36 Chambers Dirty Version
Beneath The Surface (didn't like this album at all when I first got it, but now I love it)
No Said Date
gentleman Please
Bobby Digital in Stereo
Legend Of the Liquid Sword

mongoose

Coach
I really like some rap. Any love for mos def? Black Star and Black on both sides are legendary albums.

Godz Illa

Coach
Dodger... try UN Sounds. An underground store - literally. It's in a tunnel underground between Wynyard and Pitt St. Dude has a lot of stuff there but he takes requests as well.
So I went to UN Sounds yesterday to chase up a few of my orders which were way overdue, and the store has vanished. Completely bare and gutted. Another hip hop niche store bites the dust

Danger

Juniors
interesting, i might have another listen to raekwon's album again, its been a while.

where can you get documentaries from?

i tried through torrent sites but nothing

i know there used to be a store in the city, soul sense and anthem records on george street, but there no longer there anymore.
there was also one at bankstown but that moved too.

Soul Clap records in Surry Hills is pretty good... Its just off Devonshire St, up near the Gaelic club.

Godz Illa

Coach
Percolating atm:

People Under The Stairs - Fun DMC
Q-Tip - The Renaissance

and Kanye's "Kid A". Confounding but endearing

hey tonearm, in the site www.rapreviews.com, whats the difference between "the nines" and the normal "reviews"?

edit: and "back to the lab" for that matter?

nines are just albums that scored 9/10 or higher

back to the lab are those under revision because before being a website they were done from their magazine "Headz Up" from what i can gather ... hence some of the older albums have a "original headz up score" which is out of 6 ... i think they are up for debate type reviews, like all eyez on me being 5/10 which is 110% spot on

Danger

Juniors
cheers tonearm.

anyone ever heard of freestyle fellowship?

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=SVhPJUgHcQE

great song, the album version is way different to the video version.

Yeah, there not to bad... Haven't got any of there albums though.

My favourite two albums of all time would have to be A Tribe Called Quest - Midnight Marauders & Black Moon - Enta Da Stage.. Classic albums, try get your hands on em.

I used to buy alot of sh*t through Amazon, you can get pretty much anything there, i even got a copy of Showbiz & AG's soul clap before it was re-issued... I still get stuff from Amazon, but not as often as i usually just download everything.