What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd15 2024: Eels v Roosters GAME DAY THREAD @ Commbank Stadium June 15th

JokerEel

Coach
I'll also say the way to beat the Roosters is to go through their middle..

We made a few breaks and scored that awesome Moses try thought he middle.

Then whenever we were on their try line we kept going side to side..

King-Gutho94

Coach
Ok, here we go

Depth is a major problem, the 3/4 line had 3 players playing out of position and it was a problem, The Rorters attacked Talagi all game and it paid off, that’s what tactics are supposed to do.

For some reason the coach decided that Lussick deserved a run, basically went to sh*t while he wa 9n the field. No threat from dummy half and lazy in and after tackles, lost momentum when he came on and couldn’t recover it when he was removed after what 12 minutes.

Forwards were OK, Kelma was a threat, Carty too and Matto, but we really need to ice the time spent in the opposition 15 metres, .this again was missing on toomany occasions, maybe a crash ball might work but it gets a bit obvious.

Gutho gets a pass mark but needs to tidy up a lot of issues we are seeing, he’s not the player of last season and it hurts our defence .

In a strange way it was mostly enjoyable but think the result was always going to happen. With no depth in the backs and no athletic backs compared to just about every other team, we will get found out .

With an incomplete top30 for the second season and injuries adding to that, it’s not surprising and ok , unacceptable from a club with a professional recruitment team.
We made Jenko look like he was 26 again at times on the 1st half.

The outside backs situation is a downright disgrace.

Clearly Barrett doesn't rate Harper at least.

eel01s

Bench
I thought we were going to be flogged tonight.

Am I happy with how we fought? Yes. But again just not enough class to ice the game when it counts.

Our attack close to their tryline is poor and too predictable. What happened to the grubber in goal? Well the Roosters showed what can happen. I don't think Asi caught one bomb tonight, yet we aim our attacking kick at him?

Once again, too many errors cost us. We competed, but weren't good enough.

King-Gutho94

Coach
I’m surprised you think that tbh. Our roster is absolutely threadbare. Compare it to Brisbane’s spoon roster a few years ago. We are absolutely underdone / cooked in different areas.
We have a better core group then the Tigers, Titans, Dragons at a minimum.

We have the Kiwi 5/8 and possibly the NSW halfback in the halves.

No way we should be getting the spoon with the players we have in key areas.

Parra Pride

Referee
Then whenever we were on their try line we kept going side to side..
That's our entire attack, running side to side and the only time something happens is when someone beats their man one on one. There's never any angles, or changing of lines it's all the same tired shit. It won't change as long as Barret is here because he was the f**king attack coach.

Sensei Cobra

Juniors
Notice Brandy called out our kick chase … can’t remember the exact words but made the point that it’s an opportunity for the roosters to make some easy metres… he’s spot on and it’s embarrassing that we can’t get the fundamentals right.

Especially given we have one of the best kickers in the comp

Soto

Bench
I'd love to see Moses put up a massive bomb when 30 or so out right near the posts...make it a fkn contest. When he puts up those chip bombs it's basically catching practice for the opposition fullback. It's like they are still learning...
Its actually disgusting and dissapointing that we already have to start talking about 2025... the club has failed us passionate supporters...we had a go tonight but we aren't good enough...we have players on way too much money who bent us over.
I watched the Tigers game today and I really hope if Stefano wants out we chase him big time.
I'd love to have him and Royce Hunt lead our pack. Stefano was skittling blokes.
I know there was a fallout with him and the previous coach. Maybe it's time he comes home where he knows he should be.
If we could land him and Royce Hunt for example then I'd be tapping Lane, Matto and Makatoa with even possibly Junior.
Lots to ponder but we need an injection of 6-8 players next yr...
Some tough and maybe unpopular calls need to be made but better to do it now than drag it out.
Would not be renewing Gutho whenever his contract runs out and Dylan Brown needs to work out whether he wants to be elite or get Elite money and never influence a game.

Angry_eel

First Grade
Barrett has no vision for selecting the likes of Asi and Lussick when blind Freddy can see they aren’t up to it. He had a chance to put his stamp on the team by trying something new instead of the same thing that’s been letting us down all season but he didn’t do it.
I wonder if it's a social thing. Like oh yea Lussicks a really good guy, needs to pay his mortgage, it wouldn't be right to not have him in the 17.

Surely, two coaches cannot make the same mistakes but we see it happening before our eyes.

Soto

Bench
Notice Brandy called out our kick chase … can’t remember the exact words but made the point that it’s an opportunity for the roosters to make some easy metres… he’s spot on and it’s embarrassing that we can’t get the fundamentals right.

Especially given we have one of the best kickers in the comp
He also basically said we need to stop lying down..farkwit...his team especially when Kikau was there were and stlll are the masters of it
Still going thru puberty the fkn weasel

Gazzamatta

Coach
Maybe I need to watch the replay but I walked out tonight much happier than I have on many previous occasions.
Yes our selections were diabolical although they did work better than expected with the exception of Lussick but I reckon even TB became convinced considering he hooked him after 12 mins. WTF did BA see in this bloke?
I thought Asi went considerably better as did Lane. Paulo decided to run first for a while and he was better for it but he did fall back into old bad habits.
Our back 5 pretty much stink. Penisin can be so bad defensively at times. Russell was horrible and Blaize needs to learn to tackle. None of the backs communicate defensively.
Matto was great and I thought Reg and Hands really put in as did Talagi. Offy was offy tonight.
I was expecting a massive blow out but generally they put in.
I had a good night and enjoyed myself. Anyway on to next week.

Gronk

Staff member
Ok, here we go

Depth is a major problem, the 3/4 line had 3 players playing out of position and it was a problem, The Rorters attacked Talagi all game and it paid off, that’s what tactics are supposed to do.

For some reason the coach decided that Lussick deserved a run, basically went to sh*t while he wa 9n the field. No threat from dummy half and lazy in and after tackles, lost momentum when he came on and couldn’t recover it when he was removed after what 12 minutes.

Forwards were OK, Kelma was a threat, Carty too and Matto, but we really need to ice the time spent in the opposition 15 metres, .this again was missing on toomany occasions, maybe a crash ball might work but it gets a bit obvious.

Gutho gets a pass mark but needs to tidy up a lot of issues we are seeing, he’s not the player of last season and it hurts our defence .

In a strange way it was mostly enjoyable but think the result was always going to happen. With no depth in the backs and no athletic backs compared to just about every other team, we will get found out .

With an incomplete top30 for the second season and injuries adding to that, it’s not surprising and ok , unacceptable from a club with a professional recruitment team.
What I thought was telling is how their hooker Connor Watson ran at crucial times, could easily get away from our markers with his zippy pace. He got the most fantasy points today. Not surprised big coin Brandon is being forced out the door.

Yes Reed, but when was the other time we had a great hooker at the club ?