What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Reddy for 2016 Petition

Would you like to sign the #reddyfor2016 petition?

• Yes

Votes: 7 50.0%
  • Maybe later

Votes: 7 50.0%

• Total voters

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Joel is looking good considering.

imageview.php

Someone could have told the merkin in purple shorts that the uniform involves red shorts pulled up to the armpits.

#MiddlesexRugby

Swiftstylez

Bench
yeh, he's affordable for a very good reason

Takairangi, Ryan Morgan and Gutherson are in many regards worse or at best on par with Reddy. They are all going to be starting next year. If they are our first graders what do we have in reserve? Some people need to wake up before getting excited about next year yet (but then again Eels fans always do).

Not only do the Eels need depth, they need a player in the backs that is going to replace the way Hopoate was meant to play. They can't rely on Semi scoring all the tries single-handedly.

Last edited:

Swiftstylez

Bench
[Youtube]ZFOcbFy7TPU[/youtube]

I think some of you need a refresher

It's amazing how disrespectful some of you are

Last edited:

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
yeh, based on his form from about 5 years ago

should we re-sign Hiney as well

Swiftstylez

Bench
yeh, based on his form from about 5 years ago

should we re-sign Hiney as well

There was plenty of highlights from the Tigers and the Rabbitohs in that highlight reel.

I'd be happy to have Readdy back, has plenty or experience, does not make may mistakes, is solid in defence and can play 1, 2, 3 or 6. So very good utility value. You need a player like that in your club. And he would not be expensive.

Eelementary

Post Whore
I liked Reddy, and I doubt he'd let us down - but at his age, signing him would be a gamble imo.

Having said that, he'd be great depth.

Bigfella

Coach
He makes a lot of mistakes and in several games this year was the worst player in the field when he was targeted.

Even when he doesn't make howlers he is still a liability die to his complete lack of bringing anything to the table.

He's like Ryan Morgan past his best.

I notice swiftly has dropped off the Sandow campaign?

Time to do the same with reddy

Swiftstylez

Bench
This is beyond a joke with Hiku now signing with the Panthers, Reddy would walk into this team even if he wasn't for depth (and that we don't have any of)

Time is ticking, can't rely on Semi to score enough tries if we have a lot worse than Hopoate in this position next year. We are meant to be getting better?

Since there is no one left, get some different alternatives, experience and depth.

Last edited:

Swiftstylez

Bench
Hahaha funny we are in need of a center and some utility depth, the only joke of this decade are the eels and their sad little apologists like Lingard.

Last edited:

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Does that mean that everyone who thinks you're not funny is an 'apologist'?

It's flawed logic like this that shows you're losing your magic touch Swifty.

Swiftstylez

Bench
Does that mean that everyone who thinks you're not funny is an 'apologist'?

It's flawed logic like this that shows you're losing your magic touch Swifty.

When did I declare this a comedy thread? It is a serious discussion and something I honestly believe in. If all of the moaning that goes on in this place has to be comedy then the industry has a bleak future.

Believe it or not I have a wealth of knowledge to contribute to this forum that goes beyond what you believe typifies my posting style.

Spend 6 minutes of your time and watch the WHOLE Joel Reddy highlights and other than Semi, find a similar package on any of our current backline from moments in the NRL. I think you will struggle to find many moments if any.

That is the kind of squad player we need back, and it shows a lack of respect to a former eels player who has racked up a solid amount of games and scored in the 2009 Grand Final, to not even entertain the conversation. Not only can he play in the backs we are lacking experience and quality, he can play in a filling position like Paulo did except Reddy is a lot more skillful.

Most of our backline would not have even got a touch at the Rabbitohs the last two years.

If Reddy is "past it", Gordon is past it (he is 2 years older), so why did we sign him instead of Valentine Holmes?

Last edited:

Gazzamatta

Coach
Id sign Reddy on a minimum contract if better options dont present themselves. Id say hes slightly better than Morgan.

Swiftstylez

Bench
Id sign Reddy on a minimum contract if better options dont present themselves. Id say hes slightly better than Morgan.

Thanks for the contribution to the petition :) I don't know about minimum contract but I'm sure he would be a worthy investment at good value.

Please take note higher-ups

Latest posts