What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Richardson calls for suburban footy to be axed

sputneek

Juniors
ANZ has Canterbury and South Sydney. A combined average of close to 40k. SFS has your 12k and the odd game from someone else.

I wonder who is doing better?

You don't even go to games you fool :lol: You're on here posting 5 mins after a Souffs home game, so you wouldn't have a clue which stadium is better.

typicalfan

Coach
SFS is easily the better place to watch footy apart from when ANZ has maybe a 65-70k plus crowd which isn't common anyway.

BunniesMan

Immortal
Heard of the waratahs and Sydney FC, giblet? Wests Tigers maybe?
lol @ Sydney FC. I'm sure the SFS is drowning in cash from the 16 fans of theirs that show up.

The Waratahs play like 6 home games. And the Tigers only play 3 there.

ANZ also has Swans game that get big crowds, relatively speaking.

ANZ has a shitload more crowds over a year than SFS because SFS isn't even in the same ballpark in what it offers to teams. You know ANZ has built a private locker room for us that NOONE else gets to use without our permission?

BunniesMan

Immortal
You don't even go to games you fool :lol: You're on here posting 5 mins after a Souffs home game, so you wouldn't have a clue which stadium is better.
You're an idiot. I went to the SFS last week to watch us whoop the Tigers, I just had lunch and am almost out the door to head to ANZ today.

I don't go to every game but I do go to the big games. Many more than you fool

franklin2323

Immortal
Blows smoke up Kogarah, St George and Doust. DOUST AGREED WITH RICHO IN THE ORIGINAL ARTICLE FFS.

Doust was in charge when they used ANZ & SFS when Kogarah was unavailable. If it was so good why did he send them back to Kogarah? Dragons have plenty of fans could easily get 20k+ at a bigger ground. Yet didn't we need to enquire as to why & go from there.

juanfarkall

Coach
Doust was in charge when they used ANZ & SFS when Kogarah was unavailable. If it was so good why did he send them back to Kogarah? Dragons have plenty of fans could easily get 20k+ at a bigger ground. Yet didn't we need to enquire as to why & go from there.

Watch Saints membership numbers drop if they leave Kogarah to play at someone else's home ground again.

docbrown

Coach
liking todays story about the match of the round at sfs/anz. Would be a great to see games marketed properly for once

Yep has that old SCG vibe about it. It would be good if there were discounted rates, cross membership benefits etc

cleary89

Coach

They didnt offer us our own change room ldo.

age.s

First Grade
Seriously people do we really believe another multi million dollar sporting stadium is going to be built in Sydney?

It is not going to happen. We have to live with what we have got and make the best use of them.

You can update suburban grounds all you want, but it is limited what you can do there. If you want stadiums where you can sit 25,000 plus comfortably then we already have them in ANZ Stadium, SCG and the SFS. They all cost millions to run and the SCG is the process of being updated at cost of millions. Governments and organizations are not going to spend money on those stadiums and five minutes later spend another massive amount of money to build another stadium that most people believe we don't need.

Why do people keep saying this? AFL were able to get a purpose built stadium built for a team no one f**king wants here. All the arguments you put forward could have been used there too. Why shouldn't League get support for a purpose built stadium when it's the most popular sport in the city? Never mind that along with Soccer and Union it would be much more "multi purpose" than that shit hole that's only useful for the 4th most popular sport in the city.

sputneek

Juniors
You're an idiot. I went to the SFS last week to watch us whoop the Tigers, I just had lunch and am almost out the door to head to ANZ today.

I don't go to every game but I do go to the big games. Many more than you fool

Lol don't f**k with me or anyone else on here pretending you go to games. You post 5 mins after games, you brag about the superiority of ANZ yet you can't even bother to go. I've been to more Souffs games than you. Nobody here buys your BS, and your opinions regarding anything should be immediately disregarded. Go back to watching beach volleyball.

Loudstrat

Coach
When is Parra Stadium being upgraded? Who is paying for it?
Dunno on both counts. I'd say when the state govt decides to throw money at it. Nonetheless plans were drawn up a coulpe of years ago according to the PS website

http://www.parramattastadium.com.au/venue/southern-grandstand-project

Literally the worst article I've ever read.

Blows smoke up Kogarah, St George and Doust. DOUST AGREED WITH RICHO IN THE ORIGINAL ARTICLE FFS.
I think it mentions that.......

