What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd13: Parra v Sharks GAME DAY thread (9/8/20)

TheParraboy

Staff member
I'm starting to feel like Sivo's a liability. He might be our top tryscorer but he offers little else. It's amazing for the size of him. If you just looked at his stats you'd think it was Nathan Merritt. Today he made six hit ups for 35 metres. Last week it was six hit ups for 42 metres. Two tackle breaks in two weeks as well. Ferguson broke 7 tackles over the same period, with 175 metres just from hit ups.

Sivos energy has slipped a lot in recent weeks, plus today twice had a chance to take on the FB, and decided to kick. Last year he would never contemplate the idea

Second year syndrome? Might pay to give him a week off to freshen up.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
I'm starting to feel like Sivo's a liability. He might be our top tryscorer but he offers little else. It's amazing for the size of him. If you just looked at his stats you'd think it was Nathan Merritt. Today he made six hit ups for 35 metres. Last week it was six hit ups for 42 metres. Two tackle breaks in two weeks as well. Ferguson broke 7 tackles over the same period, with 175 metres just from hit ups.

he isn’t worth $500k plus

lucablight

First Grade
Us Eels fans are hella fickle if we want to get rid of Sivo after a couple of weeks of poor form. Short memories. Same with Ferguson actually.

Bandwagon

Staff member
Meh, scrappy win, but a win nonetheless

Seems to me we have learnt how to win these kinds of games, hold our heads and just get it done.

We don't seem to panic.anymore, we certainly don't drop our heads like we used to. Yes it aint pretty, but I think we take more outta this kind of win than cruising through to an easy win

We are going deep into the finals and whoever we play will f**king know they've played a serious contender.

Avenger

Immortal

Seems to me we have learnt how to win these kinds of games, hold our heads and just get it done.

We don't seem to panic.anymore, we certainly don't drop our heads like we used to. Yes it aint pretty, but I think we take more outta this kind of win than cruising through to an easy win

We are going deep into the finals and whoever we play will f**king know they've played a serious contender.
Our defence is winning us plenty of games. Usually the best defensive team wins the comp.

strider

Post Whore
Us Eels fans are hella fickle if we want to get rid of Sivo after a couple of weeks of poor form. Short memories.
He has always been a liability ... the fickle thing is that everyone gut all lovey over him cos he scored a bunch of tries, half of which were just putting it over the line at the end of the backline

roboshark

Coach

That's how we won in 2016. Winning the close ones everytime

T-Boon

Coach
I think maybe Ferguson needs to have a stint in the centres he isnt getting it done on the wing

lucablight

First Grade
He has always been a liability ... the fickle thing is that everyone gut all lovey over him cos he scored a bunch of tries, half of which were just putting it over the line at the end of the backline
I think that’s pretty harsh. He has scored a lot of tries where he had to power over the top of defenders. We’ll find out where he’s at over the next few months.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Kind of. But at 12-4 and a correct call means we have a 7 tackle set. Instead they had a line drop out off the wrong call which lead to back to back tries. One of a debatable forward pass.
Another try come off SIVO hoping it went dead and was beaten to ball.
I'd say they had a good share of luck.
Their first try was arsey as all f**k.

IFR33K

Coach
well it was, some stupid errors didn’t help us take advantage of it.

additionally in the last 20 when the sharks have a fair bit of ball in our own 20, they keep on attacking our edges where the conditions weren’t suitable for it.

Ok mate.