What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd5: LIVE game day thread EELS v Panthers

Noise

Coach
Our attack was as good as Penrith's defence allowed it. Just like we made their attack look ordinary. We made three line breaks to one but Penrith scrambled well, and got off their line very quickly. Lucky for them we refuse to kick for goal.

Coaching decision

Happy MEel

First Grade
You merkins are so blinded by misery you can't credit the Panthers defence. It was outstanding
Panthers defence was good. But we flat out refused to do anything different outside of one out hit ups and the out the back block play. Incredibly easy for an NRL level defensive line to defend that rubbish.

eels_fan

First Grade
Hoffman bombed 2 tries today. Rubbish

No fresh men for the last 15 was ridiculous too

I thought Norman was much better and really put in, but our attacking structures totally suck

hindy111

Post Whore
Panthers defence was too good. That's the story at the end of the game no matter what some dumb f**ks here wanna carry on with.

In a high intensity defensive game yours came out on top. Won on penalty goals again ffs!

Panthers where off today. Edwards never makes those mistakes.
We had plenty of ball. We had no variation. We had no offloads. We had no damaging runs. We played far to safe. Coach is to bnlame

Very predictable in attack. When they did kick in behind we caused issues but didn’t do this near enough when Penrith were rushing off the line

hindy111

Post Whore
Our attack was as good as Penrith's defence allowed it. Just like we made their attack look ordinary. We made three line breaks to one but Penrith scrambled well, and got off their line very quickly. Lucky for them we refuse to kick for goal.

0/5
Ok yes we where in that game but to me the panthers always looked in control. They didnt overplay their hand cause they knew they had enough points at halftime.

Bazal

Post Whore
Panthers defence was good. But we flat out refused to do anything different outside of one out hit ups and the out the back block play. Incredibly easy for an NRL level defensive line to defend that rubbish.

Back end if the game we had bodies in motion, pushing into holes, Alvaro especially backed up into several late balls and off loads. Forwards played the ball at the line (although Peni tried it once too often). Panthers defence was too good, but people see what they want to see and the narrative is very much whining and misery

Dibs

Bench
Well we had all the ball. I told you all last week our tries where once tigers put cue in rack.

Today we had all the ball and chances.Showed nothing. BA hasnt the attacking tools to take us forward. Been worked out.

Since the 20min mark of rnd 1 we created nothing against the panthers, no try against Manly and 1 against sharks. I have told my opinion on tigers game.
What are you talking about? Panthers haven’t played the tigers yet