What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd.5 v SeaEagles

Pjf04b

Juniors
Todd Smith has definitely been referee for more than two games or I have phantom memories.

Like he's a running joke in the main forum.
He has reffed every round this year. I thing the NRL sites has them around the wrong way - 57 ref and 2 tj!

Crashtest

Juniors
He did add some speed but he also got trampled by the Manly forwards.

I thought Laurie did well defending in the middle, from memory I don’t think he even missed a tackle. It was Martin that got trampled a couple of times.

Laurie showed yesterday that if he gets games at five eight replacing Luai, he won’t be a defensive liability.

Iamback

Coach
I thought Laurie did well defending in the middle, from memory I don’t think he even missed a tackle. It was Martin that got trampled a couple of times.

Laurie showed yesterday that if he gets games at five eight replacing Luai, he won’t be a defensive liability.

Martin's effort the set after they scored helped them go back to back

Fangs

Coach

He did well enough against big forwards. Only fell off one tackle from memory.

Aloiai put a target on him and he held on as much as he could. He is giving up a lot of weight to those kind of forwards and won't win many contests.

No problems with him as a 6 because he showed he could defend there when he was at the Tigers.

Kilkenny

Coach
Anyone who says they saw Edwards as a future Panther great in early 2019 needs to see a doctor for a refresh of their medication.
I reviewed my direct posts about Dylan Edwards in 2019 and as you rightly Point out he was dropped due to form and lack of confidence early that season.

He forced his way back into the NRL side off the back of strong NSW Cup and once back in the side he performances improved, have continued to improve to a level where he is at currently.

Your partly right in so much as I didn’t find anyone suggesting he was likely to be a future immortal, but there were a few, myself included who saw the makings of a very, very good player.

You yourself gave him a huge wrap, MOM, for one of his outstanding games towards the latter part of that season.

Kilkenny

Coach
The critical knock on try was obviously a huge momentum shift in the game. At that point I couldn’t help but think it was not going to be our day.

once the Sea Eagles got the momentum, it just wasn’t possible to wrestle momentum back of the back of the 11-3 penalty count against us, many of which got the Sea Eagles out of there own end.

The games stats in insulation are interesting in so much as despite the loss, we did well in most areas.

Chins get the wins

First Grade
The critical knock on try was obviously a huge momentum shift in the game. At that point I couldn’t help but think it was not going to be our day.

once the Sea Eagles got the momentum, it just wasn’t possible to wrestle momentum back of the back of the 11-3 penalty count against us, many of which got the Sea Eagles out of there own end.

The games stats in insulation are interesting in so much as despite the loss, we did well in most areas.
Was a dud call but I think Luai kicking it dead on that break hurt us even more

WestyLife

First Grade
Up 6-0. We kick possession away on the 1st. So many dumb plays it is hard to pinpoint 1

Best to forget it ever happened.

giphy.gif

Iamback

Coach

If you look at their tries there were 2-3 that were lucky bounces. All in all for how poor we played we weren't blown away

We weren’t good enough, basically never looked likely after the 20 minute mark.

Bye has probably come at a good time, reset for a must win against the Wests Tigers.
I thought at 14-12 we had the momentum. We gave away that 7 tackle set and the matched down and scored, and then scored again off the set of the kick-off.

We didn’t play well and we lost. That is sport. We should be thankful that there are so few weeks like yesterday when the team doesn’t seem to be switched on mentally.

Kilkenny

Coach
To coach Cleary’s credit he didn’t use the appalling call off the back of a clear knock on as an excuse.

I said previously that is called a knock on 999 times out of a thousand. I take it back after having watched it again, it’s actually 9,999 times out of 10,000.

Even allowing for there ‘must be compelling evidence’ to overturn the on field decision Grant Atkins in the bunker needs to give himself an uppercut.