What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Release-O-Rama

WWE has come to the release of William Regal, Chris Masters and David Otunga on the 18th of October 2010.

There's my prediction. I reckon either one of those 3 would be released sooner or later.

Otunga won't be released, he's a prominent guy in the WWE's main storyline right now. He'll be around for as long as Nexus are.

Regal won't get released unless he wants it, he's a handy midcarder who will put younger guys over.

Masters will probably go again soon, although he's friends with Orton, which counts for a lot.

zombie jesus

Staff member
We will probably start seeing a few Divas get the punt when the NXT ladies move to the main roster.

Bulldog Force

Referee
We will probably start seeing a few Divas get the punt when the NXT ladies move to the main roster.
No doubt about it. If they fired one of the more recent one's they even hired (Serena) I got no doubt that no one is safe (except for Michelle McCool). It wouldn't surprise me if Kelly Kelly or the Bella twins got the punt these days. After Candice Michelle, Maria and MJ, nothing will surprise me.

Chook Herron

Juniors
They've gotten rid of Jillian Hall. She's still with WWE but I think she's only going to be training the divas. Gail Kim can't be far behind

RedVDave

First Grade
Chavo Guerrero is definetley safe for now as he is playing the role as Jack Swagger's eagle ...this is why wwe needs the cruiserweight championship back.

Bulldog Force

Referee
I don't think WWE needs more championships. However, seeing as we have both a US and IC champ, we might as well nuke one of them (US title IMO) for a cruiserwight title!

Bulldog Force

Referee
http://www.lordsofpain.net/news/wwe/WWE_Releases_Finlay.html

WWE Releases Finlay
By Daniel Pena
Mar 29, 2011 - 1:25:45 PM

World Wrestling Entertainment released Dave Finlay yesterday. He had been solely working as a producer since retiring from in-ring competition last year.

WWE Champion The Miz was booked to interrupt the national anthem during a live event in Champaign, Illinois on Friday. A number of representatives for the National Guard were in attendance (a major partner and sponsor for WWE) and they were not pleased with the anthem being used to garner heel heat.

Once key WWE officials were informed of the ordeal, a decision was made to terminate his contract, since he was the event's top producer.

His release from the organization comes as a shock to numerous employees. Finlay is well liked and many people are hoping that it is a situation where he could be brought back in the future.

Finlay had been with the company since 2001 and was considered the top producer in the organization. Many credit him with orchestrating the women's division over the past decade.

Bulldog Force

Referee
Perhaps we should get the '2009' bit dropped from the thread title? Anyone?

Chavo Guerrero... goooooooooooone.

Bulldog Force

Referee
why would they fire charvo
He is one superstar they would never fire. He asked for a release.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chavo_Guerrero#NXT.2C_feud_with_Sin_Cara_and_Release_.282011.29

NXT, feud with Sin Cara and Release (2011)

On January 30, 2011, Chavo competed in the 2011 Royal Rumble match as the number 10 entry, but was eliminated by Mark Henry. On the February 25 edition of SmackDown, Chavo refused to support his aunt Vickie, turning him face for the first time since 2006. On March 8, Chavo was announced as a NXT Pro to Darren Young for the fifth season of WWE NXT. On the May 6 edition of SmackDown, Chavo commentated on a match between Tyson Kidd and Sin Cara, which Sin Cara won. After the match, Chavo and Sin Cara shook hands, with Chavo hinting at a future match between them. On the May 13 edition of SmackDown, Chavo interfered in the match between Sin Cara and Daniel Bryan, helping Sin Cara win. On the May 17 edition of NXT, Chavo turned heel by attacking Hornswoggle and Titus O'Neil. At Over The Limit, Sin Cara defeated Guerrero, and again on SmackDown (which turns out to be his last appearence on Smackdown!), to end their feud. Afterwards, he mainly appeared on NXT with his rookie Darren Young. His last match in WWE was teaming up with JTG, Darren Young against Yoshi Tatsu, Conor O'Brian and Vladimir Kozlov in a losing effort.

On June 25th, 2011, at his request, Guerrero was released by the WWE.

I think, in honour of Chavo's decision, Big Pete should be renamed Big Pepe!

But my guess is that he will either turn up in TNA where his uncle Hector is the Spanish colour commentator, or in AAA where Eddie was a big draw with Art Barr.