What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Relocate the Sharks to Perth

Should the Sharks be Relocated to Perth?

• Yes

Votes: 61 47.7%
  • No

Votes: 67 52.3%

• Total voters

Jankuloski

Juniors

thanx.. I did some googling on my own too and couple of things escape me:

Did this plan go through as planned? The first result of the google search led me to a protest site saying that this redevelopment will ruin a historic site.

How is this going to help them bring their crowds up? One article says the redevelopment will bring 7mil and the other 3 mil a year.

hutch

First Grade
There is still more chance of Melbourne moving to Gosford once Rupert's cheques start bouncing.

which would result in the nrl losing tens of millions of dollars off their tv contract. melbourne may cost news limited $3 million per year, but their presence in the comp gains the nrl more money than they cost. they wont be going anywhere.

this is a stupid thread, no sydney teams will fold or be relocated. perth need the reds and hopefully come 2013 this becomes a reality.

WA Roo

Juniors
We will have anyone who wants to come even the roosters:D. The rabbits are doing a good job with locals and hope they play here more

Pj,Rj,Hj

Juniors
one reason being sports fans in Perth probably couldn't give a crap about the Rugby divide, and would support both as they are both alternatives to fumbleball

True we don't care about the Rugby divide, if its a good game we will give it a go, thats not to say the general pop doesn't know the difference, 15 years ago probably but a lot has changed. As for an alternative to "Fumbleball", many members of the Force and people I know who attended Reds games also attend Eagles or Dockers games. Perth doesn't have the code tribalism of Sydney and Melbourne. We're more concerned about supporting our home team rather than what code they play.

As for the topic, I don't want the Sharks but I'd happily take their lisence.

Loudstrat

Coach
You need a spelling licence first.

I guess if Perth just supports their home side but not the code, there are far more deserving and lucrative markets for a 17ths side.

Gobsmacked

Bench
I think this fits. It's on brand for WA. play 2 games a year in Cronulla.
It worked for the Lions in the AFL .
The NRL should just pay them 50 million up front for the move- done.

Gobsmacked

Bench
Why is this being thrown up?
It solves 2 problems. 1: Cronulla not being a big enough geographical area and 2: Perth get a team .
The comp looks noticeably better with this move.
Currently the sharks are wedged between the Dragons and the Dragons... they could have a whole state.

Colk

First Grade
It solves 2 problems. 1: Cronulla not being a big enough geographical area and 2: Perth get a team .
The comp looks noticeably better with this move.
Currently the sharks are wedged between the Dragons and the Dragons... they could have a whole state.

Ok but how likely is this to happen?

Colk

First Grade
Relocation of Sydney clubs is never going to happen. Ever. It's pointless to talk about it.

The best way forward for Perth is a team of their own. No question, they should be the 18th team.

If they were going to relocate clubs the best time to have done it would have been during the Super League war.

As you say, it is hard to see that happening now.

Latest posts