What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd13: Parra v Sharks GAME DAY thread (9/8/20)

IFR33K

Coach
More that the Sharks seem unlikely to play their normal attacking game in the wet. At the same time, bad weather increases randomness, and is therefore a bit of an equaliser.

I see the wet weather as no advantage to either team. Whichever team adjusts and handles the conditions the best will win. ‘Twas a random comment tbh

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I see the wet weather as no advantage to either team. Whichever team adjusts and handles the conditions the best will win. ‘Twas a random comment tbh
Well of course it's no advantage. The question is whether it disadvantages one team more than the other. To be honest I don't know. I can see it disadvantaging them more because of the way they attack, but then I can see it disadvantaging us more by introducing randomness to a contest where we otherwise have the advantage.

It's very exciting.

Bandwagon

Staff member
I think we'll be out to make a statement today.

We're gonna f**kin' smash 'em right through the middle, and then tear their edges apart

I won't be surprised to see Jed Bogan snapped completely in half and Moylan to be crushed like the pissant pretender he is

Eelectrica

Referee
I hate being negative, but I have a bad feeling we will get beaten comfortably today.
We're not winning too many games the way we've played the last few weeks that's for sure.

Hopefully playing a good team and last weeks near miss brings them out of the slumber.

Usually takes a loss to get the message across that there's more to winning than arriving to the ground on time though.

Eelementary

Post Whore
We're not winning too many games the way we've played the last few weeks that's for sure.

Hopefully playing a good team and last weeks near miss brings them out of the slumber.

Usually takes a loss to get the message across that there's more to winning than arriving to the ground on time though.

I may be wrong, but I just have a feeling in my gut that the Sharks will start off like a house on fire, and we won't be able to keep up.

strider

Post Whore
I think we'll be out to make a statement today.

We're gonna f**kin' smash 'em right through the middle, and then tear their edges apart

I won't be surprised to see Jed Bogan snapped completely in half and Moylan to be crushed like the pissant pretender he is
Well done ... its been too long since "pissant" got used on this forum

eels_fan

First Grade
Yesterday I had a feeling we’d lose.
But I think the boys will rally around Gutho’s 100th, the club has made quite a song & dance around it and BA has really focused on instilling the need for great performances on milestone games.

Think the weather benefits us, if they rely on fast ball movement to their edges and that’s unlikely in today’s conditions. Their forwards have been strong of late but we definitely have the wood over them up front. Class of Moses kicking game will get us home in a close one

Mr Parramatta

Juniors
We lose today, no matter what the score is u can put a pen through us, regardless I see this as “3 horse race” and we ain’t one of them, we have been a mixture of very ordinary and brave at times, unfortunately those 2 qualities are not a premiership winning team, in saying that anything below a top 4 is a fail this year.

Eelctrifying

Juniors
Put a pen thru us due to 3 losses in 13 (if we lose today) and 7 weeks until the finals?

You need to drink less, a lot less.

It's not just the win/loss record. I just can't see us competing with Storm / Roosters/ Panthers when it comes down to the wire. Look at the Pennies, they are just getting on with it with dominant displays.