What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Relocation.

ok

so you sack stuart. pay him and his staff out which we cant afford and then hire new people..spending a motza and putting more pressure on us money wise.

and who do you get as coach?

hagan? Craig Coleman?
genius.

Last edited:

carcharias

Immortal
Do you have the concept of of the ramifications if it doesn't happen?

Yeah the club won't have to pay out Ricky Stuart's contract plus pay Alan Wilson ( unproven lower grade nobody ) more on top.

Not to mention any court costs.

probably a good thing seeings as how the club is financially rooted at present.

Surely

Post Whore
Innapropiatte I reckon, but I guess you see things differently.

Step 1/ Terminate Ricky' contract and replace him with Alan Wilson

Step 2/ Release Barrett, Brett Kearney, Jacob Selmes and Corey Hughes.

Barrett wont cost us games, but he wont win us any either.

and that will result in lots of wins will it ?

spider

Coach
we can get the spoon for the next couple of years and stuart will not be sacked

they cant do it - they wont do it - and they dont have the coin to do it

anyone who thinks it's a viable option is holding themself extremely tight

redback

Bench
For the second time:

Easy, make him director of coaching and employ a proper first grade coach. Genius

The Popper

Bench
It's NOT the coach. I believe it goes much deeper than the coach or the team. I worked it out once. There have been 101 competitions. From memory, I calculated that Cronulla have had coaches who have won 19 of those premierships between them but NOT, yes NOT, with the Sharks. I believe the problem goes much deeper - into our culture and attitudes. But I can't quite put my finger on it. :(
The closest I can come to it (I think), for instance, is I recently had a chat with a bloke from the favoured club. Part of the conversation was praise for our favourite winger - something I couldn't agree with. And I don't think it's me because so many of you others seem to agree with me on that point.
Perhaps some of our problem is that too many of us applaud (and, possibly, wish to be associated with) the mediocre. :shock:

redback

Bench
It's NOT the coach. I believe it goes much deeper than the coach or the team. I worked it out once. There have been 101 competitions. From memory, I calculated that Cronulla have had coaches who have won 19 of those premierships between them but NOT, yes NOT, with the Sharks. I believe the problem goes much deeper - into our culture and attitudes. But I can't quite put my finger on it. :(
The closest I can come to it (I think), for instance, is I recently had a chat with a bloke from the favoured club. Part of the conversation was praise for our favourite winger - something I couldn't agree with. And I don't think it's me because so many of you others seem to agree with me on that point.
Perhaps some of our problem is that too many of us applaud (and, possibly, wish to be associated with) the mediocre. :shock:

Good post Popper. You are right we tend to accept mediocrity at this club more than any other fan would.

carcharias

Immortal
too true popper 10/10

Pesonally I would like to see a few attempted suicides after losses.
Then the team might put in a bit more.

coolumsharkie

Referee
Do you think the Cronulla riots scared off potential supporters?
Did it help the image of Cronulla or the Sharks?

Doesn't really deserve a response, I just can't believe how dumb people can be.

You must be about 12 years old if not.

RUBIKS

Juniors
Great post SirShire.

My $0.02...
If you take much of what has been reported in the media, stated by the club about the need to get the development approved/crowds up, even what Newman has posted, it seems unlikely that the club will exist in its current shape beyond the next 12 months.
That's one of the problems, if the media keep talking about it, the NRL keep talking about, our own CEO keeps talking about it and now the fans talk about it when push comes to shove we will be first on the list because everyone has been brainwashed into thinking it was inevitable. Talk about something long enough and people believe it.

What exactly do the Sharks offer? They should have morning markets, athletics and horse riding/petting zoos for kids, kick arounds on the pitch, live bands all day and create a real, buzzing game day experience.

This is a great idea. What has our board and administration come up with? The number of conversations I've had with random Sharks supporters where great game day ideas have come up, it's astounding that our own club can't come up with anything... and if they have, well how are we to know about it because they surely haven't implemented anything!

For the record, if the Sharks relocate I stop following Rugby League.

Latest posts