What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd8: 8pm EELS v Broncos GAME DAY THREAD @ TIO Stadium - Darwin 21/4/23

Bandwagon

Staff member
Left isolated plenty of times. It can happen when you're the only merkin trying to generate line speed. He should probably hang back and let the attackers come to him. At least he didn't contribute to our high error count.

He was good early, lead the line, decent first up contact, but he tires too quickly, you can see it plain as day.

He starts hanging back and is throwing out his arms, Donkeys targeted him at A defender and worked him over.

He's not up to the speed of the game.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Who was the bigger Coward BA or Klien/Badger for not calling Hass a hip drop..
All of the above, but only one of them is meant to have the clubs and players interest at heart. I'll say again the people aren't willing to do what it takes for us to be one of the top clubs. Close enough is more than good enough.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I’d rather money be put into our football program than pissed up a wall in the form of a fine.

You do know that clubs speak to NRL representatives outside of press conferences, right?
Pissy, vindictive little merkins think the presser is just there for coaches to vent and carry on like pissy, vindictive little merkins.

Happy MEel

First Grade
With the caveat that statistics never tell the full story, and that correlation doesn’t necessarily equal causation, I think that is pretty bloody telling. Hodgson’s defence has been putrid. I’d love to see that alongside their respective missed tackle stats.
Ask and yee shall receive:

Missed tackles in games they both played and minutes played:

Hodgson - 21 MT / 182 Mins
Hands - 3 MT / 141 Mins

Total missed tackles for the season and minutes played:

Hodgson - 35 MT / 426 Mins
Hands - 6 MT / 221 Mins

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
He said they looked the same then he back tracked and said i'm not an expert 3 times.
Well he's not an expert. Brandy, Ennis and Walters have played a combined 800+ games and they couldn't work out what was or wasn't a hip drop either. It's for the officials to decide on and come up with a consistent ruling.

King-Gutho94

Coach
For sure, but then we wouldn't get our money. Which is the whole point of playing a home game up there.
It's worked well for 7-8 years.

Our contract ends in 2025. So 2 more years up there.

If we lose next year I hope the club looks elsewhere. Done well enough there but once it affects the W/L column it's time to re evaluate.

We took 2 games to Hamilton, NZ in 05&06 and won both.

SA and WA government want to fork out money for origin. If club is desperate to sell a home game then it's probably worth looking for alternatives. Those governments may pay more for a club game.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Pissy, vindictive little merkins think the presser is just there for coaches to vent and carry on like pissy, vindictive little merkins.
So it's just for other coaches and not ours??? Other coaches do it all the time, ours thought about having a go and then back tracked immediately the f**king gutless fraud. Of course you have your tongue up his arse it's what you do Poubot.

Bandwagon

Staff member
No the coward said i don't know i'm not an expert, 3 times he said that. That is not having a crack. A crack would of been if the other two were hip drops and worthy of a binning so was the that one. He didn't and you know why??? He's a gutless simpleton. More worried about his 10k than the good of the team. But but but but but but but he bleeds blue and gold. More like he bleeds Crayon.

Which is what he said, they all looked the same, but hey I'm no expert.....

That's pretty obvious mate,

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Ask and yee shall receive:

Missed tackles in games they both played and minutes played:

Hodgson - 21 MT / 182 Mins
Hands - 3 MT / 141 Mins

Total missed tackles for the season and minutes played:

Hodgson - 35 MT / 426 Mins
Hands - 6 MT / 221 Mins
The most telling stat is tackles made per minute. Because tackles not attempted aren't included in your missed tackle count.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Well he's not an expert. Brandy, Ennis and Walters have played a combined 800+ games and they couldn't work out what was or wasn't a hip drop either. It's for the officials to decide on and come up with a consistent ruling.
What a shock, Poubot with his tongue up the coaches arse again. You also used to rim SK right to the bitter end. Admit it you aren't even an Eels fan just a sad troll with way too much time on your hands. At least that would be sort of commendable.

eels_fan

First Grade
Can’t BF reading everything prior to now.

we were horrendous for 80% of tonight’s game.

paulo and rcg’s first stints were beyond poor. Russell isn’t a first grader, I’d rather Waqa who at least makes some metres between mistakes.
Gutho made some moronic decisions
Sivo is a lazy prick
Lane needs to learn he doesn’t have to offload every run.
Hodgson plain sucks but Hands is only marginally better

as for the hip drops. None of them were hipdrops, none deserved bins, or penalties.

the broncos were just far too good for us in the first half, and we probably could have won it in the second half if we had a smarter football team

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Which is what he said, they all looked the same, but hey I'm no expert.....

That's pretty obvious mate,
He said i'm not expert 3 times and i don't really know it's not for me to say. Thats back tracking and not having a real crack. Pretty obvious mate just like it's obvious Hodgo needs to be taken out the back and shot.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
So it's just for other coaches and not ours??? Other coaches do it all the time, ours thought about having a go and then back tracked immediately the f**king gutless fraud. Of course you have your tongue up his arse it's what you do Poubot.
Being pissy and vindictive just isn't part of his personality. No wonder you don't relate to him. Maybe you'd be better off following the Raiders or Storm?

hineyrulz

Post Whore
The most telling stat is tackles made per minute. Because tackles not attempted aren't included in your missed tackle count.
Dog Shopping GIF

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
What a shock, Poubot with his tongue up the coaches arse again. You also used to rim SK right to the bitter end. Admit it you aren't even an Eels fan just a sad troll with way too much time on your hands. At least that would be sort of commendable.
Coaching the Eels is a tough job, and deserves our support.