What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd13: Parra v Sharks GAME DAY thread (9/8/20)

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Ferguson and Sivo are f**ken knobs
I'm starting to feel like Sivo's a liability. He might be our top tryscorer but he offers little else. It's amazing for the size of him. If you just looked at his stats you'd think it was Nathan Merritt. Today he made six hit ups for 35 metres. Last week it was six hit ups for 42 metres. Two tackle breaks in two weeks as well. Ferguson broke 7 tackles over the same period, with 175 metres just from hit ups.

IFR33K

Coach
Don’t forget the conditions are actually worse then they look on the TV!
definitely some stupid errors but take the win in those conditions!!
Bring on the dragons !!
BTW is Mike Whitney auditioning for Cast Away 2.....

You said earlier something along the lines the conditions would be to our advantage.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
I hope so. We have a great squad on paper to match it with anyone but we could have easily lost so many of the games we’ve won if our luck went differently. It’s weird to say given we’ve only lost 2 games but I think we’re underachieving with the way we are falling over the line in games we should be winning easily.

Rather underachieving and winning as opposed to losing.

luck? Or are we making our own luck? Being the top defensive side (with the storm) isn’t luck.

while we haven’t been playing great, we have been in every game this year, so we are matching up each week. Just not putting the opposition away ocassionally.

strider

Post Whore
Waqa has been with us for a while now, and.. I just don't see it.
He has potential but he is erratic as hell and i dont think too smart ... running out of the defensive line is dumb in wet footy ... young footy players are robots these days. They dont think alot. Just do what is drilled into them no matter what the situation .... but he had plenty of dumb mates

Eelogical

Referee
I'm also big on details. In 79th min why didn't we challenge the call. Yes they get the scrum but we buy 30 seconds to rest set line and belt them.
Maybe the lads oxygen tanks were running out of air. That could confuse decision making. Have you ever been zapped as an electrician?

Eelementary

Post Whore
I'm starting to feel like Sivo's a liability. He might be our top tryscorer but he offers little else. It's amazing for the size of him. If you just looked at his stats you'd think it was Nathan Merritt. Today he made six hit ups for 35 metres. Last week it was six hit ups for 42 metres. Two tackle breaks in two weeks as well. Ferguson broke 7 tackles over the same period, with 175 metres just from hit ups.

I totally agree.

Ferguson made a few errors, but he ran with a lot of power.

Gutherson made good metres all night.

Then there were Waqa Blake, and Maika Sivo, who were...well, let's be honest - they were lazy.

Mr Parramatta

Juniors
Sivo is lazy 50mtrs and one tackle.
One a rare linebacker could of run infield and hald ball but puts a rubbish kick on 3rd. Also defensive reads where garbage.

Blake is another who needs to pull finger out. Barely made a tackle and does no hard yards. MJ didn't make many meters but tackled all day.

GJ is good for 150mtrs a game. A guy Blake's size and Sivo should have atleast 8-10 hit ups agame and 100mtrs+
Sivo is lazy 50mtrs and one tackle.
One a rare linebacker could of run infield and hald ball but puts a rubbish kick on 3rd. Also defensive reads where garbage.

Blake is another who needs to pull finger out. Barely made a tackle and does no hard yards. MJ didn't make many meters but tackled all day.

GJ is good for 150mtrs a game. A guy Blake's size and Sivo should have atleast 8-10 hit ups agame and 100mtrs+
I’d drop both

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
You said earlier something along the lines the conditions would be to our advantage.

well it was, some stupid errors didn’t help us take advantage of it.

additionally in the last 20 when the sharks have a fair bit of ball in our own 20, they keep on attacking our edges where the conditions weren’t suitable for it.

Last edited:

lucablight

First Grade

Seems like he’s down on form. He’s run over 100m in 10 out of 13 games this season so he makes good metres more often than not.

Avenger

Immortal
Another reason I’d chase Alex Johnson.

lucablight

First Grade
Rather underachieving and winning as opposed to losing.

luck? Or are we making our own luck? Being the top defensive side (with the storm) isn’t luck.

while we haven’t been playing great, we have been in every game this year, so we are matching up each week. Just not putting the opposition away ocassionally.
I agree with a lot of what you’re saying but if we keep playing like this it’s going to catch up with us sooner or later and we certainly aren’t winning a competition playing like this. I think it’s a reflection of the poor standard of the NRL where the top teams are so much better than the rest they can keep winning by playing average.

Latest posts