What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd 17 v Knights

Coast panther

Juniors
Pretty happy with that win, good to see the depth players step up even garner had a few nice touches tonight.
Luke offers nothing really to the team ATM besides giving Kenny as break, even when getting out of dummy half he rarely gives forwards running onto the ball the advantage seems to give the ball to late or to early and stunts our momentum, not sure if peachy is the answer or not but salmon has done his job and deserves his bench spot for the time being

Munky

Coach
Peach played really well which was a surprise. That said Gagai had one of the worst games I've ever seen. The bloke is a meme for his QLD/club switch. Has obviously stopped caring now that Slater has given him the flick.

Kenny actually looks a mediocre first grade hooker. Which is good enough, genuinely surprised by his improvement.

Luke is a big worry for me. His attack is currently terrible but his contact in defence is non existent. We lose the middle the moment he comes on. NAS will be looking forward to the coming match up.

martielang

Bench
The criticism of Peach has always been well overblown. He’ll do a job for us if required in the semis, it may include an error or two but also adds some unpredictability to our attack. Defensively I think he’s actually improved. Happy to see him have a cracker too, loves the club and area and seems to be well liked within.

Tago showed his quality. Been waiting a while for a game like that but was unplayable last night.

Huth, Salmondo, Hosking, Smith etc have all really stood up.

Take aways - I only saw the replay this morning.

Salmon - much better half player than second row player as far as positional play, does a job there and what underrated cover to have. I thought Ivan was bonkers last week for picking him there but now Salmons game during the bye at 5’8 in reserves a few weeks ago seems like a masterstroke. He has instantly gone from maybe drop him from bench to keep him there, 100% keen to see if Panthers fans who were 50/50 feel the same way.

Cogger - great game, controlled the tempo and line of attack well. Re-sign him, get runs at dummyhalf in his legs on the board and give him a crack at 14 once Cleary returns. Defence to be able to play hooker for 40mins might need cleaning up but I’m sure he can do it. As I’ve said a few times already, awesome squad player.

Leota/Fish/Smith - 1,2,3 punch combo. It’s working a treat and I’ve read a stat that Lindsey Smith is playing more minutes than Moses and James, great reward for a bloke who toils hard and has a go each minute he is on the field. Definitely 3rd choice prop now seeing Spencer is off to Bondi next season. I dare say though him, Garner and Hosking need to change their hair styles to better differentiate them haha.

Hosking - just a machine. He won’t be spoken of as buy of the season but to Panthers and their fans he is exactly that. Does all the shit grit work, just doesn’t stop, absolute workhorse. What a pick up and consistently one of Panthers best when on the field - he is the Panthers most underrated player.

Peach - played well. Give him his props, can’t just bash him when he does something rocks and then go quiet when he does something diamonds. Blokes always had that in his game but he is more diamonds this season than rocks, valuable squad player and I feel like he is good to have around the sheds. Brings that unquantifiable aspect to footy that lifts the lads, call it energy or just being a likeable bloke - whatever it is the Penrith players feed off it and that’s only a positive thing.

Tago - he is playing phenomenal footy since returning from injury and hasn’t yet had a proper consistent run with the top 17 around him. Can’t wait to see them all together again as Panthers push towards finals. Tago just has some skills sets that don’t necessarily make highlight reels week in week out but it’s skills sets that set other players up to have those highlight reels.

Good win - good faith in Ivan to believe this 17 could take that close game loss last week and get it done this week. Those lads would’ve been burning, now coupled with the Origin lads burning from the SOO loss last week - this is eerily similar to last season. Hope that burns the flame like last season to show the rest of the comp and keyboard warriors just what this sides about.

WestyLife

First Grade
Call it rocks and diamonds call it inconsistent whatever the last two weeks is classic peachey. He can look amazing or trash. That tends to worry people for finals vs good teams.

Munky

Coach
On Tago, I actually think of the three gun centres we've had since 2020 he is the best proponent of Pantherball.

He's so good coming out our end. Critter jogs to the line and Burton was never that sort of player.

Looked good on the right in defence too, which is excellent since right centre is the target of most set plays.

WestyLife

First Grade
On Tago, I actually think of the three gun centres we've had since 2020 he is the best proponent of Pantherball.

He's so good coming out our end. Critter jogs to the line and Burton was never that sort of player.

Looked good on the right in defence too, which is excellent since right centre is the target of most set plays.

Murdered ponga with a beautiful read and tackle.

Iamback

Coach
Call it rocks and diamonds call it inconsistent whatever the last two weeks is classic peachey. He can look amazing or trash. That tends to worry people for finals vs good teams.

He owned Manu a few weeks ago, I think it is attitude. He knows he has to have a big one for the good teams.

Still I don't think he is an 80 min players, Bench spot if injuries occur

Iamback

Coach
Alice you know nothing. You cant argue with the know it alls on here, they will after you hard, with the stats to back up there opinions,

f**k you are a petty little man.

And then you response with some reason why you think you do.

It is called a discussion

Iamback

Coach
No, it's called a diatribe which you always launch against anyone that questions your supreme judgement. And then you claim it's a discussion. You are the biggest wanker on these boards.

Ah another old prick who thinks he can read minds. People need to actually read what is being written rather then just thinking that know someone's thoughts

Where have I ever said someone's point of view was wrong?

I use data and logic to form my opinion, When replying I will ask plenty of questions to get the opposing person's reasoning. As I can miss stuff or Stats don't pick it up

If people want to read to much into that, There is an ignore button

kinghippo

Juniors
The criticism of Peach has always been well overblown. He’ll do a job for us if required in the semis, it may include an error or two but also adds some unpredictability to our attack. Defensively I think he’s actually improved. Happy to see him have a cracker too, loves the club and area and seems to be well liked within.

Tago showed his quality. Been waiting a while for a game like that but was unplayable last night.

Huth, Salmondo, Hosking, Smith etc have all really stood up.
I think a lot of the peach criticism comes from concerns over loosing Crichton and the unknown replacement next year.

I have always loved peachy but I also find it uncomfortable not knowing a succession plan for the centres.
I know that sounds kind of stupid, next year is a long way away and Ivan continues to come up with the goods, but it just kind of lingers in the background.
Obviously for a few people peachy, Kenny and Soni are the pieces of the puzzle that don’t feel quite right.

I spend a fair bit of time thinking about our team, and the reason I post here is to voice my thoughts and concerns to be people who have may have an understanding.

I don’t need validation, and I don’t really like the bickering, but I get it, we are passionate about the Panthers and that’s why we are here, we all have different itches to scratch lol.

Latest posts