What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

reni maitua for 2 years

parra pete

Referee
im with pete on this one if quade was going to re-sign with the aru why hasnt he done it already? they called him in for a meeting just before he left for sth africa surely whatever deal they put to him then is their top offer either he is taking a gamble they will somehow sweeten the deal or he has agreed to terms with us and is waiting until after the bledisloe cup to announce it

Spot on mate...We'll have the people on this forum in awe when the announcement is finally made...I can see the headline..

'Eel Do'...Parramatta sign Wallaby Cooper to Four Year Deal

Gigolo

Juniors
You don't think after a 2 year lay off from the game wouldn't have woken him up to how stupid what he was doing really was.

The break and change of clubs could do a world of good and it's happened before what about Todd Carney all he ever did was drink and get himself into trouble, now his my tip and many others tip to win the Dally M his been brilliant.

This could be a really good signing I have a good feeling about it and I rated Reni when he was at the Doggies.

Hate to burst your bubble Djay but you've just bought another dud.

Reni Maitua has not played good footy since 2006 which was the last time he played representative footy. In 2007 he was either injured, suspended or playing crap. 2008 was more of the same leading to his sacking.

Comparing him to Carney is sheer folly. Sure Carney also go sacked and suspended but the difference is he was a gun player before that happened, Maitua was and remains a washed up dud.

99% of Bulldogs fans are ecstatic he aint coming back to us, we don't want him. The fact he is going to Parramatta to pollute the environment over there is sheer ecstacy.

At his best he was a capable utility in a white hot side, today he is a burnt out Bra Boy has been who's only danger is being outdone by another trouble maker in Carl Webb. Maybe Anderson knows he is a dead man walking and is trying to sabotage the team??

Best of luck with the Bra Boy....Ossie sure has the magic touch :lol:

boxhead

First Grade
Ah maybe u should come down a little Boxhead one is overweight and lazy at the MOMENT, but has some potential and the other has a record as long as ur arm and hasn't played for 2 years, I dont mind either of these signings but u appear very easily pleased, would love to c u if we signed a big name lol.

Yeah heheh, I'd probably be jumping up and down my house flinging sh*t at the walls, yelling out "oh sh*t, it happened, it f**king happened; parra_pete was right!"

boxhead

First Grade

Reni Maitua has not played good footy since 2006 which was the last time he played representative footy. In 2007 he was either injured, suspended or playing crap. 2008 was more of the same leading to his sacking.

Comparing him to Carney is sheer folly. Sure Carney also go sacked and suspended but the difference is he was a gun player before that happened, Maitua was and remains a washed up dud.

99% of Bulldogs fans are ecstatic he aint coming back to us, we don't want him. The fact he is going to Parramatta to pollute the environment over there is sheer ecstacy.

At his best he was a capable utility in a white hot side, today he is a burnt out Bra Boy has been who's only danger is being outdone by another trouble maker in Carl Webb. Maybe Anderson knows he is a dead man walking and is trying to sabotage the team??

Justin Poore? Shane Shackleton? Timana Tahu? Yeah...the 'magic touch' :roll: And we have even got a 50% chance of Quade Cooper signing, yeah can't see any other club able to attract him (except the Storm and the Broncos of course).

Djay

Juniors

Never had a bubble just trying to look positive. We will talk this time next year and see what his done ayy?

Eelvis

Juniors
Spot on mate...We'll have the people on this forum in awe when the announcement is finally made...I can see the headline..

'Eel Do'...Parramatta sign Wallaby Cooper to Four Year Deal
Pete you may be giving some of our supporters false hope here mate, when the reality of the scenario is we're far more likely chance of signing orford

Parra

Referee
When you lose a family member to a drunk driver - come and see me!!!!

So we have to believe you because you are a self righteous prick?

Come back when you understand the difference between a crime and a tragedy.

Maitua didn't hurt anyone, despite your insinuations.

mrpwnd

Bench
So we have to believe you because you are a self righteous prick?

