What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd5: Parramatta v Canberra LIVE GAME DAY thread April 14th 2019

emjaycee

Coach
They bashed us and went full grub and got away with it.

Fair play to them. We didn’t seem to know how to respond. We really missed the hard edge Nrown and Mau give us.
But, but, but... "the Eels don't have any significant injuries", unlike both the Roosters and the Sharks when we played them.
Just ask the Fox and Nine commentators.

Gronk

Staff member
What's the go with the Cogger merkin ? Did he unsuccessfully troll us ?

forward pass

Coach
One thing I haven't seen mentioned in relation to the alleged forward pass, was why in God's name when we are playing the ball on our line, would a pass be thrown to Taka who was deep into the in goal area. It was a terrible pass. Taka was going to incredibly get caught in goal and that is why he threw the pass. It was such poor play. Terrible.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
I was impressed of their effort in defense and not letting Canberra through in which other teams probably wouldve missed. But I was disappointed in their attack. Poor completion rate, poor handling errors and trying too much off every set. I was ok at half time but they perhaps they got a bit rattled by Canberra's defense. In saying that, some of the tackles Canberra made were a bit thuggery, particularly Wighton's one on Gutherson. What a hot head, makes a big tackle and then carries on a bit. They wont win a comp if they carry on like that. I felt jumping the fence and giving him one, and Perenara.

We'll bounce back but I'm shattered for Ferguson. Hope its not too serious.

T.S Quint

Coach
Need to get past this one and look to next week. What is it about the road trip down to Canberra that has them playing like loosers (this year’s defence notwithstanding)?

One thing I was very disappointed about during the game, especially the second half was the decisions by Moses to put up bombs instead of kicking to the sidelines to give his team a breather. We had done so much tackling and were absolutely buggered, but he thought his teammates should still be expected to sprint down the other end to chase his bombs. The game needed to be slowed down and he didn’t seem to realise this. That’s a worrying sign.

yy_cheng

Coach
Mj should've been switched to the right when fergs came off as most of our attack goes to Moses on the right

Djay

Juniors
I was impressed of their effort in defense and not letting Canberra through in which other teams probably wouldve missed. But I was disappointed in their attack. Poor completion rate, poor handling errors and trying too much off every set. I was ok at half time but they perhaps they got a bit rattled by Canberra's defense. In saying that, some of the tackles Canberra made were a bit thuggery, particularly Wighton's one on Gutherson. What a hot head, makes a big tackle and then carries on a bit. They wont win a comp if they carry on like that. I felt jumping the fence and giving him one, and Perenara.

We'll bounce back but I'm shattered for Ferguson. Hope its not too serious.

They won't be winning no comp, Wighton, Bateman to name a few carry on like absolute idiots, do grubby things along with they're mates and not one is pulled up or a word is said on commentary.

It's so frustrating because we were in it, up to our eye balls and we honestly were robbed a game changing moment when they called Taka's pass forward, it went f**king backwards. We would have been 6-0 up after 25mins of non stop defending, that was a huge call and even BA pulled them up on it in the presser.

And is it just me or does Perenara just love giving it to us,, haven't seen him all year and of all games he makes his return in our game in Canberra.

hindy111

Post Whore
Sure Takas pass was a big moment. But Canberra where far superior.
We also had 2 x certain line dropouts bar a rubbish chase.

Eelementary

Post Whore
I thought the Raiders were very professional. They had a bit of luck early but they stuck to their plan and just ground us out of the game. They would’ve beaten most teams tonight. Probably would’ve belted a few.

They were professional,I'll give them that.

Conversely, though - our defense was absolutely unreal.

To give a team that much ball, in that sort of territory, and only concede 19 points, is pretty special, imo.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
And is it just me or does Perenara just love giving it to us,, haven't seen him all year and of all games he makes his return in our game in Canberra.

We have a poor record with Perenara. No excuse for the loss but he's giving some howlers against us over the years.

This game was supposedly the game of the round yet Perenara gets the gig.

TheParraboy

Staff member
Fun Facts regarding Henry Perenara

Played for 5 NRL clubs totaling 72 1st grade games
Retired as a 27yo in 2007 to commence a NRL referee cadet programme
Refereed his first NRL match in 2011