What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd.3 v Broncos

Panther_Platz

Juniors
The referees where terrible last night both ways.But seriously how could Kenny get that try .That was classic double movement any day arm promoted forward body not crossing the line .Just hope a decision like that does not cost a team a game
I certainly looked at it at the time and thought:
1. There's no way they will give that (how naive of me).
2. I'd be spewing if a try like that was awarded against us.

WestyLife

First Grade
Maybe focus on the fact there were 20,000 people at the game tonight on what was a rather cold Thursday night.

Again if you want to find negatives, that’s your choice.

My wife and I had dinner before the game at Marcel Restaurant at the Pullman before the game. From our window seat I made the comment to the wife everyone, adults and children were all adorning Panthers guernseys, carrying flags.

This club, this team has done the unthinkable for the District of Penrith. It is a joy to see and be a part of.

Grubby facials, Dylan missing a tackle that results in a try is that where our focus should be.

I watch and wonder where we are today, we are truly spoiled rotten when we find such we find such inconsequential things to complain about.

Maybe stop tone policing the forum.

For the discussion in general the face massage was before the jersey grab. Bad discipline can't be allowed to creep in.

soc123_au

Staff member
Really enjoyed the offloading last night. We are pretty good at it, who knew? Good to see Ivan mixing things up.

Nath in the first half was just poetry with some of those moves. The work on the Tago try bought a tear to my eye, it was beautiful.

Thought we missed Fish early, but that isn't a slight on the rest of the pack, they all did very well. Fish just brings that bit extra as you'd expect.

Would have loved the 50, but you cant have everything.

hindy111

Post Whore
I think the game is hard to gauge because Brisbane did have their best 3 players missing which was a shame. It would of been a blockbuster and a better test for everyone.
Trying to be neutral in my assessment. Cleary was obviously miles above anyone on the field. A master-class.
Had Tago passed its 40-2 and Penrith getting the ball back.I think with close to 20 to go Broncos would of fallen apart and 50 or 60 gets scored. To give Brisbane credit they fought till the end and played a great final 20.

Eisenhuth had a great game. Don't understand the criticism towards him. Tago and May have overtaken To'o as the more powerfull backs. Too is still a beast. If a junior forces his way into the side Turuva will be the guy who makes way.

Martin dropped a few balls that he shouldn't have. And I think maybe a bit kick happy close to their line early in game.
Edwards made lots of meters but I can't think of a run that was really damaging.I agree his forms a little down which isn't an issue in rnd 3.

I'd say the only concern was Brisbane cut them up a few times far to easily. Maybe clocked off. The one thing I reckon need is some punch off the bench. All the bench forwards seem more like workers.Spencer was perfect but need to find someone who can play 20min with some grunt. Maybe I've not seen enough of the new guy.

betcats

Referee
Don’t mind having danie there if cleary,Luai and edwards go down you can chuck him straight.

It’s either going to be danie in that spot or a hooker or peach and with Kenny getting through 80 with ease atm I don’t mind it, only concern is if Mitch goes down what do we do?

Hooked

Juniors
Ivan's use of Laurie as a 14 in these 2 games has been borderline incompetent. Needs to have a good hard think about this

He did the same with Luai off the bench when we had Maloney/Cleary combo a few years back. Junk minutes and not much use.
It was evident; when a back in May came off and he didn't go to Laurie. The game was over by then.What is the point of being there?

Unless they can cover hooker, or are needed as injury/Origin cover in the halves. Like Coggar was. Halves off the bench don't work for us.

Melbourne have had good success in the past with backs off the bench for impact. Paps and Hynes. The way they were used should be looked at.

snickers007

Juniors
It was evident; when a back in May came off and he didn't go to Laurie. The game was over by then.What is the point of being there?

What's worse is that he put Larry Smith out on that edge, and shifted Garner to Centre - and while Garner can defend in that position, Smith cannot.
He got burnt in the GF defending out of position. He got burnt last week when Ivan put him on the same edge. And he got burnt last night as well. I thought he had a great game last night starting, and playing in the middle - but he's not an edge.

Speaking of our edges, I really think we need to manage our rotation a bit better. I don't think Liam Martin's fitness is quite where it needs to be to be playing 80mins at the moment. His discipline dropped off a cliff last night when he got gassed - at least 2 dropped balls, and rushing up and in but not completing the tackle which led to line breaks and tries.

For this first part of the season I'd be giving our 3 edge players a fairly even mix of minutes.
Start Martin & Sorenson. Martin off at 30, back on at 55-60 for Sorenson. Garner to plug the gaps.
Come rep season, Garner will need to play 65-80mins a game, so he needs the KMs in his legs and lungs.

snickers007

Juniors
Also, just watched both pressers.
Respect to Walters for not losing his mind over the Walsh/May collision.

Plenty of coaches *cough* Sticky and Robbo *cough* would have completely derailed things, and shifted the blame of the loss to that one incident.

Both Walters and Carrigan both acknowledged that these things happen, and they need to be better at adapting and covering mid game.

PennyPanthers81

Juniors
Even thats a bit much for mine. Penalty sure but there was very little in that.
Yeah I thought that was harsh too. At least it's only monetary, won't miss any game time. We will need him if Fish is still out next week.

Did anyone see in the sheds after the game, Tago said, "This one's for Fish"? Apparently he's back home with some family stuff. Best wishes to him.

WestyLife

First Grade
No one dislikes Eisenhuth. It was just suggested the role could've been used for development purposes since Fish will only be out short term. If fish was out long term it was agreed we'd all want Eisenhuth for his experience.

Latest posts