What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Reminders of your childhood

horrie hastings

First Grade
Watching an old test match from 1978 - Aus v NZ at the SCG....

I love seeing all the old signage around grounds in retro matches, and some companies long since gone by the wayside..

but saw on one for this..

images

I remember these ones also beside Freedent.

s-l640 (1).jpg juicy-fruit_1024x1024.jpg s-l640.jpg

I dunno how we all didn't get epileptic fits after seeing this

yep. I went to school with the (Turner) twins in this ad. They were in a few other ads back then.

Posted somewhere earlier in this thread but one had an enormous crush on me in year 6 but I was an absolute buffoon and wouldn’t go out with her.

We went to different high schools after that, then I bumped into them many years later at a club. Both were absolute stunners... and i had absolutely no chance of making up for my younger buffoonery. What could have been..

Last edited:

myrrh ken

First Grade
yep. I went to school with the (Turner) twins in this ad. They were in a few other ads back then.

Posted somewhere earlier in this thread but one had an enormous crush on me but me in year 6 was an absolute buffoon and wouldn’t go out with her.

We went to different high schools after that, then I bumped into them many years later at a club. Both were absolute stunners... and i had absolutely no chance of making up for my younger buffoonery. What could have been..
Ah mate she was the stuff of my dreams back in the day

View attachment 40086 Did anybody own a waterbed?

I was so envious of a friend that had a waterbed in their house, thought it was the most fun ever.

must be a reason they went out of fashion?

Not me but there’s a place called “ultimate waterbeds” not far from where I live. I’ve been badgering my other half about getting one but she’s having none of it. I’m only half-serious though... her point, and maybe an answer to your last question, is they can be horrendous for backs... absolute spine-killers.

Zadar

Juniors
Not me but there’s a place called “ultimate waterbeds” not far from where I live. I’ve been badgering my other half about getting one but she’s having none of it. I’m only half-serious though... her point, and maybe an answer to your last question, is they can be horrendous for backs... absolute spine-killers.

somebody told me once, that the waterbed has to be heated all year round as it was too cold even in summer, think they had a waveless version too, but as a kid, you wanted it as wavey as possible.