What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd25 2024: 8pm Eels v Broncos GAME DAY THREAD @ Suncorp Aug 23rd

Zoso

Juniors
An excellent defender and good runner is not
Enough for a $900 half.
Agree. But I’d like to see what he does next year. If there’s one thing we can say since Barrett took over is that we look more creative and adventurous in attack, which shows how of a meat and potatoes coach BA was. And Brown has only really ever been coached by BA. He might just improve with a new coach and different approach.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
He hadn’t seen a consistent pattern of Ron Massey cup level defence when he signed him. He saw a few decent line runs and a decent carry. That does not make for a well rounded 5/8.
So you saying Panthers, who everyone on here want us to be like, the so call most professional NRL organisation there is, the nrl club that seem to recruit well......suddenly recruits a player after watching after a couple of NRL games without any further due diligence ...........please, that's one of the biggest piss takes I have heard...........

they wouId have analysed all his games from his last 2-3 years, got all the data from the software programs they use, see if it fits into their criteria, plus how he has physically performed in the NRL at 19 etc etc etc.....

but hey Cleary saw him on fox sports a couple of times and msg Cameron, let's sign this kid for 3 years, he runs a good line.....

hindy111

Post Whore
I rate Ivan but he has had his own brain farts with player signings. Josh Reynolds for $900k? There were plenty of others.

Blaize has been tracked by a few clubs for a the last few years. He was touted as a hot talent.
Perhaps he is a dud. Well probably know in 2026/2027 what type of player he is.
He was never ready for NRL this year. Physically just not up for it. Needs more muscle.
Not all our players can be.shit but. I mean we lost by 6 points so it's not terrible considering who's out.
Problem.is to.much laziness

Blaize looks lazy. Same as Sivo. On that first try to Brisbane Sivo barely.chased. Had he from the start he gets Sailor.

Avenger

Immortal
Asi leaving this club should be celebrated like a premiership win. He is rubbish and is the only half that kicks on the third on a 7 tackle set. Imagine he did that with someone like Bellamy.

Talaigi won’t do something as stupid as that charge down again. He at least looks threatening every time he has the ball in his hands.

I literally hate Sivo. He is a lazy soft cock. Gutherson is just broken and 2025 in my opinion won’t happen for him, not for our club anyway.

Parra Pride

Referee
Brown is an excellent defender and good runner. I’d like to see him and Penisini under a new coaching set up and surrounded by a few different players.
Fully agreed, too many people quick to write them off already. Let’s see how they look away from the BA stench. Brown will do well if we actually have an attacking threat outside him on the left as well.

Happy MEel

First Grade
So you saying Panthers, who everyone on here want us to be like, the so call most professional NRL organisation there is, the nrl club that seem to recruit well......suddenly recruits a player after watching after a couple of NRL games without any further due diligence ...........please, that's one of the biggest piss takes I have heard...........

they wouId have analysed all his games from his last 2-3 years, got all the data from the software programs they use, see if it fits into their criteria, plus how he has physically performed in the NRL at 19 etc etc etc.....

but hey Cleary saw him on fox sports a couple of times and msg Cameron, let's sign this kid for 3 years, he runs a good line.....
So you’re saying Panthers have never made a mistake…much like BA.

Analysing talented kids against kids isn’t a reliable source of future ability. I have rarely seen a 19-20 year old more out of his depth in defence in first grade and rumour has it he has the 5/8 role next year. Granted he’ll be covered better in that structure but I can sure as shit guarantee you EVERY team will be throwing their entire attack down his side next year. He may turn out ok but for the next few years (which is his next contract) he’ll be a liability.

Soto

Bench
Asi leaving this club should be celebrated like a premiership win. He is rubbish and is the only half that kicks on the third on a 7 tackle set. Imagine he did that with someone like Bellamy.

Talaigi won’t do something as stupid as that charge down again. He at least looks threatening every time he has the ball in his hands.

I literally hate Sivo. He is a lazy soft cock. Gutherson is just broken and 2025 in my opinion won’t happen for him, not for our club anyway.
Asi has actually outplayed Dylbro in attack. I would be keeping him as backup..
Yes kicking on the 3rd is dumb but where is the captain and the coach to go kick on the 3rd again I will snap ur legs? Unless it was a team tactic...
This season cannot end quick enough.
Playing effectively a 2 man bench Is also ridiculous...
Keir and Makatoa.
Tago no minutes and x factor Lussick.
Shaking my fkn head...
Massive cleanout required...blow the place up and start again

Latest posts