What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd 21 v Bulldogs

WestyLife

First Grade
Look at what he achieves when on the field, rather than just he mins he plays. Last weekend straightened the attack, provided spark which caused the last 2 tries which won the game, plus at least one try assist.

I wish he'd at least run less. Surely that's not unreasonable. Sometimes crisp service would be nice.

Funny thing is Kenny rarely runs but seems to be working hard on the passing. We need something between the two.

betcats

Referee
Kenny should be able to take the easy chances to run, in a normal game for us there would be at least 2 or 3 opportunities for him with no markers, just take the easy 15m and that would be enough.

WestyLife

First Grade
Kenny should be able to take the easy chances to run, in a normal game for us there would be at least 2 or 3 opportunities for him with no markers, just take the easy 15m and that would be enough.

I have a lot of forgiveness for Kenny considering how far he's already come. Honestly his service is perfectly fine. A few more runs like you say would be great. With how durable he seems to be he might just keep other options out throug sheer force of will.

Luke Bowden

First Grade
Since his stint in NSW Cup

15 mins v Knights
Didn't play v Storm
12 mins on the weekend

Hardly proves the doubters wrong

It’s not about proving clueless fans wrong.

It’s about following a plan given to him by the coaching staff. He’ll be doing what’s asked of him at training and in the games.

Mitch Kenny playing so well is just buying the club more time.

Luke Bowden

First Grade
We are noticeably worse with him at hooker
He came on, we wrestled back momentum, scored two tries and won the game. Which was clearly what Ivan had planned.

Your trouble is you only see what you want to see. You don’t seem interested in the bigger picture.

You’ll come around eventually, or I’ll take another Jersey off you… one of the two.
Hahaha

Chins get the wins

First Grade
He came on, we wrestled back momentum, scored two tries and won the game. Which was clearly what Ivan had planned.

Your trouble is you only see what you want to see. You don’t seem interested in the bigger picture.

You’ll come around eventually, or I’ll take another Jersey off you… one of the two.
Hahaha
No I'm the first to admit when wrong. Kenny is currently proving me wrong. Soni Luke on the other hand I've nailed.

Luke Bowden

First Grade
No I'm the first to admit when wrong. Kenny is currently proving me wrong. Soni Luke on the other hand I've nailed.
What exactly have you “Nailed”?? You were just as wrong about Kenny, Luai and more recently Milky.

The club have a pretty clear plan in regards to Soni, they are obviously happy with where he’s at and they’ll continue to develop him.

It’s not rocket Science, it’s pretty simple to see what the plan is.

Chins get the wins

First Grade
What exactly have you “Nailed”?? You were just as wrong about Kenny, Luai and more recently Milky.

The club have a pretty clear plan in regards to Soni, they are obviously happy with where he’s at and they’ll continue to develop him.

It’s not rocket Science, it’s pretty simple to see what the plan is.
You act like he's 19. By this point he should be playing more minutes than Kenny

Chins get the wins

First Grade
Take his age out of it. When did Luke make his debut ?

Luke is an impact player against tiring forwards late in the game. His body and previous injuries make him unsuitable for long minutes.

That would NOT be sensible use of him and his skillset.
That's a total waste of a bench spot in the modern game.
The reason Kenny is such a good 14 is because he can genuinely defend well in the middle and hold his own at prop. ( Ivan often gets the rotation wrong but thats another story)

Luke Bowden

First Grade
You act like he's 19. By this point he should be playing more minutes than Kenny
Why are you so concerned with his age? Who cares how old he is.

It’s just as much about the team being able to play at his tempo. He’s a very busy hooker, he uses his energy to get teams moving forward, it’s aggressive and different to what they are use to.

Stop dwelling on what you see as issues. He’s a first year NRL hooker, plain and simple.

Latest posts