What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Reminders of your childhood

Silent Knight

First Grade
I remember as an early teenager I went over to my mate’s place and he had this picture of Tania Zaetta on his wall:

images

I had funny feelings in my groin area that day and never missed an episode of Who Dares Win as long as it aired.

roofromoz

First Grade
You never went to Cash a Can?

25188826_1932631510386810_1099211411247813137_o.jpg

I had fond memories of crushing all the empties on our driveway in imaginative ways. Fave was to stand on the can with one foot then quickly touch both sides so that the can crushed flat. Chucked em in a garbo bag and there would be a bloke at the trailer on the weekend that used to weigh them and give you money.

Now its all automated but the cans and plastic bottles have to be intact. No fun.

Remember it well. Would collect boxes of them, go to the one that the Lions Club ran behind Duffy Bros in Wenty.

I remember as an early teenager I went over to my mate’s place and he had this picture of Tania Zaetta on his wall:

images

I had funny feelings in my groin area that day and never missed an episode of Who Dares Win as long as it aired.

My old man owned a panel beating business and fixed her car up once. One of his apprentices was caught sniffing the drivers seat. Sacked him. No kidding.

horrie hastings

First Grade
I remember going to Buckinghams when i was really young and can remember when it burnt down in 1968, you could see the smoke from where we lived at Paddington and my aunty and uncle lived about a block and half away from the fire and told us the smell from the smoke was bad when it happened, my parents still have the news clipping from when it happened.

Some Department stores which have long gone.
Waltons, McDowells, Farmers, Grace Brothers and Mark Foys.

View attachment 40219

View attachment 40220

Fosseys
Flemings
Franklins
Jewel
Keith Lord (the building is still there on the princes highway)
Electronic Sales & Rentals
Tony Packard Holden
BBC Hardware
Simons carpets

a few long gone businesses that spring to mind..

PARRA_FAN

Coach
p1010197.jpg

Caramel were the best. I remember these originally came in a white paper and foil wrapper.

My mum used to pack my recess, I always had the spacefood sticks with burger rings. You couldn't go wrong.

If I was really good, did I homework, I had the Yogi mix

6e0b7d7dc72947acafcf97867f2d12a3.ashx

Im pretty sure I had choc vanilla chips.