What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ricky Stuart - New Eels coach

natheel

Coach
as much as Bellamey is a great coach at Melbourne i don't know how he would go coaching us. I think the media will get to him as he is away from it in Melbourne. Also he wouldn't have the same core of players. IMO he's a very good coach but as shown in Origin he isn't the best. I honestly think the best coach at the moment is Dessie Hasler

Avenger

Immortal
as much as Bellamey is a great coach at Melbourne i don't know how he would go coaching us. I think the media will get to him as he is away from it in Melbourne. Also he wouldn't have the same core of players. IMO he's a very good coach but as shown in Origin he isn't the best. I honestly think the best coach at the moment is Dessie Hasler

Well he leads Bellamy 2 zip in premierships.

MrT

Juniors
I think it could easily be 0-0 between them.
Bellamy doesn't buy marquee players, he produces them.
Slater, Smith, Inglis, Cronk, Orford (best years were with Melb)

Bellamy would be in paradise with our current young bunch coming through

natheel

Coach
if we arn't offering more than Raiders maybe there is a reason, Jodeci said 'Gould has thrown in his 2 cents' maybe it means we are in talks with him and thats why we havn't upped the offer to Ricky?

El Diablo

Post Whore
if we arn't offering more than Raiders maybe there is a reason, Jodeci said 'Gould has thrown in his 2 cents' maybe it means we are in talks with him and thats why we havn't upped the offer to Ricky?
or maybe he means Gould told him not to go to Parra

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
he said on NRL on Fox he would not do both

that was on Wednesday

he also said he would not be coaching an NRL club as he wanted to stay with Origin

money talks and Gould has said on more than one occasion that he wants Sticky to stay with Origin so putting 2 and 2 together, maybe Gould is trying to help them work out a deal that lets him do both

Tizzun

Juniors
Well we know Goulds agenda. he doesn't want Parra > Penrif

Gould also wants League to rule western Sydney, he may have told Ricky to coach Parra to help fight the AFL scourge. I don't think Gould is so vindictive to want Parra to constantly fail to make Penrith look good (and to give AFL an easier fight).

Loudstrat

Coach
So 46% all up after 8 years of coaching. The first 3 years were guided by a great chooks side that he took over with gus as a coaching director.

His stats the next 5 years are 33%. He had 1 decent year at cronulla the rest were bad. If kearney is not going to get credit for last years tight losses than ricky doesnt get them for his tight losses at cronulla.

after that rant i would have thought you were a double stack guy
No, thats 46% since he joined Cronulla. I have broken it down below.

CRONULLA - 74 games, 33 wins
AUSTRALIA - 8 games, 7 wins
NSW - 6 games, 2 wins

TOTAL - 88 games - 42 wins. 46%

Parra - do the deal!!!!!!!!!!!!

Latest posts