What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Redcliffe put their hand up

You do if you don't live next to one. The other alternative is paying busfare at a local bus stop to get to a bus station or train station. You have to factor in walking distance and the bus schedule, as you could end up spending 30 or 60 minutes just getting to the bus/train station, depending on time it takes to walk there and frequency of buses.

I live in Logan and have no choice but to drive to Eight Mile Plains Bus Station to get the free bus service. I could walk down to Springwood Bus Station and pay to get a bus to Eight Miles Plains, but that would take far longer and be much costlier.

I said that working class families are being forced to the outskirts, like Logan, Redlands, Moreton Bay Region and Ipswich. There are no free bus services in these areas. Infrastructure is valid because the bus that travels from Eight Mile Plains goes from the busway to the Brisbane CBD via the Victoria Bridge, which is full of traffic at night time.
Mate, you get free public transport travel with an NRL ticket

Argument is again invalid

Perth Red

Post Whore
You do if you don't live next to one. The other alternative is paying busfare at a local bus stop to get to a bus station or train station. You have to factor in walking distance and the bus schedule, as you could end up spending 30 or 60 minutes just getting to the bus/train station, depending on time it takes to walk there and frequency of buses.

I live in Logan and have no choice but to drive to Eight Mile Plains Bus Station to get the free bus service. I could walk down to Springwood Bus Station and pay to get a bus to Eight Miles Plains, but that would take far longer and be much costlier.

I said that working class families are being forced to the outskirts, like Logan, Redlands, Moreton Bay Region and Ipswich. There are no free bus services in these areas. Infrastructure is valid because the bus that travels from Eight Mile Plains goes from the busway to the Brisbane CBD via the Victoria Bridge, which is full of traffic at night time.

realities of living in big cities. A 1 hr journey into the centre is usual. Couldn’t you get the train from Woodbridge and walk from Roma street? Even in perth where our public transport and stadium placement is pretty spot on it’s a 55mi journey from my house to hbf park or Optus which is a 24km trip.

again though the central stadium idea is you draw from up to 1 hour away in 360degrees where as a suburban stadium is only going to draw from the local area, hence why crowds are always smaller.

realities of living in big cities. A 1 hr journey into the centre is usual. Couldn’t you get the train from Woodbridge and walk from Roma street? Even in perth where our public transport and stadium placement is pretty spot on it’s a 55mi journey from my house to hbf park or Optus which is a 24km trip.

again though the central stadium idea is you draw from up to 1 hour away in 360degrees where as a suburban stadium is only going to draw from the local area, hence why crowds are always smaller.
The journey is alright for people who have good health and no family/work commitments, but for those who are on a budget and work hard and long hours or are on life saving medication or have a disability, it is too much.

Perth Red

Post Whore
The journey is alright for people who have good health and no family/work commitments, but for those who are on a budget and work hard and long hours or are on life saving medication or have a disability, it is too much.

again, reality is not everything suits everyone
The second tier is great for people who want to watch rugby league on a Sunday afternoon cheaply close by whilst the kids play on the hill. The top tier is something different all together. I think this is something that rugby leagues has yet to grasp.

again, reality is not everything suits everyone
The second tier is great for people who want to watch rugby league on a Sunday afternoon cheaply close by whilst the kids play on the hill. The top tier is something different all together. I think this is something that rugby leagues has yet to grasp.
The Queensland Cup is more enjoyable than the NRL. All they need is a big screen at every ground with a live simulcast ot the match so that people can see replays.

The family atmosphere you get at the Queensland Cup would be great for people in Adelaide and Perth.

Perth Red

Post Whore
The Queensland Cup is more enjoyable than the NRL. All they need is a big screen at every ground with a live simulcast ot the match so that people can see replays.

The family atmosphere you get at the Queensland Cup would be great for people in Adelaide and Perth.

I used to go see the reds when we were in the jim beam/bundy cup. First few games got around 2500 fans to them at nib stadium, was a good night out.

