What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Redcliffe put their hand up

Jim Rockford

Bench
and your excuse for the lasty decade of dominance is??? hahah
If they hadn't of cheated prior they would not have established themselves as a powerful club and would not be able to attract any players at all. I meam, who the hell wants to live in Victoria? Besides, why the hell do you care? If you ever get your wish and get a Perth team, you're going to dump the Storm faster than you would a mail-order bride. I just wonder what it is you're going to spend all your time whinging about then.

Perth Red

Post Whore
If they hadn't of cheated prior they would not have established themselves as a powerful club and would not be able to attract any players at all. I meam, who the hell wants to live in Victoria? Besides, why the hell do you care? If you ever get your wish and get a Perth team, you're going to dump the Storm faster than you would a mail-order bride. I just wonder what it is you're going to spend all your time whinging about then.
Yawn. Glad you know what I'd do lol. Must suck seeing a city you hate so much become the number one in the sport that your city is supposed to be best at. That little old green eyed monster.

Jim Rockford

Bench
Yawn. Glad you know what I'd do lol. Must suck seeing a city you hate so much become the number one in the sport that your city is supposed to be best at. That little old green eyed monster.
Well IF Melbourne ever become number one I'll let you know because they sure as hell aren't number 1 currently. Also, good to know you don't plan on supporting a Perth team if they ever eventuate. I'll be sure to remind you of such when you try to proclaim yourself Perths biggest fan. Though I suspect that will only happen if they become successful, what with you being a massive bandwagoner.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Well IF Melbourne ever become number one I'll let you know because they sure as hell aren't number 1 currently. Also, good to know you don't plan on supporting a Perth team if they ever eventuate. I'll be sure to remind you of such when you try to proclaim yourself Perths biggest fan. Though I suspect that will only happen if they become successful, what with you being a massive bandwagoner.
again good to know you know what I will or wont do, with such amamzing insights you must be very succesful in your life lol

Anyway enough of your thread derailing, back to the the Redcliffe bid.

Jim Rockford

Bench
Not derailing, just responding to the nonsensical gibberish you've been spouting (something you've been very successful[note the spelling] at).

What would be better: a) Brisbane Dolphins playing out of Lang Park or b) Moreton Bay Dolphins playing out of a 25k stadium in Moreton Bay or c) East Coast Dolphins splitting games between Lang Park and Sunshine Coast?

Perth Red

Post Whore
1. There isn’t a 25k stadium at Redcliffe or $250million sitting there to build them one
2. we don’t need any more small outer suburban nrl clubs, we’ve got plenty in Sydney holding the game back
3. the whole point of another brisbane club is to utilise suncorp better and have a game in brisbane every weekend.

so there really is only one option. Brisbane dolphins fulltime at suncorp

1. There isn’t a 25k stadium at Redcliffe or $250million sitting there to build them one
2. we don’t need any more small outer suburban nrl clubs, we’ve got plenty in Sydney holding the game back
3. the whole point of another brisbane club is to utilise suncorp better and have a game in brisbane every weekend.

Will the Brisbane Dolphins be more successful than the Brisbane Firehawks at drawing supporters from the City of Brisbane?

That's the question the ARLC needs to ask and investigate.

MugaB

Coach
Will the Brisbane Dolphins be more successful than the Brisbane Firehawks at drawing supporters from the City of Brisbane?

That's the question the ARLC needs to ask and investigate.
Unknown really, they will both have the same issue, being the 2nd brisbane side, the only advantage right now, is broncos are terrible at the moment, so any brisbane supporters who are fed up following that rabble, might jump ship and take on following the new 17th team, especially if Wayne Bennett gets the inaugural coaching role

Unknown really, they will both have the same issue, being the 2nd brisbane side, the only advantage right now, is broncos are terrible at the moment, so any brisbane supporters who are fed up following that rabble, might jump ship and take on following the new 17th team, especially if Wayne Bennett gets the inaugural coaching role
I'd imagine Easts Tigers have more potential supporters living in Brisbane due to their location. Everyone that's played for them and lived in their catchment is a potential supporter.

MugaB

Coach
I'd imagine Easts Tigers have more potential supporters living in Brisbane due to their location. Everyone that's played for them and lived in their catchment is a potential supporter.
I don't see a difference really, if anything moreton bay area has more potential to grow supporters than that of the actual brisbane city area, but you'd hope to do both.
I reckon dolphins get in, on the pure fact that they aren't too close to the broncos or titans regarding catchment areas, or atleast the furthest away in terms of the 3 bids anyways, plus the bulk of their home games are Suncorp stadium, to me its a win/win

mongoose

Coach
This is the problem with Redcliffe and Ipswich. The Broncos "catchment area" is literally all of south east QLD, they have had the area to themselves for so long. The 2nd team needs to be aiming to attract fans from all over as well.

I don't see a difference really, if anything moreton bay area has more potential to grow supporters than that of the actual brisbane city area, but you'd hope to do both.
I reckon dolphins get in, on the pure fact that they aren't too close to the broncos or titans regarding catchment areas, or atleast the furthest away in terms of the 3 bids anyways, plus the bulk of their home games are Suncorp stadium, to me its a win/win
If I was PVL I would be liaising with the Queensland Gov about building a 25k stadium in Moreton Bay for the Dolphins, with a 40 year contract insuring all Test matches played on Australian soil are played in SEQ. Queensland Gov wants more events and has thrown its support behind the last two RLWCs held in Australia.

Dark Corner

Juniors

Well Suncorp could be utilise better if the Queensland Reds try and get off the backsides and try and grow club and means another different stadium in Brisbane for the NRL with the Dolphins.

MugaB

Coach
If I was PVL I would be liaising with the Queensland Gov about building a 25k stadium in Moreton Bay for the Dolphins, with a 40 year contract insuring all Test matches played on Australian soil are played in SEQ. Queensland Gov wants more events and has thrown its support behind the last two RLWCs held in Australia.
The whole point of a bris2 is for a game at Suncorp every week, not every fortnight, making moreton bay better, doesn't help the NRL acheive the weekly suncorp match.
Down the road yes it could very well be an option, so that another bid can become bris3, then a move can be viable, but if this happens now or soon, dolphins won't get the licence

The whole point of a bris2 is for a game at Suncorp every week, not every fortnight, making moreton bay better, doesn't help the NRL acheive the weekly suncorp match.
Down the road yes it could very well be an option, so that another bid can become bris3, then a move can be viable, but if this happens now or soon, dolphins won't get the licence
Which is why I am in favour of the Firehawks. It ticks all the boxes.