Where was the outcry for not weakening rugby league when foundation clubs likes Norths, Wests and Balmain were in talks to merge.
Are you kidding? There was MASSIVE outcry over the f*cked criteria, and in case you are deaf as well as f*cking brainless, there is a massive push to get the Bears back to Gosford even to his day.
Where is the outcry on behalf of history when we run out in terrible jerseys when some of the most iconic jerseys in Australian sport collect dust in a corner of some basement.

The hypocrisy astounds me.
Just because AFL never knew where to find a jersey designer since Queen Victoria died doesnt mean we cannot innovate. I know you like skimpy tight shorts on men, but your chronic masturbation over copying AFL is pathetic, even by your extremely gay standards.

Where was YOUR outcry when Rusty changed your jersey design, and even the colour of your rabbit, huh? Hypocrite.

well there's the clincher......... the locker room..........
Or in Bunniesman's case, the closet room.

Wow, your own locker room. So important to have your OWN empty lockers when you aint even playing there. :lol:

RLNY

Juniors
How about compromise? We keep most of the suburban grounds as they are and only make a couple adjustments in terms of stadium arrangements. I would have the NRL team up with the A-League and pressure the powers to be to renovate SFS and help turn Parramatta Stadium into a 35,000 seat mini Suncorp Stadium complete with parking and transportation links. I would build a new stadium for Manly in the Northern Beaches area with parking. And I would renovate Redfern/Belmore so that they could a couple regular season matches a year and move the Bulldogs and Rabbitohs to Parramatta Stadium and SFS, respectively. ANZ thus could get a SCG vibe to it, hosting Origin, Grand Finals, doubleheaders, and larger rivalry games.

So I could see a stadium arrangement go something like this:
Bulldogs- 9-10 games @Parramatta, 2-3 games @ Belmore
Cronulla- 12 games at Shark Park
Manly-10 games at new stadium, 2 games @ Brookvale
Souths-9-10 games at SFS, 2-3 games at Redfern
St George-Illawarra-6 games at Wollongong, 6 games at Kogarah
Parramatta-12 games @ Parramatta Stadium
Penrith-10 games at Centerbet Stadium, 2 games at Parramatta Stadium
Roosters-12 games @SFS
Wests Tigers- 4-5 games @Campbelltown, 3-4 games at Leichhardt Oval, and 3-5 games @ANZ/SFS.

I would try to move bigger games to ANZ Stadium and try to market the heck out of them. So this arrangement you would get the best of all possible worlds. With Parramatta and SFS, you would get a modern rectangular stadium and modern facilities. With ANZ, you would get a big game feel. And with the suburban grounds, you would get an atmosphere, history, and tradition.

docbrown

Coach
Why do people keep saying this? AFL were able to get a purpose built stadium built for a team no one f**king wants here. All the arguments you put forward could have been used there too. Why shouldn't League get support for a purpose built stadium when it's the most popular sport in the city? Never mind that along with Soccer and Union it would be much more "multi purpose" than that shit hole that's only useful for the 4th most popular sport in the city.

I agree.

If Stadium Australia is such a great stadium then after the new rectangular enclosed stadium is built then they will still attract tennants.

How many NRL, SupeRugby, A-League, AFL, State of Origin, Test Matches, Soccer Internationals, Rugby Internationals & 20/20 Cricket Matches are there are year in Sydney?

I can't believe people are playing the violins for a stadium that has over abundance of top sport to choose from...

It is a joke that for a city that has 3 sports that all require rectangular fields that the biggest stadium is an oval...

juanfarkall

Coach
Perhaps the IC could actually engage with the people who open their own wallets and purses and pay to attend matches and ask them what they want instead of listening to the vested interests of lazy CEOs.
Not much point in renovating Redfern when the brains behind the Rabbitohs wants games at Sterile Stadiums.

I get to every Panthers Sydney game. So I know they can be difficult to get to but if we move the games we need to make sure 80-90% that attend LO, BO etc can get there. There is no guarantee the 13k we get now would make the trip & that defents the purpose. Atm they don't attend away games at these venues now.

I don't even see the point in discussing with you anymore. I didn't even touch on the absolute merkin fest that is getting to Leichhardt oval. The SFS is easily the most accessible footy stadium in Sydney

If you got to every Sydney game you'd know there was a hill on the way back to Carlton station, the hill that's causing you grief on the way to the SFS

Latest posts