What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Reminders of your childhood

Like this place

img_0200.jpg

And recently this happened to it.

2aa925e324061995567367e5a9555a1f

Whoa! Leyland Brothers world burnt down?? How did I miss this news!

Actually another memory - Ask the Leyland Brothers.. humming the tune now..

maxresdefault.jpg
leyland-420x0.jpg

horrie hastings

First Grade
_6217833367.jpg
TheBigBuzzFunPark-Newcastle-NSW.jpeg

tonofun.jpg

Family Road trip holidays up and down the NSW coast. Me and my younger sister peering out the window of the old man's LE Monaro after hours on end on the highways... seeing a series of theme park signs

"100km to................
50km to....
10km to..........."

And despite heavy negotiations - ie "pleeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaase dad" - driving straight past in the big V8 with a big hang-dog look on our faces.

Seen the Ton Of Fun sign so many times when driving up the coast to Port Macquarie and further up the coast.

roofromoz

First Grade
- Footy cards, particularly the 1988 pink ones... the only year I got the full set
- Marbles / handball / touch footy / cricket at lunch, whatever was in at the time
- Ninja Turtles and Goodies on TV after school
- Devon sandwiches for lunch on Saturday after coming home from the weekly shop
- Travelling on the old red rattler trains into "town" with my grandparents
- The bright yellow Holden Camira sedan that was our family car and we would go on week long road trips for our summer holidays
- The second TV in the back room that had the Commodore 64 hooked up. Games came on cassette.

Life's Good

Coach
- Footy cards, particularly the 1988 pink ones... the only year I got the full set
- Marbles / handball / touch footy / cricket at lunch, whatever was in at the time
- Ninja Turtles and Goodies on TV after school
- Devon sandwiches for lunch on Saturday after coming home from the weekly shop
- The bright yellow Holden Camira sedan that was our family car and we would go on week long road trips for our summer holidays
- The second TV in the back room that had the Commodore 64 hooked up. Games came on cassette.

My first car was a Holden Camira. Alloy wheels & Eurovox stereo with joystick control. It was the dogs bollocks.
The memory of the Commodore 64 made me remember the days of watching the tape counter get close to the car game we wanted to play(super sprint)where my mate & I would lose countless hours on a rainy Saturday afternoon trying to beat each other across the line. When that was done we’d head to the video store(what is that, my kids now ask)to grab a copy of a Bud Spencer & Terrence Hill movie(usually ‘They call me Trinity or Watch our we’re mad’). Great days.

horrie hastings

First Grade

Used to love the old red rattlers, actually went for a ride on one again just over a year ago for old time sake when they ran some for a special event, used to love the old double decker buses too, use to love sitting up stairs at the front and tree branches would hit the front. The bus museum at Leichhardt runs rides on the old double decker buses every few weeks, it’s a good way to relive more child hood memories.

Last edited:

thorson1987

Coach
My first car was a Holden Camira. Alloy wheels & Eurovox stereo with joystick control. It was the dogs bollocks.
The memory of the Commodore 64 made me remember the days of watching the tape counter get close to the car game we wanted to play(super sprint)where my mate & I would lose countless hours on a rainy Saturday afternoon trying to beat each other across the line. When that was done we’d head to the video store(what is that, my kids now ask)to grab a copy of a Bud Spencer & Terrence Hill movie(usually ‘They call me Trinity or Watch our we’re mad’). Great days.

Speaking of video store, spent plenty of hours waiting at the local Blockbuster for this game to be returned.

220px-Johna_lomu_rugby_cover.jpg

horrie hastings

First Grade

more themes parks of the past.. remember going to el caballo blanco as a nipper - boring as batshit..

Had friends who always wanted to us to go El Caballo Blanco, even my father didn’t want to go, I think we all agreed it would have been as boring as batshit, lol.
The African Lion Safari on the other hand was great, driving through the park and have lions jump up on the bonnet of the car, cool but scary at the same time, seeing it was such a long drive out the city my father would combine the trip to the Lion Safari with a visit to Warragamba Dam.
Another place I remember but never went to was Adventure Land out at the cross roads at Liverpool and another place we went to with school was Australiana Village out near Wilberforce and of course Old Sydney Town up near Gosford.

Latest posts