Perth Red

Post Whore
This should happen. Redcliffe & Perth in 2023. Jets & NZ2 next round.

id bring in brisbane 2023 and Pirates 2025. This will tie in with selling the extra game in the next v deal period and give WA opportunity to have a decent start up period by entering the second tier in 2022 f9r three years. Sadly won’t happen.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Which is 5th west team??
Western Sydney is strength of competition. Sharks, Manly & Roosters mostly talked about relocation

souths, eels, Wests, bulldogs, panthers

whilst it’s true western Sydney is the heart of rl if you suggested now that putting 5 clubs in a city of 2.5million is a good idea, no matter how popular league is, you’d be classed as nuts.

Last edited:

Pippen94

First Grade
souths, eels, Wests, bulldogs, panthers

whilst it’s true western Sydney is the heart of rl if you suggested now that putting 5 clubs in a city of 2.5million is a good idea, no matter how popular league is, you’d be classed as nuts.

South's aren't western Sydney. Even if you figure they play at home bush that's still not in statistical gws area.

Eels, Tigers, Bulldogs, Panthers are among the strongest brands in NRL & a big reason broadcast deal is so big because of supporter base they bring.
Perth & Adelaide would never be able to replace the loss of any of these clubs in that regard.

Western Sydney (along with outskirts of Melbourne) the fastest growing area in country. Adelaide almost isn't growing.

Southern Sydney is oversaturated. I don't have to live there to know that when the combined population of St George and Sutherland is only 500k. One team could and should represent the area. AwFuL won't take over if there's still an NRL club representing it.

South Sydney could merge with Dragons when Russell Crowe's money dries up, becoming a mega club and representing the inner west and Southern Sydney. South Sydney Dragons, based at SFS. Sharks to Adelaide. The spare licence can go to the Pirates.

Perth Red

Post Whore
South's aren't western Sydney. Even if you figure they play at home bush that's still not in statistical gws area.

Eels, Tigers, Bulldogs, Panthers are among the strongest brands in NRL & a big reason broadcast deal is so big because of supporter base they bring.
Perth & Adelaide would never be able to replace the loss of any of these clubs in that regard.

Western Sydney (along with outskirts of Melbourne) the fastest growing area in country. Adelaide almost isn't growing.

souths claim majority of their members live in western Sydney. They clearly play in the west and not near Redfern to appeal to western Sydney rl fans.

Pippen94

First Grade
souths claim majority of their members live in western Sydney. They clearly play in the west and not near Redfern to appeal to western Sydney rl fans.

They play at homebush because it pays. Homebush isn't Western Sydney. If u don't believe a local then wiki gws

Pippen94

First Grade
Southern Sydney is oversaturated. I don't have to live there to know that when the combined population of St George and Sutherland is only 500k. One team could and should represent the area. AwFuL won't take over if there's still an NRL club representing it.

South Sydney could merge with Dragons when Russell Crowe's money dries up, becoming a mega club and representing the inner west and Southern Sydney. South Sydney Dragons, based at SFS. Sharks to Adelaide. The spare licence can go to the Pirates.

Eels fans may disagree but I think South's have biggest fanbase - rabbitoh symbol here is ubiquitous.
St George themselves are highest drawing away team.
Two brands too strong to merge not even mentioning fierce rivalry.

Can see Dragons absorbing sharks & becoming super club.

Eels fans may disagree but I think South's have biggest fanbase - rabbitoh symbol here is ubiquitous.
St George themselves are highest drawing away team.
Two brands too strong to merge not even mentioning fierce rivalry.

Can see Dragons absorbing sharks & becoming super club.
Dragons have a strong and prestigious brand.

Of the Sharks, Dragons and Rabbitohs, I'd imagine St George have the best chance of converting Chinese migrants to RL.

Sharks in Adelaide would be great for marketing purposes. The Great Australian Bite.

Last edited:

Latest posts