What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Reyno out for 4 months

DiegoNT

First Grade
That's not how I saw the 2014 season, to me Souths were not looking anything like possible premiers until Sutto was moved out of 5/8 towards the end of the season when Keary returned from injury..........I think Sutto is a very good back-rower.

And what your saying is true, keary and Reynolds combo took us to the next level and to a premiership undoubtly, but like Reynolds this year our preferred halves combo was unavailable for most of the year. Sutton at 5-8 done enough to get us vital top 4 position. I'm not saying Sutton was the reason for this just that for the teams sake Sutton filling in at 5-8 has worked in the past.

southsport

First Grade
@rlw_Mole: GREAT news for @ssfcrabbitohs fans - Moley hearing @rendiggiti aka Adam Reynolds injury may not be as serious as first thought.

southsport

First Grade
And what your saying is true, keary and Reynolds combo took us to the next level and to a premiership undoubtly, but like Reynolds this year our preferred halves combo was unavailable for most of the year. Sutton at 5-8 done enough to get us vital top 4 position. I'm not saying Sutton was the reason for this just that for the teams sake Sutton filling in at 5-8 has worked in the past.

Whatever Madge decides we'll have to live with anyway.

Rabbits20

Immortal
I think how long he persists with those players will depend on how many games we win from now until around round 15. Like I've said before, Madge doesn't like blooding young guns early on in the season because there is more pressure on them to perform than in the middle of the season if we have been winning games.

Agreed.

Rabbits20

Immortal
That's not how I saw the 2014 season, to me Souths were not looking anything like possible premiers until Sutto was moved out of 5/8 towards the end of the season when Keary returned from injury..........I think Sutto is a very good back-rower.

At the back end of season I don't want Sutton in the halves. But Sutton will be good at five eighth for the next 3 months, he has done the job there the last few years. Come Rounds 18-20 move Sutto back to back row where he belongs. By this time Adam will be back.

I reckon Madge will be thinking the same as that.

GI will be named as 5/8 on Tuesday but come game day 1 hour before kick off I think you'll see Sutto at 5/8.

Rabbits20

Immortal
In Madge we trust

:D

I agree with you on Sutto going to 6. Sutto has helped get us results in Round games the past few years at 6.

Sometimes it's not about watching exciting footy. Sometimes it is dour to watch and Madge doesn't care as long as we keep winning.

Keary and Sutto will complement each other well. Just the kicking game needs working on.

Rabbits20

Immortal
A few of these players were forced out due to being neglected.
Peats for one was at times sitting on the bench for 70 minutes.
A player of his quality was never going to hang around being humiliated & embarrassed week after week.His "bad-attitude"was forced upon him!
He was seen by a lot in our a club as a future long-term player & leader;Capt. of our under 20's.
The Eels couldn't grab him fast enough.
Now McInnes;Captain of our Under 20's for 2 yrs,a Jnr Kangaroo captain;a superstar in the making; has a very good chance of being lured away because he can't envisage a future here.
McInnes is a very,very good player---he is a fine hooker/dummy-half who should quite easily slot into half.
To me winning is not the be all & end all in sport--I like to watch a good,entertaining brand of footy & not witness disaffected young Jnrs wishing to leave due to neglect & lack of appreciation.

Doyen Madge is a coach who must win, he can't stand losing.

Madge doesn't care if at times our footy is dour as long we keep getting the results.

As Madge says, "the season is a marathon".

Rabbits20

Immortal
@rlw_Mole: GREAT news for @ssfcrabbitohs fans - Moley hearing @rendiggiti aka Adam Reynolds injury may not be as serious as first thought.

Fingers crossed!

I like what you've got down the bottom of your posts about the media trying to tear Souths down:D

doyen

Bench
:D

I agree with you on Sutto going to 6. Sutto has helped get us results in Round games the past few years at 6.

Sometimes it's not about watching exciting footy. Sometimes it is dour to watch and Madge doesn't care as long as we keep winning.

Keary and Sutto will complement each other well. Just the kicking game needs working on.

It can be awful to watch!!Trouble is you have to sit through an excuse for footy for 20 wks.I wasn't glued to the screen in previous years when JS was 5/8--I'd go about my jobs of gardening,maintenance in general,washing up whilst listening to music;wander in occasionally to check out the score!!!!
At times,in the past,I regarded it as such poor viewing for RL I just watched the highlights.

