What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd8: 8pm EELS v Broncos GAME DAY THREAD @ TIO Stadium - Darwin 21/4/23

Bandwagon

Staff member
Well he's not an expert. Brandy, Ennis and Walters have played a combined 800+ games and they couldn't work out what was or wasn't a hip drop either. It's for the officials to decide on and come up with a consistent ruling.

Of course he's a f**king expert, he's an NRL coach FFS, he wasn't saying he doesn't know what a hip drop is, he was saying he doesn't know what the f**k the guys who are deciding what a hip drop is are doing deciding that wasn't.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Being pissy and vindictive just isn't part of his personality. No wonder you don't relate to him. Maybe you'd be better off following the Raiders or Storm?
No i'm not a gutless coward who is more worried about his bank balance than the good of the team. I'll support the team my way f**k off Poubot peddle your BS elsewhere.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Of course he's a f**king expert, he's an NRL coach FFS, he wasn't saying he doesn't know what a hip drop is, he was saying he doesn't know what the f**k the guys who are deciding what a hip drop is are doing deciding that wasn't.
Well Walters is also an NRL coach and he claimed he didn't know, and so did Ennis and Alexander in post-game commentary.

Happy MEel

First Grade
The most telling stat is tackles made per minute. Because tackles not attempted aren't included in your missed tackle count.
But just for your sake Pou…

Hodgson - 202 tackles over 426 minutes @ 0.47 tpm
Hands - 98 tackles over 221 minutes @ 0.44 tpm

Not even you can argue the difference in work rate justifies that much of a difference in efficiency…but I’m sure you’ll try.

Bandwagon

Staff member
He said i'm not expert 3 times and i don't really know it's not for me to say. Thats back tracking and not having a real crack. Pretty obvious mate just like it's obvious Hodgo needs to be taken out the back and shot.

You can take a statement as verbatim, or you can read between the lines.

The thing about statements where you have to read between the lines is there is deniability

The downside is that some merkins just don't get the message, or refuse to even look.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Yeah... nah.

Going off the stats only again... you didn't even watch the game tonight/this arvo, did you?
You're the one going on about stats. I saw our middles start passively and get worse as the possession mounted against us.

Here's a stat that supports what I saw: Paulo and RCG combined for 24 tackles in almost 90 minutes. f**king atrocious effort.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
You can take a statement as verbatim, or you can read between the lines.

The thing about statements where you have to read between the lines is there is deniability

The downside is that some merkins just don't get the message, or refuse to even look.
I would maybe if he had a history of supporting his players and having a crack in a presser. He's never done it, why would he start now??? He thought about it and then back tracked ASAP when he realised it might affect his hip pocket. Flights to Bali have gone up for the bald bogan.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore

Not even you can argue the difference in work rate justifies that much of a difference in efficiency…but I’m sure you’ll try.
Slightly superior work rate over significantly more minutes points to far greater fatigue without a drop in work rate. Don't forget all those misses are also extra effort, coming out of the line and slowing attackers. That also increases fatigue even when he falls off the tackle.

hineyrulz

Post Whore

Love to see how Popbot spins these stats. The only stats that really matter are the ones that support his warped opinion otherwise you will get sample size or other BS.

You're the one going on about stats. I saw our middles start passively and get worse as the possession mounted against us.

Here's a stat that supports what I saw: Paulo and RCG combined for 24 tackles in almost 90 minutes. f**king atrocious effort.
Nice attempted deflection... but back on Hodgson and the stats Happy Meel posted - ones which you had shied away from finding or discussing previously.

Can you actually admit that the old merkin had a poor game (or 30mins), and should have been hooked by BA after 20mins (before enabling two Broncos tries)?

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Slightly superior work rate over significantly more minutes points to far greater fatigue without a drop in work rate. Don't forget all those misses are also extra effort, coming out of the line and slowing attackers. That also increases fatigue even when he falls off the tackle.
shocked nashville predators GIF by NHL

DaveMc

Juniors

So let’s put this together.

Hodgson is making .03 more tackles per minute than Hands. Which is 2.4 more tackles per 80 minutes.

Hodgson has missed 35 tackles in 426 minutes of football, which is a missed tackle every 12 minutes or thereabouts. Hands has missed 3 in 141 minutes, so one every 47 minutes.

I look forward to the “but the linespeed” refuge, because f**k knows there’s nothing else keeping him in the team.