What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Relocation.

Cloud9

Do you think the Cronulla riots scared off potential supporters?
Did it help the image of Cronulla or the Sharks?

t1tan

Juniors
Just a question for the sharks faithful,if it came down to relocate (wherever) or die,which would you chose?
If they die a majority of you have stated you would not watch the NRL.
Same if they moved.
Surely having a sharks team in the comp in some shape is better than none at all?

redback

Bench
You are an absolute joke when it comes to anything in the history of anything. You can't be considered a Sharks fan, nor a league fan. Please move on...nothing to see here.

I say it how I see it. Not the fluff that most of you want to read and believe.

If we were well coached and playing better football you could add 5000 to the attendances every week.

As for the development. Forget it. The club needs money now. Relocation has been on the agenda for a while now. Adelaide Sharks anyone???

Did anyone hear the statements from Rugby League officials in Adelaide? The fact that they kept saying not yet and how can we compete with the Crows and Power etc., it was a brilliant smokescreen. It's like saying the coach has the full support of the board. They are ready alright. Front office stays in Sydney temporarily, whilst all home games go to Hindmarsh. The club will try and convince us that we will be back and the usual suspects will believe it.

I blame the fans who have sat and continuously sit on their hands pretending that all is ok. The ones that like reading the fluff and attack the truth.

"She won't be right this time mate"

The sad thing is that it will hurt me ore than you, because at least I have questioned the direction we are taking!

The Popper

Bench
My concern is, that it has taken them over a decade to get this thing from its rawest form to a concept just put before council, which remains unapproved....................................
That's my concern too, SS. The longer it goes, the more it seems to be shaping up as a `white elephant', and the current administration appears powerless to improve the situation.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
I say it how I see it. Not the fluff that most of you want to read and believe.
the club is safe as houses then.

If we were well coached and playing better football you could add 5000 to the attendances every week.
So we finished equal first last year, were we poorly coached & how did we play?

As for the development. Forget it. The club needs money now. Relocation has been on the agenda for a while now. Adelaide Sharks anyone???
On the agenda for a while? By that I assume tou mean since 1997?

Did anyone hear the statements from Rugby League officials in Adelaide? The fact that they kept saying not yet and how can we compete with the Crows and Power etc., it was a brilliant smokescreen. It's like saying the coach has the full support of the board. They are ready alright. Front office stays in Sydney temporarily, whilst all home games go to Hindmarsh. The club will try and convince us that we will be back and the usual suspects will believe it.
Wow! no, WOWWWWW!!!!!!! that was some great fiction there!

I blame the fans who have sat and continuously sit on their hands pretending that all is ok. The ones that like reading the fluff and attack the truth.
I havent sat on my hands at all. I back the coach & the board. Fully.

"She won't be right this time mate"
any more cliches? Thats seems the level of your intelligence.

The sad thing is that it will hurt me ore than you, because at least I have questioned the direction we are taking!

You poor f**king hero!!!

stupid old senile prik.

redback

Bench
the club is safe as houses then.

So we finished equal first last year, were we poorly coached & how did we play?

On the agenda for a while? By that I assume tou mean since 1997?

Wow! no, WOWWWWW!!!!!!! that was some great fiction there!

I havent sat on my hands at all. I back the coach & the board. Fully.

any more cliches? Thats seems the level of your intelligence.

You poor f**king hero!!!

stupid old senile prik.

You psychotic know all!

You must sit and wait for me to post. Probably the only excitement you get!!!

cjs1822

Juniors
I am currently 14 and have lived in canberra all of my life. For some reason (i don't know why) even with my father being an avid raiders fan I chose to go for the sharks. In saying this however i have always gone for the raiders it's just that the sharks were my favourite team. If this relocation happened i don't think that i'd go for the new sharks. In fact i don't even know if i'd follow rugby league at all. Since switching from playing rugby league to football a few years ago, I've discovered the joys of the beautiful game. No nightclub incidents, fairly consitent reffing (which is all it has to be to be 50 times better than the NRL) and the thriving success of the a-league.

So with all this in mind i think i would just ditch league, (not follow union, afl, or anything) just not follow anything at all.

anyway that's just how i feel

redback

Bench
I am currently 14 and have lived in canberra all of my life. For some reason (i don't know why) even with my father being an avid raiders fan I chose to go for the sharks. In saying this however i have always gone for the raiders it's just that the sharks were my favourite team. If this relocation happened i don't think that i'd go for the new sharks. In fact i don't even know if i'd follow rugby league at all. Since switching from playing rugby league to football a few years ago, I've discovered the joys of the beautiful game. No nightclub incidents, fairly consitent reffing (which is all it has to be to be 50 times better than the NRL) and the thriving success of the a-league.

So with all this in mind i think i would just ditch league, (not follow union, afl, or anything) just not follow anything at all.

anyway that's just how i feel

Good post cjs1822. I know alot of people that would agree with you.

carcharias

Immortal
I am currently 14 and have lived in canberra all of my life

2 things ..

1) you're a virgin
and
2) you're still young enough to
a) change teams ( go the Titans or Broncos ) and
b) get the hell out of Canberra.

carcharias

Immortal
The kids 14 years old for Christs sake. What is it with some of you people?

what happened to "the truth hurts".

FTR ...at 14 I am sure even he can get a simple joke...unlike you .

How about you post your big solution to fix the Sharks.

redback

Bench
what happened to "the truth hurts".

FTR ...at 14 I am sure even he can get a simple joke...unlike you .

How about you post your big solution to fix the Sharks.

Innapropiatte I reckon, but I guess you see things differently.

Step 1/ Terminate Ricky' contract and replace him with Alan Wilson

Step 2/ Release Barrett, Brett Kearney, Jacob Selmes and Corey Hughes.

Barrett wont cost us games, but he wont win us any either.

carcharias

Immortal
Innapropiatte I reckon, but I guess you see things differently.

Step 1/ Terminate Ricky' contract and replace him with Alan Wilson

Step 2/ Release Barrett, Brett Kearney, Jacob Selmes and Corey Hughes.

Barrett wont cost us games, but he wont win us any either.

do you have concept of the financial ramifications of doing just step 1?

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
Tell us again how you beat up that 18 year old kid??? Psycho!

This Cantebury kid was having a dig at me for being a Shark supporter & started telling lies about the Sharks etc. So I told him to meet me face to face & say those lies, which he did.

He still hasnt regained his confidence & now plays Union in France.

spider

Coach
My concern is, that it has taken them over a decade to get this thing from its rawest form to a concept just put before council, which remains unapproved. Regardless of zoning issues, that comes across as laziness. It doesn't really instill much confidence as to how they could actually pull this off if approved.
i agree with you concern 100% - but dont let your faith rest in the men of the big table though they would be taking the slaps on the back

Agreed, but as with any organisation the true strength is not only in the balance sheet but also the people. My faith in Pierce & Co. is non existent.

The Chairman of the NRL hasn't achieved too much in his reign for his own club, has he?
it is those people that manage the business which produces the balance sheet though SS

we are on the same page in that view

redback

Bench
This Cantebury kid was having a dig at me for being a Shark supporter & started telling lies about the Sharks etc. So I told him to meet me face to face & say those lies, which he did.

He still hasnt regained his confidence & now plays Union in France.

You are a tough man.