What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd26 Eels v Dragons GAME DAY THREAD @ Commbank Stadium Aug 31st

The Predictor

Juniors
It was 28
Okay then, that makes me feel better
It’s an attitude problem. The fact they have conceded that many points in a short space of time, tells you there needs to be big changes. Hopefully Ryles would fix it up. These clock off moments are a joke, just like against Penrith, Brisbane and I think the Warriors. We'd be up by 50 next week and still look like losing. I have little confidence in next week's game after that last 10 minutes.
Don’t think we are a chance at Campbeltown

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Compare him to Luai when their star halfback goes down…
He's 4 years older, in a much better team in a much better system. He also hasn't been coached by a bald potato all his career. Unlocking Brown could be Ryles biggest job but also the one that transforms the side. The club has been massively undercoached the last few years especially the younger players.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Been saying it for years. He goes missing. He’s a true definition of a flat track bully.
Our biggest floggings this year:

Storm 48 to 16
Drown, 22 runs, 161 m, 32 tackles, 1 TA, 1 TB, 1 LBA

Dophins 44 to 16
10 runs, 80 mins, 22 tackles, 1 try, 1 TB, 1LB

South's 44 to 26
12 runs, 98 m, 22 tackles, 2 TA, 2 LBA, 1 TB, 1 LB

Canberra 41 to 8
8 runs, 68 m, 25 tackles, 1 TA, 1 TB, 1 LBA

For a flat track bully, he puts in when we are getting flogged, hardly an indication he goes missing.......plenty of runs, lots of tackles and attacking wise 4 TA, 4 LBA combined in our 4 biggest losses. Which is decent when you factor in he wouId be behind a beaten pack in these games.....

Soto

Bench
My 2 cents on some players and why I think we actually do have a decent squad and just need some minor tweaks.
Majority of these blokes have only been coached by Arthur...I think Ryles can unlock the best in a few of them...
A new voice brings different ideas, opportunities.
You can see with TBaz the attack has gotten better and we are scoring big points even without Moses...
Fix defence, attitude, belief and fitness, with some astute signings and we will be back baby

Noise

Coach
Our biggest floggings this year:

Storm 48 to 16
Drown, 22 runs, 161 m, 32 tackles, 1 TA, 1 TB, 1 LBA

Dophins 44 to 16
10 runs, 80 mins, 22 tackles, 1 try, 1 TB, 1LB

South's 44 to 26
12 runs, 98 m, 22 tackles, 2 TA, 2 LBA, 1 TB, 1 LB

Canberra 41 to 8
8 runs, 68 m, 25 tackles, 1 TA, 1 TB, 1 LBA

For a flat track bully, he puts in when we are getting flogged, hardly an indication he goes missing.......plenty of runs, lots of tackles and attacking wise 4 TA, 4 LBA combined in our 4 biggest losses. Which is decent when you factor in he wouId be behind a beaten pack in these games.....
Those run stats (lots of runs at minimal metres per run) suggest he’s taking hit up after hit up, without making breaks. Not great for a half who’s running game is meant to be his strength.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Those run stats (lots of runs at minimal metres per run) suggest he’s taking hit up after hit up, without making breaks. Not great for a half whose running game is meant to be his strength.
Could also mean, there isn't any space (which generally happens, if our pack is losing the middle), to push a pass....so better to run, rather give a "hospital" pass for an error....

BTW, he is 7th for TA and 13th for LBA.....so he does pass it if there is an opportunity ....

hindy111

Post Whore
Dylan Brown is a must keep.

The Blue and Gold Negative glasses worn on here, do not outweigh the numerous NRL experts who have him as a top quality five-eighth.

I am with you. I want to keep him. Henisnt worth his apparent 1 million contract thou

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Those run stats (lots of runs at minimal metres per run) suggest he’s taking hit up after hit up, without making breaks. Not great for a half who’s running game is meant to be his strength.
And again that's down to coaching, he's been told to run and defences around league just know what he's about to do. There is no mystery to his game and it's telegraphed like f**k. Remember when Baldie first got Papa on en edge for half a season he was unstoppable until he worked him like a donkey and every man and his dog knew he was getting the ball no matter what. New coaching could transform some of these players.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Correlation: minimal Pou trolling posts, during and post-game.
When we lose every idiot trots out their pet theories, as though losing vindicates every complaint. When we win they save their complaints for next time, thus forestalling the need to be corrected.

When we win we might get the odd reserve grader playing well and then merkins like @hindy111 start crowing about how they knew he was awesome the entire time (even when they were playing shit every week). Greig had a good game against Souths a few years ago and merkins were out in force then too.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
It's hard to make breaks behind a beaten pack. The point of going through the middle first is to get the defence to backpedal and compress. This is when Drown's hit ups turn into line breaks for himself and others.

hindy111

Post Whore
When we lose every idiot trots out their pet theories, as though losing vindicates every complaint. When we win they save their complaints for next time, thus forestalling the need to be corrected.

When we win we might get the odd reserve grader playing well and then merkins like @hindy111 start crowing about how they knew he was awesome the entire time (even when they were playing shit every week). Greig had a good game against Souths a few years ago and merkins were out in force then too.

I said Morretti from what ive seen is the pick of bunch and is NRL level.And I think he is.
I never said he was a superstar.

Parra Pride

Referee
I’ve said it time and time again here, but watch when he does run the ball. No one supports him, so there is rarely any chance of a late pass making it easy for the defence to converge on him. Merkins here clearly have a hate boner for him though despite him being one of the only merkins worth feeding.

RustedonEel

Juniors
I’ve said it time and time again here, but watch when he does run the ball. No one supports him, so there is rarely any chance of a late pass making it easy for the defence to converge on him. Merkins here clearly have a hate boner for him though despite him being one of the only merkins worth feeding.
100%

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I said Morretti from what ive seen is the pick of bunch and is NRL level.And I think he is.
I never said he was a superstar.
At his best he's a first grader, but that describes plenty of blokes in reserve grade. I call these merkins fringe first graders. They will be top 17 in a weak squad and backups in a strong squad. Moretti probably hasn't peaked but he can't be far away. He is 24 already.

Bored Blah Blah Blah GIF

Soto

Bench

There are people who know their footy...that's why their opinion is respected