What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RLW: Best player over the last 30 years?

RLW: Best player over the last 30 years?

• Wally Lewis

Votes: 45 21.8%
  • Andrew Johns

Votes: 99 48.1%
  • Brad Fittler

Votes: 20 9.7%
  • Darren Lockyer

Votes: 9 4.4%
  • Allan Langer

Votes: 8 3.9%
  • Other

Votes: 25 12.1%

• Total voters
what was mark geyers problem with langer? he voted him 11 which obviously cost langer 3rd! tony adams voted brett kenny over wally lewis which cost the king =1st. some agendas there for sure.

pennywisealfie said:
what was mark geyers problem with langer? he voted him 11 which obviously cost langer 3rd! tony adams voted brett kenny over wally lewis which cost the king =1st. some agendas there for sure.

Who the hell is that clown to be voting on anyone?

perverse

Referee
pennywisealfie said:
christ, i'm going to have to build a big boat before that river you are crying turns into an ocean and drowns the lot of us.

DeeGan

Bench
I am a big fan of Freddy, though I cannot put him ahead of Langer or Lockyer. As most said, putting him before Daley I struggle with too. Each to their own.

BTW, how Garry Jack didn't get a start here I am a little surprised. "Jimmy" was great. End of. I can find a spot for him in the best players from the past three decades. Ask anyone he played with, they will tell you the sam.e

Mr Saab

Referee
So you are telling me that people like Mark Geyer and Tony Adams were part of the judging process.....that'll do me

This list = zero cred.

DeeGan

Bench
Mr Saab said:
So you are telling me that people like Mark Geyer and Tony Adams were part of the judging process.....that'll do me

This list = zero cred.

:lol: Agreed :lol:

Edwahu

Bench
Brandy is very unlucky. He was the star player in a GF winning team that beat one of the best sides of all time. He also regularly out performed a lot of the players ahead of him in the list.

They dont seem to like fullbacks very much either. Jack and Belcher are both very unlucky.

mongoose

Coach
Good to see the raiders well amongst it with 6 players in the list. Even brisbane can't boast too much as they only have 6 as well. Both teams sharing Glenn Lazarus.

Both teams have 3 in the top 10.

Red Bear

Referee
Raider_69 said:
Well said, Daley is the closest thing to Lewis NSW had at Origin level, not even Johns dominated Origin with the consistancy Laurie Daley did
Fittler was an awesome player and was the 2nd best 5/8th running around by a long way, but Laurie Daley was better, when big games come up, Daley stood up, Semis, grand finals, SOO, Australia, Daley dominated at every level and did it consistantly, Fittler did not.
i'd say brett kenny was the closest to lewis NSW had, considering he often outplayed him

adamkungl

Immortal
Red Bear said:
who the hell is wayne lewis?

Anyway, Fittler was definately ahead of the tripper langer, and better all round player than daley as well. I havent seen enough of kenny and Sterling play and Webke and Lazerus are completely different players to Fittler. Fact is Fittler was a great player, the best captain i have seen, great defender, tough as nails, great ball runner and ball player and a reasonable kicking game, particularly long kicking game. He carried the roosters for 9 seasons and his loss was shown the season after his retirement where a roosters side reasonably similar to the previous season went from minor premiers to missing the finals.
Slightly off topic, he also brings a breath of fresh air to coaching, as he's someone who just seems to really be enjoying his job

Thank you. I sense a lot of Rooster hate in here. Not surprised...but some of the crap bring thrown around is LOL at best. 1/4 good games for most of his career? Piggybacked in Origin? PLEASE. :crazy:

bluesbreaker

Bench
Andrew Johns by miles. Noone has ever come close. Lewis had nothing. :lol: at Daley dominating origin more than Joey, go watch that NSW dvd of origin highlights, I reckon he had a hand in every try in most games he played.

Walt Flanigan

Referee
bluesbreaker said:
:lol: at Daley dominating origin more than Joey, go watch that NSW dvd of origin highlights, I reckon he had a hand in every try in most games he played.

Maybe you should go back and watch the NSW three-peat between 1992 and 1994. Daley was all over QLD. NSW never lost a series while Daley was captain either.

_Johnsy

Referee
pennywisealfie said:

It's an opinion. Do you actually understand that word.

Unlike your opinions, which have no agendas of course. :roll: :roll: :roll:

simon says

First Grade
I dont like how only halves are deemed the best players.

There are a host of blokes that were the best in their position or thereabouts who arent even mentioned.

IMO it should be best player by position......it would be a far more interesting debate anyway.

Just for the record.......Johns,Sterling,Elias,Kenny,Grothe are,my top 5.

Edwahu said:
Brandy is very unlucky. He was the star player in a GF winning team that beat one of the best sides of all time. He also regularly out performed a lot of the players ahead of him in the list.

They dont seem to like fullbacks very much either. Jack and Belcher are both very unlucky.

youve mentioned some great names in that post.

all class players

brandy was a fantastic half back

Latest posts