What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Raptors looking good

weasel

First Grade
Great start to the season for the raptors. It's been a tough few years and no one's expecting much from us this season so we've got a lot to play for. Bosh is turning into a real good player.

What a great start for the Phoenix Suns as well. 3-0 but it has been the manner of there wins. Stoudemire and Nash firing. Marion being consistently good again. Quentin Richardsons numbers haven't bben good especially his shooting % but he has contributed. The bench are all scoring and playing there part Voshkul, Barbosa. Bo Outlaqw will be back very shortly as well. A promising start for the Suns. A good season could be on the cards.

weasel

First Grade
Yeah the suns are very good. They were big flops last season which was odd with the talent on their roster but Nash has revitalised them. All three of their wins have been in a canter.

This is the best start ever for the Raptors. All the other sides in the Atlantic division are shaping up for long seasons- NJ are not the same side they were, and with Kidd on the sidelines they are gonna be struggling for a while; Philly are too unpredictable; New York will have their typical season of being world beaters one week of each month and mediocre at best the other three; and Boston will most likely be crap. The Raps bench is actually reasonably deep. Winning the division is a big possibility, although there's still daylight between us and Indiana, Detroit and Miami.

Yeah the Raps are trying to go with a bigger role for the bench this year. Donyell marshall has adapted to coming off the bench, and Lamond Murray is starting to show flashes of the scorer he used to be. He got buried on Kevin O'Neill's bench but looks to be coming back. A new big man named Matt Bonner, who played in Europ last year, showed some good moves today too.

LaCuna Coil

Juniors
They got beaten today, still been impressive this season. I think the most positive change for the Raptors this season has been in the coaching, with their new style of play suiting the main players they currently have (Carter, Bosh etc)

We don't talk about the losses, LaCuna, only the wins.

Just kidding, you're right about the coaching and style of play. Plus it's more fun to watch. As I write, the Dinos trail the Jazz by 6 in the 3rd.

weasel

First Grade
And we got the win, ending the Jazz's unbeaten start to the season. Everyone was talking up Utah as the form team of the NBA so topping them has got us back on track after the poor performance against the Kings. We've already beaten some damn good sides so the pressure is on to keep performing, we'll now be expected to win against most of the sides in the eastern conference.

The score was 104-95. Another big game from Chris Bosh (20 points, 7 boards). Vince was solid with 16 points and 5 assists, and there were good contributions from all the other starters.

thewizard1o1

Juniors
Grean win by the Raptors, been playing great basketball...

Suns now have a real point guard, the trade with NY last season left them with Barbosa at PG. Now with Nash running the show and Qrich's added fire power the suns will be a challenge to all teams. Lack of quality on the inside (apart from amare may hurt them against teams like the Heat and Spurs). All in all i think the trade last season was a huge success for them.

Marbury for Nash and Qrick, looks the goods.

Interesting that VC and Rose sat for the 4th quarter. Coach Mitchell said post-game he didn't plan it but the 2nd unit was doing so well he let them finish the game. Some big plays by Bosh, Woods and Rafer down the stretch.

LaCuna Coil

Juniors
Loren Woods has been a minor revelation for the Raps' this season. I say minor, because he was fairly highly rated coming out of college... from what I read of that years draft, he was left to fall to the 2nd round for Minnesota as a "gentleman's agreement" due to the fact that they lost their 1st round pick because of the Joe Smith debacle. I don't know how accurate that is, but it's what I read at the time. Things are looking good for them, though I have a soft spot for Utah :cry:

thewizard1o1

Juniors
Woods had alot of hype comming up to the draft...and you could well be right but i though there was a little weed related problem or too that was invloved. He is starting to live up to it now...

LaCuna Coil

Juniors
That's always the story with players these days. Qyntel Woods is another (continuing) case. It's a shame, I can't comprehend how people with so much ability and potential can throw it away for the sake of getting stoned with their friends.

thewizard1o1

Juniors
Woods would do well to get away from the Jailblazers...he that far down the pine he needs a telescope to see the coach.

Raps have lost 2 close ones in a row, to Sonics and Blazers. Against Seattle coach Mitchell benched Rose in the 4th period, they came from behind only for VC to miss a drive in the last second. He was probably fouled but no call. Tonight VC was benched in the 4th for ineffective play, Rose caught fire in the 4th and they just missed winning it on a Lamond Murray 3-pointer that came jusy after the buzzer.

I'm starting to think Vince should be traded for someone who can help them keep their running style of play going. But he plays so poorly sometimes that it'll be hard to trade him and get somebody good. Ray Allen completely outplayed him in their game. I can't imagine the Sonics trading ray for VC after seeing them go head to head.

thewizard1o1

Juniors
Allen has been huge this season for the sonics...i'm still having nightmares about the 30 he dropped on Denver about a week ago.

LaCuna Coil

Juniors
It's a contract year for him I believe. So if he wants that maximum deal he'll inevitably going to ask for he's going to have to play above himself.

As far as VC goes, who could they get for him? The list gets shorter after every game pretty much.

pug306

Juniors
Just had a look at Carter's Stats, they are horrible for this year
38.1% from the field, 14.3ppg, 3.7boards, 4assists

with his huge contract the Raptors won't get squat for him.

Rafer Alston has lived up to his contract though for for Toronto
15.9ppg @ 48.2% & 6assists
thats some nice stats for a former 2nd round pick..............

Latest posts