What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Reyno out for 4 months

hurricane57

Juniors
It has been said that McInnes played some halfback in his junior days.

I am warming to the idea of Inglis to 5/8th and Johnston to fullback but, who would the wingers be - I think both Millard and Reddy have provided proof of their abilities or lack there of but who else is there, who can replace them.

Johnston is really starting to carve oppositions up, both from the wing and against the Bulldogs on Friday from fullback.

southsport

First Grade
I am warming to the idea of Inglis to 5/8th and Johnston to fullback but, who would the wingers be - I think both Millard and Reddy have provided proof of their abilities or lack there of but who else is there, who can replace them.

Johnston is really starting to carve oppositions up, both from the wing and against the Bulldogs on Friday from fullback.

When Inglis went to 5/8 and AJ went to fullback the team seemed to come alive to me.

rabbitohs95

Bench
Maybe give Grevsmuhl more game time and switch up the positions more to keep the opposition guessing?

doyen

Bench
I rather McInnes at half and Keary at 5/8th.

The last time GI played 5/8 on a regular basis was 6 yrs ago when he was 22 yrs old.

He would still make a good fist of it but would it be best for the team to swap him from f/b; which most people now concede is his best posse?

I would try the Keary/McInnes combo--either one to wear No.7.

Last edited:

alien

Referee
When Inglis was down as usual Dogs supporters were laughing and carrying on.

i bet they weren't laughing when they lost the match. souths had players missing from the match, got injuries during the match, didn't play anywhere near our best, yet the bullgrubs still couldn't get the job done

alien

Referee
The last time GI played 5/8 on a regular basis was 6 yrs ago when he was 22 yrs old.

He would still make a good fist of it but would it be best for the team to swap him from f/b; which most people now concede is his best posse?

gi sometimes plays like a number 6 in attack anyway. he has a nice cut out pass to wingers/centres, is fast and big so he can run it himself, especially if he gets one on one out wide using his massive fend, he can put up nice bombs and chip kicks, and i think his defense in the line would be better than it is at fullback too. i think he would be a lethal number 6, and we do have aj who is good at fullback. manuleleua can come in on aj's wing. they will win enough games to make the finals and maybe top 4. i just hope reynolds is able to come back a bit before the finals, as well as auva'a and turner, because i think we will need them for the finals

souths_pride

Juniors

I don't think Michael Maguire is ready to trust McInnes yet. I mean he barely plays him off the bench at hooker, let alone selects him to start the game in a key position where he has no first grade experience. The way Madge likes to operate is to get a heap of wins under our belt and then ease in the younger players around rounds 13-15 when there is less pressure on them.

As for Inglis having not played five-eight in 6 years. That may be true but the modern day fullback plays much like a traditional five-eight anyway. What I think will happen is that Keary will play on both sides of the field and Greg Inglis will operate from second-receiver; much like he does when he is at fullback only that he will be in there more often (which I think is a good thing because I think people have a point when they question his involvement). So basically, what will be doing is playing old-school style and utilising more traditional 6 and 7 roles.

Latest posts