What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd6: Eels v Tigers GAME DAY THREAD @ Commbank Stadium 18/4/22

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
And I’m not saying we’ve been a 50% chance of winning in week two these past few years, but we’ve been a lot closer to 50% than the 0% these can’t-get-past-week-two simpletons seem to think.

If they really think we can’t win in week two they should put their money where their mouth is and put their house on the opposition. Even hindyeleven only had the balls to take a bet at even money.

emjaycee

Coach
This sounds like it needs a graph
200.gif

And now we know what Pou looks like at work.

Gazzamatta

Coach
When their three year rolling win rate drops below 40%

Alternatively, when you’re top four and trying to retain your best young player and can get him cheap if you also give his dad the coaching job. Then you sack the existing coach.
But wasnt Gus about to sign Bennett? Ffs Poo!

Gazzamatta

Coach
Yep, and I would sack the coin and replace it with a different coin and I would then continue to sack each successive coin until I got tails.
Check the dates on the coins mate. Anything thats 2014 through 2022 Id steer well clear of.

Kornstar

Coach
Can’t believe people still defending the coach and players. The performance against the Tigers was EMBARRASSING! 76th Anniversary, 28,000 at the game. And they come out with that shit? Our defence and attitude was rubbish. Our defence has been rubbish from the start of the season. In the end the coach is responsible.

I'm not going to go into defending anyone over one game to be honest, this is systemic in our club over what is now decades, so blaming the current coach and current playing group seems pointless.

All the reasons you state for it being embarrassing are 100% true, there was one stage they showed Pricey on the big screen and all i could think of is if the team had 10% of his grit we'd be premiers this year.

We certainly seem to be a club that looks at a ladder position or general form and play accordingly, the Tigers were just as shit given how many chances we actually blew (5 genuine, line wide open certain tries) but the Tigers knew they just needed to scrape just a tad higher to beat us and they did.

We beat the Dragons and i thought that was a positive step forward (and it was) but we fell right back into the usual process, we suck at milestones and when the other team is under the pump......to me that is the last hurdle the club faces right now, solve that problem and i would be comfortable calling us true contenders.

Right now though, we are finals bound and maybe make the next step to week 3 but other than a miracle we are not contenders until we can learn to lift when the opposition are true easy beats and we don't get caught up in the 100/1 odds, we are guaranteed to win thought process.

There is also a very real possibility that we don't win another game until Round 12, so there is that too and i think we are no chance on Sunday given the Ponga re-signing and the fact we generally play really shit against the Knights.

Go Parra!!

lucablight

First Grade
Why do you continually insist on misrepresenting what I say and put words in my mouth?

You've done it with virtually every single post in this conversation.

Its really shit form mate.
Are you going to point out how I’ve strawmanned you? I can’t correct it unless you do. It sounds like you’ve had a gutful of me.

lucablight

First Grade
When their three year rolling win rate drops below 40%

Alternatively, when you’re top four and trying to retain your best young player and can get him cheap if you also give his dad the coaching job. Then you sack the existing coach.
You’re very generous. Personally I’m of the belief you need to have a coach who is constantly improving the side. Once they can no longer do that after numerous attempts then you should move on. Sometimes a new voice or perspective can also wonders. Do you think the Sharks were too harsh on John Morris?

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Are you going to point out how I’ve strawmanned you? I can’t correct it unless you do. It sounds like you’ve had a gutful of me.
I'll put in table format for you.

You raise some interesting points but I feel like you are trying to portray me as black to your white when all I've really been saying is that there is some grey.

1650667265332.png

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Sometimes a new voice or perspective can also wonders.
True, but more often than not it hasn't at Parra.

Its a calculated risk but one that I eventually thought was worth taking a few years back if we could have found the right replacement. More difficult to do it now but if we don't perform this year I think we might see it happen in 2023.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
I'll put in table format for you.

You raise some interesting points but I feel like you are trying to portray me as black to your white when all I've really been saying is that there is some grey.

View attachment 60590
And in fairness to you we all do this to some degree (including me) but it’s often a sarcastic post….think some of the posts between Hindy and I.

If I missed the sarcasm then my apologies. No big deal really.