What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Relocate the Sharks to Perth

Should the Sharks be Relocated to Perth?

• Yes

Votes: 61 47.7%
  • No

Votes: 67 52.3%

• Total voters
Just to nip this in the bud
The ARLC didn't buy the hotel on the Sharks home ground just to tell them to move, they bought it to make a profit from it.
Pretty hard to do that if the team plays in "Perth, the other side of Earth" *

*credit to Ross Knight whilst we drank beer at 5am after a Psychos gig in 1993.

Why move the Sharks to Hawaii? You could drill down to the earths crust around the perimeter of the Shire and let the whole lot float out into the Pacific. The former Shire could then be named "F*ck Off We're Full Island". Just make sure Scomo is still in the Shire when the drilling starts.

Fangs

Coach
Why move the Sharks to Hawaii? You could drill down to the earths crust around the perimeter of the Shire and let the whole lot float out into the Pacific. The former Shire could then be named "F*ck Off We're Full Island". Just make sure Scomo is still in the Shire when the drilling starts.

He should be there for the photo op. Wearing a yellow hard hat and high vis vest.

'I don't operate the drill mate'

1704249397093.jpeg

Wouldn't it be better to separate Perth from the rest of Australia?

It’s not the sharks fault the dragons have a failed merger with Illawarra. 2 half nothins make a whole nothin.
Don’t want any Sydney club to move, but wouldn’t be against the dragons going, then the sharks can just naturally absorb the surrounding areas into a successful organisation.
Dragons should focus on Wollongong.

The Great Dane

First Grade
Relocation of Sydney clubs is never going to happen. Ever. It's pointless to talk about it.

The best way forward for Perth is a team of their own. No question, they should be the 18th team.
I totally agree, but by rights Perth should have had a team long before now and almost certainly isn't going to be the 18th team as things stand at the moment. We all know that the odds of the NRL expanding to 20 teams any time soon are probably pretty low despite the media talk as well.

So what now? Seriously? I'm not saying that rationalisation of Sydney is realistic, because it isn't, but Perth going another 20 or more years without an NRL side isn't an unrealistic scenario at this point. It's not just Perth either, a second NZ side, Adelaide, and arguably some other places as well, are all in the exact same boat as well.

Whether they realise it or not the NRL has put itself in a position where they've got to try and squeeze at least 4 sides into the comp when they've realistically only got 1 place open, and not only does nobody have a viable solution to that problem, but nobody in power seems to be genuinely attempting to address the problem at all.

flippikat

Bench
I totally agree, but by rights Perth should have had a team long before now and almost certainly isn't going to be the 18th team as things stand at the moment. We all know that the odds of the NRL expanding to 20 teams any time soon are probably pretty low despite the media talk as well.

So what now? Seriously? I'm not saying that rationalisation of Sydney is realistic, because it isn't, but Perth going another 20 or more years without an NRL side isn't an unrealistic scenario at this point. It's not just Perth either, a second NZ side, Adelaide, and arguably some other places as well, are all in the exact same boat as well.

Whether they realise it or not the NRL has put itself in a position where they've got to try and squeeze at least 4 sides into the comp when they've realistically only got 1 place open, and not only does nobody have a viable solution to that problem, but nobody in power seems to be genuinely attempting to address the problem at all.
You're spot-on there.

We have 1, maybe 3 places available, as I can't see the appetite for more than 20 teams for a LONG time, if ever - yet we certainly have more than 3 feasible (and in many cases DESIRABLE) contenders for expansion spots.

T-Boon

Coach
Since it is not going to happen that a weak sydney club relocate over there, I am onboard with the Bears shifting but they would need to shift over now and play in the NSW cup as Perth Bears or something similar and build their case for acceptance that way.

Latest posts