What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Reece Robson Leaving

Old Timer

Coach
In general I agree with you but it seems to be a recurring theme. We are very conservative when it comes to player selections.
McInnes is a work horse. He tackles himself to a standstill every week but he will never be a match winner like Cook (who we let go BTW), Farah in his hay day, Luke or Smith.
Robson does have that potential and there in lies the opportunity for the club to make a call for the sake of the future.
The club should already know if Robson is the real deal but as usual we have no 1st grade playing time or experience to call upon to make a decision.
He could have already played some meaningful minutes in 7 - 10 games but we never take the opportunities to enhance our knowledge.

Dragons22

Juniors
Would be very sad if he were to leave, especially if he were to go to the Bullgrubs. What a disgusting sight if he were to ever but on the Blue and White jumper. Makes me sick thinking about it.
Additionally, we also have a problem that Mary also loves Aitken, which I find more confusing than his love for McInnes, which I can empathise for. Aitken is holding back Lomax, and after the first few rounds of 2018, Aitken went missing. Defence from him is atrocious. He was missing in the trials too. Lomax is not a winger! He is a centre! And right centre is were he needs to be!

possm

Coach
Would be very sad if he were to leave, especially if he were to go to the Bullgrubs. What a disgusting sight if he were to ever but on the Blue and White jumper. Makes me sick thinking about it.
Additionally, we also have a problem that Mary also loves Aitken, which I find more confusing than his love for McInnes, which I can empathise for. Aitken is holding back Lomax, and after the first few rounds of 2018, Aitken went missing. Defence from him is atrocious. He was missing in the trials too. Lomax is not a winger! He is a centre! And right centre is were he needs to be!

Aitken is not of first grade standard but let's be fair, he is taking instructions from Mary that are probably impossible for most players to execute successfully. So not only should Aitken go, so should Mary and his coaching staff.

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
Surely it really does not matter what Mary thinks as we all know his decision making is flawed. The responsibility is laid at Millward's feet and he is supposed to provide the squad for Mary to work with.

The real story is that Millward has stuffed up as usual. Buying fringe player depth before securing good talent. Robson should be retained even if it means letting McInnes go in a year or so.

I am absolutely sure that if Robson is given the opportunity, he will outshine McInnes in dummy half play, attack and defence. My tip is that he will quickly come into contention for SOO selection

It’s not as though McInnes hasn’t been released previously.

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
Some of the posts on here are really ridiculous, I’m not a fan of Mary, but do you really blame him for loving mcinness ?

McInness is next in line to play hooker for the blues behind Cook.

What do you want the club to do? Take the punt and sack McInness and hope Robson lives up to his hype?

How many times have we seen junior guns flop in first grade ?

Someone believes the hyperbole many media espouse regarding McInnes. Remember though, not too long ago, Mitch Rein was also considered a SOO possibility.

barry

Bench
Someone believes the hyperbole many media espouse regarding McInnes. Remember though, not too long ago, Mitch Rein was also considered a SOO possibility.

Oh please, mcinness was one of our most consistent and top players last year. You can not compare him to Mitch Rein who we all knew was terrible

I’d be more filthy if the club let go of mcinness to take a punt on Robson

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
Oh please, mcinness was one of our most consistent and top players last year.

I’d be more filthy if the club let go of mcinness to take a punt on Robson

To each, their own.

Personally, I find McInnes bog average. It’s pretty clear that he’s still prone to making too many unforced errors.

barry

Bench
Why do you talk about one obviously unpalatable option. We have love child Aitken and unpredictable Lafai in the centre but still extend new boy Lomax, can you see the parallel?

Robson and McInnes can work in tandem and even occupy a lock anc hooker rotation. It is not just a matter of keeping one or the other at this stage. If Robson is extended and proves to be better than McInnes prior to his next extension, it would only be then that maybe a choice between one of the two would be required.

Maaaate your way off. You just wasted a whole lot of time writing all that crap.

I didn’t say we should let go of Robson, I was just reffering to the OP comments about blaming Mary’s love for Mcinness

Sheeesh

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade

Bog Average ?? He certainly has an above average motor and toughness for a start.

Well, I wanted to write “shit”, but that would’ve definitely offended somebody.

He is tough...what league player isn’t... and tenacious, however, he offers little else. His running game, for example, is almost non existent. Then, there’s his mediocre passing from dummy half.

And, the errors...SO MANY ERRORS!

Saints can (and should) do so much better: There’s a reason why Souths flicked him.

GC Dragon

Juniors
Well Mary has come out publicly and said that McInnes is NSW's best hooker . I have no doubt that if Mary is extended McInnes will replace Widdop as captain next year .

As for this year we all know Dufty will start on the bench and Hunt will move to Hooker when he comes on . Even if McInnes is injured Hunt will go to Hooker with Dufty starting . Mary likes to carry a back on the bench so more than likely Field would be on the bench ahead of Robson in that scenario .

I don't know if the current rumours of Robson to the Cowboys or Dogs are true but the kid has no real future with us under Mary and I have no doubt he will move on at the end of the season .

RufusRex

Post Whore
Time for Millward to do his coach a favour and trade out Pena Beane style for the betterment of the team.

Robson’s superior service will net the team more metres per game than McInnes defence will save.

Lomax through better defence and try assists will have a better positive impact on the team than the tries Aitken scores and concedes.

Right now Milleard needs to tell Aitken/Lomax/Robson and McInness that Aitken and McInnes will not get another contract at the dragons if Lomax and Robson stay ... lay all the cards on the table right now for all of them and especially Mary.

gitano

Juniors
Time for Millward to do his coach a favour and trade out Pena Beane style for the betterment of the team.

Robson’s superior service will net the team more metres per game than McInnes defence will save.

Lomax through better defence and try assists will have a better positive impact on the team than the tries Aitken scores and concedes.

Right now Milleard needs to tell Aitken/Lomax/Robson and McInness that Aitken and McInnes will not get another contract at the dragons if Lomax and Robson stay ... lay all the cards on the table right now for all of them and especially Mary.
Lol let's tell next in line origin players that they're sitting out for unproven rookies.

In honesty, Lomax is talented no doubt, but I have huge doubts for that to translate to NRL. Probably for a lot of reasons not many on here would understand.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Lol let's tell next in line origin players that they're sitting out for unproven rookies.

In honesty, Lomax is talented no doubt, but I have huge doubts for that to translate to NRL. Probably for a lot of reasons not many on here would understand.
I reckon Silverman shows more promise

Dragonsamy

Bench
If Robson is getting offered big money to go elsewhere there isn't much our club can do. We have a hooker on a long term contract, a good hooker.
You can't pay your starting hooker 600K and your bench hooker 400K, too much.
Good luck to Robson, I hope he takes his opportunity with both hands.

100%