During JS's 5/8 reign it was a bit like running a 1000km viewing marathon.

Last edited:

Rabbits20

Immortal
It can be awful to watch!!Trouble is you have to sit through an excuse for footy for 20 wks.I wasn't glued to the screen in previous years when JS was 5/8--I'd go about my jobs of gardening,maintenance in general,washing up whilst listening to music;wander in occasionally to check out the score!!!!
At times,in the past,I regarded it as such poor viewing for RL I just watched the highlights.

During JS's 5/8 reign it was a bit like running a 1000km viewing marathon.

I always watch, even if we have 12 injuries I wouldn't turn away even if the opposition is winning 38-0.

I reckon Adam will be back in 12 weeks.

DiegoNT

First Grade
I always watch, even if we have 12 injuries I wouldn't turn away even if the opposition is winning 38-0.

Exactly. I remember watching every game I could of the 2006 season when we won 3 games all year and played some of the worst footy of any team in living memory

ram raid

Bench
nah luke to 7 mc innes to 9

I agree this is what I would like to see. You can't judge Luke's halfback credentials based on one match. He's a natural ball player and I'm confident he would perforn at half just fine. Probably better than Reyno minus the kicking.

My second pick would be GI at 6, Keary at 7, Luke at 9. G.I. will do just fine at five eighth. He's a born footballer and he'll probably establish himself as the best five eighth in the comp after a few weeks just as he did when he moved from center to fb.

Also did anybody else see how much Keary was killing it at 9 the other day? He looked like he was born to play there. So you could also go Keary 9, Luke 7 and G.I / Sutton at 6.

There's many options. The attack won't be that much affected because, let's face it, Reyno does not do that much ball playing. But he's kicking he's going to leave a huge hole and that's that.

Don't put Sutton back to 6. He's turned into a great second rower. No need to have him pulling the chain in the back line.

Also no need to nurture McInnes. Souths are gonna have enough trouble keeping Johnson due to salary cap pressure. Cody walker is a gun half who's also dwelling in the system.

doyen

Bench

I love watching very good RL but I don't like being tortured under any circumstances!

doyen

Bench
I agree this is what I would like to see. You can't judge Luke's halfback credentials based on one match. He's a natural ball player and I'm confident he would perforn at half just fine. Probably better than Reyno minus the kicking.

My second pick would be GI at 6, Keary at 7, Luke at 9. G.I. will do just fine at five eighth. He's a born footballer and he'll probably establish himself as the best five eighth in the comp after a few weeks just as he did when he moved from center to fb.

Also did anybody else see how much Keary was killing it at 9 the other day? He looked like he was born to play there. So you could also go Keary 9, Luke 7 and G.I / Sutton at 6.

There's many options. The attack won't be that much affected because, let's face it, Reyno does not do that much ball playing. But he's kicking he's going to leave a huge hole and that's that.

Don't put Sutton back to 6. He's turned into a great second rower. No need to have him pulling the chain in the back line.

Also no need to nurture McInnes. Souths are gonna have enough trouble keeping Johnson due to salary cap pressure. Cody walker is a gun half who's also dwelling in the system.

It's a pity Cody WALKER is not available--he has fair raps on his ability.

Keary is the obvious choice to go to half but we don't have a replacement for No.6 without potentially upsetting the team's rhythm.

I think GI will be great anywhere but his proven strength of late is most certainly f/b.
Johnston has settled in as a winger in combination with GI & the other players.He wants to play f/b & I'm sure he'd be tops there.
I don't want Sths going down the JS track again at 5/8---I'd much prefer GI there even if we were to lose something from f/b.
I'd also love to see McInnes in the team & playing a much greater role.He is a good enough player to go into our top 13.I would punt on him as half & keep Keary at 5/8.
BTW,Luke would be v/good at half also if given a good shot but the team would lose out if removed from No.9.
I love JS as a player & have always rated him in our best 3 or 4 players--but definite NOT at 5/8 where he is not suited.

Matrix

Juniors

Lukes played halfback more than once,especially during the Eddie Paea years,maybe five eight if we had heaps of injuries but definitely not a halfback.

SaraSassypants

Juniors
The least amount of changes the better. If what the mole says is right (Reyno out for 6 weeks) we should just chuck Sutto in the halves. If we start putting the games best fullback at 5/8 or one of the games best Hookers at Half it will ruin the whole team cohesion. Band Aid solution is all that's needed here IMO

Latest posts