What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd5: LIVE game day thread EELS v Panthers

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Are merkins whinging about the reffing? We are killing them in the penalty count. We have nothing in attack. We have had all the ball. It is truly a disgrace.

'Possession is king' was the mantra all week yet we do nothing with the ball. The only try we scored was off a kick their fullback fumbled
He fumbled it because it was a difficult kick between two defenders, with a strong chase. Their only try was from a chip to the corner while we were down a man. Their only line break was Mansour on a kick return.

Noise

Coach
With all the players we're missing we need to take the two when it's on offer.

Arthur doesn't tell them to take the 2. He must really rate our attack. I'm sure we look good in the captains run when there are only a handful of defenders on the field. It doesn't translate to the game

Noise

Coach
He fumbled it because it was a difficult kick between two defenders, with a strong chase. Their only try was from a chip to the corner while we were down a man. Their only line break was Mansour on a kick return.

They had a lot less ball than us. I am not surprised they had less positive attacking stats. It doesn't matter though. At the end of the day we had plenty more ball and still lost.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Yep, refs fault and we were unlucky.

0 from 5 it’s very exciting.
Who said it was the ref's fault? They gave us plenty of penalties. We just need to take the easy two when it's there. Penrith did and won. They did the same thing in round one.

Djay

Juniors
We had a dig, we gave it our all which is something I couldn’t say for last week but we are just simply not good enough in attack.

We rush, we look like we want to score off every play, we kept making stupid handling errors, we are our own worst enemies.

No excuses this week, we had more then enough ball to win that in the second half and we just kept letting them off.

Something with our attack is just off, we don’t even look like scoring half the time

Norman was much better today considering all the criticism his copped.

0-5 I don’t know how much worse this can get, but it will have to take something drastic for us to turn this around now, today would have been soul destroying.

Arthur doesn't tell them to take the 2. He must really rate our attack. I'm sure we look good in the captains run when there are only a handful of defenders on the field. It doesn't translate to the game

the problem is in the captains run they are up against our defenders
i'm sure norman and moses look like world beaters

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
He probably wants them to build some pressure and tire the opposition. We certainly did that today. Penrith missed 34 tackles. If our confidence wasn't down we would've scored a few tries in that second half. We're just rushing things.

ouryears

Bench
We had a dig, we gave it our all which is something I couldn’t say for last week but we are just simply not good enough in attack.

We rush, we look like we want to score off every play, we kept making stupid handling errors, we are our own worst enemies.

No excuses this week, we had more then enough ball to win that in the second half and we just kept letting them off.

Something with our attack is just off, we don’t even look like scoring half the time

Norman was much better today considering all the criticism his copped.

0-5 I don’t know how much worse this can get, but it will have to take something drastic for us to turn this around now, today would have been soul destroying.
Panthers last year were worse off and made the semis, Don't give up yet boys.

84 Baby

Referee
Why didn't you start that back in round 1 ya merkin?
Because unlike many merkins here I take into account prior years efforts of me watching games live and recorded. If they go another 5 games unwinning then I won’t watch another game at all, included if by some utter miracle it’s a circa 2009 run to the grand final, but we go one better