What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recommend some music!

Dee

Juniors
I'd love to hear the names of some other bands/albums for a bit of variety to listen to. I'm into old school rock, led zeppelin, black sabbath, deep purple, guns n roses, acdc, eagles, dire straits, pink floyd, so on and so forth...:music1:

Not having grown up anywhere near that era, i obviously don't have a great deal of knowledge of other similar bands from around this era. So i suppose this thread could be used for anyone wanting to hear some alternative music that would usually go unnoticed. ;-)

So, any recommendations? :D :D

Dee

Juniors
Cheers guys, some good stuff in there!

^ That Jimi Hendrixx performance is amazing!

If you want 1970s era...

Supertramp (Crime of the Century, Crisis What Crisis?, Even in the Quietest Moments)
10cc (Sheet music, Original Soundtrack, How Dare You)
Alan Parsons Project (Tales of mystery & Imagination, I Robot, Pyramid)
Genesis (Nursey Cryme, Foxtrot, Selling England By the Pound)
David Bowie (anything up to and including Lets Dance but in particular Hunky Dory, Ziggy Stardust, Diamond Dogs)
Elton John (Elton John, Madman Across the Water, Goodbye Yellow Brick Road)

Dee

Juniors
That's exactly the sort of stuff I was after!! :crazy:

Great list Bastard Squad and Tonearm Terrorwrist in particular! :D

Godz Illa

Coach
Dee, you gotta check out a great band from the 60's featuring your own name.

Dave, Dee, Dozy, Beaky Mick and Tich.

Bend It - mad song

Phillips

Referee
Jethro Tull, The Guess Who, Bad Company, Cream, Doobie Brothers, Free, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Small Faces, Steppenwolf, T. Rex

Mr. Fahrenheit

Referee
Are you f**king serious? I was about to type the same thing!!

:lol:

Jane's Addiction
Mad Season
A Perfect Circle
Dream Theater

f**king Excellent List.

I saw Jeff Beck live at the Enmore on sat, amazingly powerful stuff. There's a lot more to recommend... i'm sure people will get to it.