What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Revenue for NRL Clubs (2018-2021)

Canard

Immortal
You said they're one of the biggest drawing teams. They ain't. They don't even have a suitable stadium.

They're not making much money from them.

Who said anything about $250m?

I never said they would invest $250m in a stadium.

The construction of Dolphin Oval didn't cost $250m. It cost the Dolphins just $24m, which is less than one-tenth of the amount you plucked out of your arse. Try responding to what was written instead of putting words into my mouth.

Argue your strawman all.you like. I never said they would need to invest $250m to create a replica of Parramatta Stadium. They can do it for just $24m, which is what Redcliffe did.

I never made the statement.

What's stupid is how you read things that weren't said and then base your response to what you imagined. You should see a doctor about that.

Why wouldn't they just retain the stadia they have now as it seems to attract NRL and AFL games without needing massive investment.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Why wouldn't they just retain the stadia they have now as it seems to attract NRL and AFL games without needing massive investment.
Clubs take games on the road because they are paid by someone to do so. They dont care if its a local paddock or Optus stadium. If Darwin wants more games it would require the NT Govt to stump up more cash to buy them. Stadiums have nothing to do with it.

Canard

Immortal
Clubs take games on the road because they are paid by someone to do so. They dont care if its a local paddock or Optus stadium. If Darwin wants more games it would require the NT Govt to stump up more cash to buy them. Stadiums have nothing to do with it.

That's my point numb nuts

Because its capacity is limited to 12.5k?

AFLNT have proposed a $300m stadium, for your information.

If we want to grow the game in Darwin then we could do so by building a nice boutique stadium.

The ARLC could chip in $15m and get the NT gov to chip in $15m with a guarantee to host four or five games in Darwin each year. In return, the ARLC would joint own the stadium so that it can make money from other sports that hire it.

Last edited:

Canard

Immortal
Because its capacity is limited to 12.5k?

AFLNT have proposed a $300m stadium, for your information.

If we want to grow the game in Darwin then we could do so by building a nice boutique stadium.

The ARLC could chip in $15m and get the NT gov to chip in $15m with a guarantee to host four or five games in Darwin each year. In return, the ARLC would joint own the stadium so that it can make money from other sports that hire it.

The entire population of NT is less then 250k, this would be no 99 on a list of 100 in terms of priorities.

Pneuma

First Grade
You said they're one of the biggest drawing teams. They ain't. They don't even have a suitable stadium.

They're not making much money from them.

Who said anything about $250m?

I never said they would invest $250m in a stadium.

The construction of Dolphin Oval didn't cost $250m. It cost the Dolphins just $24m, which is less than one-tenth of the amount you plucked out of your arse. Try responding to what was written instead of putting words into my mouth.

Argue your strawman all.you like. I never said they would need to invest $250m to create a replica of Parramatta Stadium. They can do it for just $24m, which is what Redcliffe did.

I never made the statement.

What's stupid is how you read things that weren't said and then base your response to what you imagined. You should see a doctor about that.
Wow this GROTD merkin is worse than Perth Dread, let that sink in for a minute 🤔
The bogan from Logan?

MugaB

Coach
Appreciate the work getting what there is so far.
Cherry picked tho, should be showing the investment in adult nappies per leagues club, until there's a proper graph of that shit, on a spreadsheet, we will never know if the cowboys are the best supported team interms of funding models

Pneuma

First Grade
Cherry picked tho, should be showing the investment in adult nappies per leagues club, until there's a proper graph of that shit, on a spreadsheet, we will never know if the cowboys are the best supported team interms of funding models
Maybe we could design a poker machine called ‘the Pistol Pete’. Ring up three adult nappies and get 12 free games.

Wow this GROTD merkin is worse than Perth Dread, let that sink in for a minute 🤔
Do you have an actual argument regarding the thread, or are you chucking a tantrum because I used data from the annual reports to prove your Eels are beneath the Broncos and Cowboys?

You obviously have a massive chip on your shoulder and never grew up.

The entire population of NT is less then 250k, this would be no 99 on a list of 100 in terms of priorities.
Northern Territory fielded a team in the Winfield Statewide League in the early 90s.

Sutherland only has 220k residents.

Last edited:

MugaB

Coach
Do you have an actual argument regarding the thread, or are you chucking a tantrum because I used the annual financial reportes that are provided by the clubs to prove your Eels are beneath the Broncos and Cowboys?

Arguments all you do,

you are the loudest merkin...
GOODBYE!

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Do you have an actual argument regarding the thread, or are you chucking a tantrum because I used data from the annual reports to prove your Eels are beneath the Broncos and Cowboys?

Northern Territory fielded a team in the Winfield Statewide League in the early 90s.

Sutherland only has 220k residents.
Mate your user name is get rid of the Donkeys yet they are apparently your second favourite team, why would anyone engage with a honest debate with you???

I’ve seen some crazy merkins posting in here but you are top tier.

Well done.