Come back when you understand the difference between a crime and a tragedy.

Maitua didn't hurt anyone, despite your insinuations.
Irrelevant, he's still been known for doing stupid things continuously. As some dogs fan took the liberty to point out earlier, he spent most of 07-08 being crap/injured etc. Don't forget he won't be able to play with us until midway through next season.

I can sympathize with young blokes that have a lot ahead of them to comeback to the NRL after some stupid things, but a bunch of old has-beens? Sorry, I hardly see the logic in that.

Craig Johnston

First Grade
the only reason dogs fans don't want him back is because even if he turned out a good citizen he'd still be associated with the dogs stigma

parra pete

Referee
Pete you may be giving some of our supporters false hope here mate, when the reality of the scenario is we're far more likely chance of signing orford

Better to have false hope than no hope. But I am asking you all TRUST me on this one :pray:

My record is this.....I have never admitted to being wrong before. NEVER...

boognish

Juniors
http://www.nospam09.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/hp-main12.jpg

ReniMaitua300-300x368.jpg

814523-reni-maitua.jpg

925017-reni-maitua.jpg

reni_maitua.jpg

Hindyscrack

Bench
Wow... can't believe two 'class acts' like Maitua and Webb have been signed by my club, the Eels.

Maitua's off field antics are far from desirable, and Webbs onfield are woeful.

Two of our worst signings since Dykes and McFadden, at least these two were just ordinary on the pitch.... I fail to see what good can come of these two clowns.

Waiting and willing to be proven wrong. They would want to have come at absolute bargain prices.

Schiltzenberger

Juniors
Well it's a better signing than Webb.

Parra have signed players in the past that were supposedly no good or past their peak, and most have turned their careers around and put together some decent seasons. I'll remain a bit iffy on the Webb signing, but I love the Reni signing.

He'll be coming in at a good time too, we could have Mannah and Poore missing some weeks for SOO. He may not be a prop but it's perfect timing for an experienced forward to turn up.

lucablight

First Grade
Anyone else think the Eels have shown double standards here? A certain halfback who shall remain nameless was not signed because we were apparently trying to build a new culture at the club.

This is a quote from Paul Osborne

As I've said to the coach a couple of times - and he agrees - we don't want people that are a risk off the feel. We'd rather take the second best player, if he's someone that's not going to damage us as a club and our game."

source: http://www.abc.net.au/7.30/content/2009/s2702545.htm

If you compare the two Maitua has a far worse record yet he was still signed. It was a dangerous statement to make at the time for when a player of questionable character was signed.
For the record I think the club should recruit whatever players possible to try and win a premiership (legally of course) and something like that should never be said again. If a player is valuable enough to a team any club will overlook their indiscretions and the Eels have shown they are no different.

grapeape

Juniors
he cant play until may when he gets the crack out if his system ...

these new signings are making up for not getting a decent 6 and 7.

ozzie is buying anything that moves at the moment coz we be all cashed up.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
could be worth the gamble, look at what Carneys doing for the chooks

grandorient

Bench
From reading the posts in this thread, you either love him or hate him, very little middle ground.

I suggest, wait and see. Look at Weyman; didn't have the best of names when he came from Canberra. Look at him now, first class front rower.

Perhaps I walk around with rose coloured glasses and I may be the eternal optimist, but give this bloke the opportunity to prove (or otherwise) himself. He may well be the buy of the season for you guys.

By the way, commiserations for this year, I was hoping for Parra to make the finals.

Best wishes for 2011.

GO

Im certain that they mentioned on 9 news, that he had been in Bali going through rehab, training & counselling.

My concern is, he has been out of footy for 2 years, and is 28 years old.

Gronk

Staff member
Im certain that they mentioned on 9 news, that he had been in Bali going through rehab, training & counselling.

My concern is, he has been out of footy for 2 years, and is 28 years old.

Wendell Sailor had two years off and he kept fit, then slotted straight back in after a few dusty games.

Latest posts