What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd5: LIVE game day thread EELS v Panthers

Noise

Coach
They don't want to look at the positives do they?

- 0-5
- attack is pedestrian
- Struggling to score tries
- Refusing to take the 2 when on offer which would get us in the game
- Heading to Canberra next week (who found a bit of form) where we are notoriously bad and are a high chance of going 0-6.

- But showed a bit more effort....Tops!

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
It was not outstanding,Parra threw the same generic crap at them over and over again,easy to defend against that garbage
Neither team looked good in attack because the defence was so good. Penrith made one line break from a kick return. Both teams should be proud of their defence.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Panthers defence was good. But we flat out refused to do anything different outside of one out hit ups and the out the back block play. Incredibly easy for an NRL level defensive line to defend that rubbish.
Not that f**ken easy. Penrith missed 35 tackles and conceded three line breaks. We just lacked polish in broken play. French and Hayne would have been handy.

Happy MEel

First Grade
Is it on the coach?

Or is it the players, desperate for a win, panicking?

I mean clearly you know so I'd be interested in which one it is...
As I said, it’s on the coach. He can send messages out to try kicks behind the line, he can tell the merkins to start throwing offloads to try and get some glimmer of attack.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Back end if the game we had bodies in motion, pushing into holes, Alvaro especially backed up into several late balls and off loads. Forwards played the ball at the line (although Peni tried it once too often). Panthers defence was too good, but people see what they want to see and the narrative is very much whining and misery
I'd say they think the next best thing to winning is whining.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
You reckon? You aren't going to win many games if you can only jag 1 try from a kick coupled with a mistake by the opposition. I know the effort was good today but saying we'll win plenty of games with the attack we are executing is massively optimistic ..
If we'd converted one of three line breaks we would have scored twice as many tries as them. But when your confidence is down you f**k those plays up.

hindy111

Post Whore
Problem is another few losses and then the players will give up. Once that happens watch these losses turn into floggings.
Im sure we had a few out that hurt us but they also where missing Cleary and DWZ.
BA im sure will see where the problems are and attempt to fix them. I dont see us beating Canberra though.

hindy111

Post Whore
Followed by Manly,Tigers and Sharks.
All games winable but gee I can see us losing all of them just as likely.

Tight games mean f**k all when we continue to lose. What kind of possession do you think we need to actually score more tries than the opposition?

we had more than enough possession today to win the game we just have to do something with it