What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd 21 v Bulldogs

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
Why are you so concerned with his age? Who cares how old he is.

It’s just as much about the team being able to play at his tempo. He’s a very busy hooker, he uses his energy to get teams moving forward, it’s aggressive and different to what they are use to.

Stop dwelling on what you see as issues. He’s a first year NRL hooker, plain and simple.
Exactly.

We don't win yesterday without him.

Chins : I believe perhaps the Clearys and Luke live rent free inside your head.

This stops you from seeing what is right in front of you.

maple_69

Bench
Luke has been disappointing the last few months but he was great with limited minutes yesterday. Changed the pace of the game and we looked a lot more dangerous off the back of it. I’m not sure how much more a Hosking adds vs 15 mins of Luke though. No one is taking Martin off in a big game so you’re really just putting a workhorse edge forward on for Sorro for 15 mins. Salmon/Peach can do it fine.

Keen to see Cogger this week though for the Cleary cover and just to see what he can add in that role. I don’t think there’s a clear answer at the moment.

Munky

Coach
Luke got very lucky on the match winning try.

He went out from dummy half on the last with no support. Eiso (IIRC) pushed up, got the ball and managed to push the offload which led to Jenkins going over.

It was a botched last tackle option that luckily got a try.

Soni needs to think pass first then run. He wastes so much time in the ruck which may be the adjustment to NRL speed. His upper body also looks a bit small for middle defence and I imagine the club has a plan to bulk him up in the off season given he is here next year.

Chins get the wins

First Grade
Luke got very lucky on the match winning try.

He went out from dummy half on the last with no support. Eiso (IIRC) pushed up, got the ball and managed to push the offload which led to Jenkins going over.

It was a botched last tackle option that luckily got a try.

Soni needs to think pass first then run. He wastes so much time in the ruck which may be the adjustment to NRL speed. His upper body also looks a bit small for middle defence and I imagine the club has a plan to bulk him up in the off season given he is here next year.
Currently watching the game for a third time to see this brilliance I've missed.

Chins get the wins

First Grade
Currently watching the game for a third time to see this brilliance I've missed.
Ok all finished. Luke's best game in a while but he didn't win it. The change was our gun starting props coming back on.
Still a waste of a bench spot to play a hooker for 12 mins.

Edit. The best part of Luke's game was not doing that stupid play where he picks it up the walks back a few steps, then looks to play.

Iamback

Coach
Luke has been disappointing the last few months but he was great with limited minutes yesterday. Changed the pace of the game and we looked a lot more dangerous off the back of it. I’m not sure how much more a Hosking adds vs 15 mins of Luke though. No one is taking Martin off in a big game so you’re really just putting a workhorse edge forward on for Sorro for 15 mins. Salmon/Peach can do it fine.

Keen to see Cogger this week though for the Cleary cover and just to see what he can add in that role. I don’t think there’s a clear answer at the moment.

2 games ago. Sorro did something to his neck and couldn't finish the game.

stuff like that is why you need Hosking on the bench

Luke Bowden

First Grade
Peachey has played centre almost the whole year.

Not sure he can cover 9 like Peachey has
Salmon can play 9 better than Peach.

If it happens early in the game, you’d just move Tago into the back row play Salmon in the centres.

I don’t know, I just really like what Salmon brings when he comes on and I’m always a bit surprised when I see the negativity towards him. He’s pretty good and every position his put in, which at the NRL is really bloody impressive.

WestyLife

First Grade

If it happens early in the game, you’d just move Tago into the back row play Salmon in the centres.

I don’t know, I just really like what Salmon brings when he comes on and I’m always a bit surprised when I see the negativity towards him. He’s pretty good and every position his put in, which at the NRL is really bloody impressive.

Salmon is a good one.

Iamback

Coach

He hasn't played 9 to judge that or not. When we start resting maybe we see it but our bench impact has been the concern. So the extra speed Peachey brings so far has him ahead

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
He hasn't played 9 to judge that or not. When we start resting maybe we see it but our bench impact has been the concern. So the extra speed Peachey brings so far has him ahead

I agree the Peach hasn't let anyone down in the games he's played in 1st grade. Sometimes a player just suits a club, and it's structure.....that's Peach.

I think (with no real knowledge) that Cleary will rest players towards the finals who have carried the biggest burden during the year. Salmon, Kenny, Scotty too hotty, Edwards, Suniva, Tago during the next few games. As a freshen up.

I think (again without knowledge) that especially Edwards and Kenny will benefit from this. The Edwards one is a big call. Just when this will happen I have no idea.

Luke Bowden

First Grade
He’s played hooker coming through the grades and has done reps at hooker during training sessions over the passed two seasons. For this very reason.

Chins get the wins

First Grade
This weeks bench will be very interesting Peachey has surely earned that spot over Luke

Chins get the wins

First Grade
I agree the Peach hasn't let anyone down in the games he's played in 1st grade. Sometimes a player just suits a club, and it's structure.....that's Peach.

I think (with no real knowledge) that Cleary will rest players towards the finals who have carried the biggest burden during the year. Salmon, Kenny, Scotty too hotty, Edwards, Suniva, Tago during the next few games. As a freshen up.

I think (again without knowledge) that especially Edwards and Kenny will benefit from this. The Edwards one is a big call. Just when this will happen I have no idea.
Edwards is never going to play rep football but is a real chance at the Dally M. Ivan would be a prick to rest him