What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd10 2024: 8pm Eels v Broncos GAME DAY THREAD @ Commbank 10th May

Suitman

Post Whore
Mate I reckon as a fullback with the individual brillance to change a game, he is not even in the top 10.
But as a defensive fullback he is in the top 2 or 3 and as a fullback who can chime into the line and ball play, he is probably close to one of the top 3 or 4.
It's a balance.
I'm not denying that.
He's also a great leader.
He's just not a game winner.
He's getting older and slower.
We need someone more dynamic at the back.
I'd be happy for him to move to the centres, but a 9 he is not.

King-Gutho94

Coach
I'm not denying that.
He's also a great leader.
He's just not a game winner.
He's getting older and slower.
We need someone more dynamic at the back.
I'd be happy for him to move to the centres, but a 9 he is not.
It's tragic but I don't where Gutho fits in next year right now.

Lomax isn't taking a pay cut to play for Parra on the wing which he had the shits about under Flanagan.

He is either going to be in the centres or FB.

Penisini has one centre spot sewn up and Lomax will be other unless he is FB.

And where will that leave Blaize if Lomax or Gutho are FB. His manager the grub Moses will leverage & blackmail us to guarantee a spot in the backline for Blaize it's just what Issac does.

If Gutho stays FB It probs means Blaize is gone.

I am not saying that is the right or wrong call as we have lost our last 10 games without Gutho. And i believe we need him there.

But it's just reality we find ourselves in atm and the club has no one to blame but themselves.

They should have backed Blaize in until 2025 without any clauses and told Issac to get stuffed not many other clubs would have given an unproven 18 year old a PO.

At least another 12 months with Blaize locked in would have given us a better idea of what he is capable of.

the phantom menace

First Grade
If Gutherson plays on in 2025... what do people think about:

1. Gutho
3. Lomax
4. Talagi
6. Brown
7. Moses
11. Penisini ?

Agree, we still need a decent hooker...

emjaycee

Coach
I posted this last week, so yeah a small number of games at the back, but mostly wing. Not quite the 80% but not far off.
A manufactured centre from a winger, thanks to Waqa falling off a cliff.
91 first grade games in his career. 63 on the wing, 19 in the centres. (4 at fullback and 5 off the bench for Raiders).

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
They should have backed Blaize in until 2025 without any clauses and told Issac to get stuffed not many other clubs would have given an unproven 18 year old a PO.
The PO turned out to be worthless, so there was close to zero risk. It wasn't a choice between a PO and a two year contract. The player didn't want to be locked into the second year on unders.

yy_cheng

Coach
Our attack was very very different and I wonder if BA let Barrett introduce something new.

At times, I thought we were watching Warriors 2023.

Dyl looked like Shaun Johnson at times. He dug straight into the line and passed really late after drawing in the defense.

It was good to see.

When Bailey got down the field, can't believe he didnt have the confidence to beat Walsh. He's not big and not a great defender so he should've just gone for it.

I miss Hayne and Semi where they would always back themselves.

hindy111

Post Whore
Mate I reckon as a fullback with the individual brillance to change a game, he is not even in the top 10.
But as a defensive fullback he is in the top 2 or 3 and as a fullback who can chime into the line and ball play, he is probably close to one of the top 3 or 4.
It's a balance.

Was a top 3 defender. I'd need to look at list now to re evaluate. I dare say he is now between 5-10 in defense.