What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd.3 v Broncos

snickers007

Juniors
Can we get some love for Mitch Kenny showing his running game last night?
4 runs, 1 (dubious) try. He even put in a little grubber close to the line. And while the kick didn't pay off, it was no worse than some of Luai's kicks.
Also some very nice trickery in his passing game - big dummy one way, pass the other.

Is it too early to say that by the end of the year Mitch Kenny will be a better player than both Api AND Soni? :p

mxlegend99

Referee
4 runs, 1 (dubious) try. He even put in a little grubber close to the line. And while the kick didn't pay off, it was no worse than some of Luai's kicks.
Also some very nice trickery in his passing game - big dummy one way, pass the other.

Is it too early to say that by the end of the year Mitch Kenny will be a better player than both Api AND Soni? :p
Kennys kick was f**king terrible and he should be banned from kicking. That was a momentum changer.

Other than that he was fantastic. His try was not a try. But the Broncos almost deserved to have it awarded for letting him fool them with that dummy. Kenny is really playing above his plodder level talent. All heart and thats why he belongs in the team.

soc123_au

Staff member
Kenny try should have been disallowed based on what we usually see. In saying that if that is the new interpretation I’m fine with it. VR should only be able to check at normal speed, no slomo. Sutton was in good position and had no doubt it was fine

and yeah, the bloke is worth every cent he gets. He’s never going to have the skills of the elite hookers, but he tries his guts out and constantly improves

maple_69

Bench
He doesn't have the skills but he's got the smarts and we all know he's got the heart, guts and drive. The guy is best mates with Nathan so it kinda makes sense that he'd have that kind of student of the game attitude. His feints and dummys are becoming really effective. His fundamentals are now great, clean service and dominant defence. He's improved and added to his game pretty much every year he's been in the NRL. Who knows where he ends up but with Api, Cook almost done, I don't think it's crazy to suggest he might end up ahead of Robson/Brailey for the Blues gig.

Pomoz

Bench
He'll never get picked for NSW because he is tough, uncompromising and hard as nails. NSW loves fancy Dan's. Flash is good.

Last night he tore into the Bronco’s forwards like he resented them breathing the same air as him.

What I loved seeing was Smith and Henry getting proper stuck in. The mongrel in Martin, Leota and Kenny seemed to rub off on them. Our team is fierce and full of warriors. Big Eisenhuth almost got angry, but thought better of it. Every where you look in the team, there are tough competitors unwilling to take a backwards step.

My St George loving mate played a lot of football for the Dragons juniors and said "feck, they were awesome. I think you are a strong chance of number four". Plenty of the season to go yet, but I think he is right.

WestyLife

First Grade
He'll never get picked for NSW because he is tough, uncompromising and hard as nails. NSW loves fancy Dan's. Flash is good.

Last night he tore into the Bronco’s forwards like he resented them breathing the same air as him.

What I loved seeing was Smith and Henry getting proper stuck in. The mongrel in Martin, Leota and Kenny seemed to rub off on them. Our team is fierce and full of warriors. Big Eisenhuth almost got angry, but thought better of it. Every where you look in the team, there are tough competitors unwilling to take a backwards step.

My St George loving mate played a lot of football for the Dragons juniors and said "feck, they were awesome. I think you are a strong chance of number four". Plenty of the season to go yet, but I think he is right.

This is why qld keep winning origin at the moment but nsw keep missing the point.

#mitchfororigin2025

Also, just watched both pressers.
Respect to Walters for not losing his mind over the Walsh/May collision.

Plenty of coaches *cough* Sticky and Robbo *cough* would have completely derailed things, and shifted the blame of the loss to that one incident.

Both Walters and Carrigan both acknowledged that these things happen, and they need to be better at adapting and covering mid game.

Unfortunately, that didn’t last long…….