What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd13 2024: 750pm Eels v Sharks GAME DAY THREAD @ Commbank Stadium May 30th

hindy111

Post Whore
If but maybe, if Simmonson grounds the ball we lead by another try.

Neither of these things happened, sides blow tries, what matters is the ones they don't.
You're missing the point. That is that even though our attack was great our defense was still brittle. Keep in mind they where missing Hynes. I hope this is the start to a good run of wins but I'll reserve judgement until I see more

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
You're missing the point. That is that even though our attack was great our defense was still brittle. Keep in mind they where missing Hynes. I hope this is the start to a good run of wins but I'll reserve judgement until I see more

what does Trindal dropping the ball have to do with our defense ?

some one missed the point

Matty Bhoy

Juniors
Thoroughly enjoyed that last night. Moses and Gutherson were sublime and exactly what we’ve been missing. Moses’ kicking game is probably the best in the league. Certainly top few anyway.

Hands was great and benefitted from our forwards getting over the advantage line and playing the ball quickly. More to the same from here on thanks.

TheRam

Coach
We will win next week.

Pretty confident we will go on a run after seeing tonight.

We are different team with Moses and Gutho

This is Parra mate. As soon as the back slapping starts they melt like girlies do when they see Hindy111 with his shirt off on a hot summer night and the beach was burning...

How long have you been following us ffs? We are no chance and we will have a million and one excuses as to why we couldn't get there, but we will be back hungrier then ever next season after the next hardest ever off season in history and Heaven help the rest of the comp against our awesomeness because.........bla bla bla bla bla...

Gronk

Staff member
@Poupou Escobar and @Gronk, do you still believe Lussick is a better first grader than Hands?
Lussick regressed and got hooked. Fair play to Hands, but I think you guys need to get your head out of the clouds. He was able to play well because he had time and space. Is he a great or even good NRL hooker ? No and neither is the other guy.

IMG_1731.jpeg

Good on Brendan, he had a good game last night, however he played against a team who produced poor line speed and were dominated by our forwards. Our pack ran 400m more than theirs, post contact was an extra 100m as well. As I have said many times, it’s all about consistency and not to crack when he is in traffic and the markers put real pressure on him. Happy to be proven wrong, he now has ample opportunity to be a good NRL hooker. He's off contract in November, do we want to sign him as our guy on a 3 year deal or look for a tougher crafty toiler ?

He is certainly a better solution to what Lussick has been dishing up, but let’s face it, that’s not hard.

Some perspective however. He is not at age 25, in the same league as the top dozen (or more hookers) in the NRL. But he’s all we have right now, so we make do. No, MA should not be picked in NRL. He’s on a dev contract next year, I say leave it at that.

Hands aside, the difference maker was Moses and anyone who peddled “no excuses” in the past 6 or 8 has their eyes painted on.

Everyone else can see it.

Mate, he played well. We controlled the ball, it was a nice open game, and everyone benefited.
If you left it at this type of comment, you wouldn't attract the well-deserved vitriol your posts receive.

So perhaps maybe consider not being an argumentative f**kwit for the sake of it in your regular post-match commentary?

Matty Bhoy

Juniors
Lussick regressed and got hooked. Fair play to Hands, but I think you guys need to get your head out of the clouds. He was able to play well because he had time and space. Is he a great or even good NRL hooker ? No and neither is the other guy.

View attachment 88894

Good on Brendan, he had a good game last night, however he played against a team who produced poor line speed and were dominated by our forwards. Our pack ran 400m more than theirs, post contact was an extra 100m as well. As I have said many times, it’s all about consistency and not to crack when he is in traffic and the markers put real pressure on him. Happy to be proven wrong, he now has ample opportunity to be a good NRL hooker. He's off contract in November, do we want to sign him as our guy on a 3 year deal or look for a tougher crafty toiler ?

He is certainly a better solution to what Lussick has been dishing up, but let’s face it, that’s not hard.

Some perspective however. He is not at age 25, in the same league as the top dozen (or more hookers) in the NRL. But he’s all we have right now, so we make do. No, MA should not be picked in NRL. He’s on a dev contract next year, I say leave it at that.

Hands aside, the difference maker was Moses and anyone who peddled “no excuses” in the past 6 or 8 has their eyes painted on.

Everyone else can see it.

I’d have no issues re-signing Hands for a couple of years. He’s cheap and does a job. Lussick shouldn’t have been the starting hooker. For mine he’s alright coming off the bench for a 20 min cameo if you’re running two rakes in your team.

TheRam

Coach
Well I agree with all of that. The thing is though, he has this game in him and he had quite a few very good games last year. Lussick just doesn’t. Hands is also young with plenty of room for improvement so it’s mind blowing that BA stuck with Lussick. You have a young smart hooker with plenty of promise vs a very average journeyman. There’s simply no justification for it.

Unless you consider who the next junior DH coming through our system is of course.

Latest posts